How Can We Help the Board?

I am not posting this to start a re-run of arguments regarding the old board, how good they were, how bad they were, or how could they leave us in this position?

We are where we are - so what can we do to support the board?

Note - buying Gordon Scott's shares in the future is not here and now helping the present board.

Come on then - lets be having your positive ideas.

How can the club raise capital?

How can the club raise the money coming into the club week by week, month by month, year by year?

Ricky I sincerely hope that the BOD also have this idea

What they must stop doing is paying out 100ks in comp due to their short vision and incompetence

IM. TC. AR all paid out in last 18 months, can you imagine what 150k would do for us now   

Would we be in this position, my granny who died 20 years ago would have more than 4 pts....

I know the club have probably explored this idea or are indeed possibly trying to get something going in the works, though I always thought some kind of sponsorship with one of the airlines that fly to and from Glasgow airport. The long stay car park could possibly link up with one of the airlines as an airline specific long/short stay carpark. Sponsorship on the roofs, since we are in the flight path of the airport.

All good and well from our end, though trying to get an airline to buy into the idea?

Edited by kevo_smfc

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I know the club have probably explored this idea or are indeed possibly trying to get something going in the works, though I always thought some kind of sponsorship with one of the airlines that fly to and from Glasgow airport. The long stay car park could possibly link up with one of the airlines as an airline specific long/short stay carpark. Sponsorship on the roofs, since we are in the flight path of the airport.

All good and well from our end, though trying to get an airline to buy into the idea?

Well we have  ship that sponsors us. HMS TITANIC

5 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

The bottom line is SG bought shares but did not invest.GS has bought shares and has said he will not invest.

He did however say that he would come up with plans to increase the revenue and he has a 10 year plan

Time to let us know 

In the chairman's updates he's already given hints at some things they are working on.

I would say there is a need for at least some patience. The new board have been in place since the start of August. It's a bit much to expect them to have revolutionised the clubs revenue streams inside 4 months, in my opinion.

Sounds to me like a lot of time, energy and resource has gone into firefighting legacy issues at the club during the initial period.

I'd accept the honeymoon period is certainly over but more so because of the performance of the team right now.

15 minutes ago, div said:

In the chairman's updates he's already given hints at some things they are working on.

I would say there is a need for at least some patience. The new board have been in place since the start of August. It's a bit much to expect them to have revolutionised the clubs revenue streams inside 4 months, in my opinion.

Sounds to me like a lot of time, energy and resource has gone into firefighting legacy issues at the club during the initial period.

I'd accept the honeymoon period is certainly over but more so because of the performance of the team right now.

It's December this week and he started working on the takeover long before August, he has told us he has a plan so let's see it !

Ask Stuart [emoji23]

I offered my assistance many months ago to SMiSA and got a lovely reply back from Colin Orr and Barry Mitchell telling me that I should wait for their phone call. I'm still patiently waiting but I have to say that it's funny sometimes to find out who reads these forums. An official from AN Other club contacted me just yesterday to see if I'd be willing to come in for a wee chat after seeing one of my posts on here.

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

though I always thought some kind of sponsorship with one of the airlines that fly to and from Glasgow airport. Sponsorship on the roofs, since we are in the flight path of the airport.

Brian Caldwell already explored this and approached a number of airlines. Couldn't get the idea to fly unfortunately.

4 hours ago, rebella15 said:

It's December this week and he started working on the takeover long before August, he has told us he has a plan so let's see it !

The AGM will be happening soon so you can ask him then.  There was no need to ask the old board about their plan as for the last 7 years the only plan they had was to get out of dodge.