St Mirren v Raith Rovers SPFL Championship 10/12/16

shull

Just got to keep at it.

I'm sure Jack and James will fix the crisis we are in.

Plenty games available for our recovery.

Fight like feck from now on.

St Mirren 1 Raith Rovers 0

Sutton in the 75th minute.

Crowd 2613

Serious question 'Do you think tonight's result will add a few more hundred to the gate on Saturday?'.

The club is desperate for cash so I hope a few 'floating supporters' turn up but with Christmas round the corner then people might be saving their cash.

It appeared from the videos on Facebook that there was a small but vocal support in attendance at Dumfries tonight. I really hope we can carry that into Saturday's game. I want us to go out on Saturday and have a real go at Raith and try to win the game from the off and get the crowd in full voice as the atmosphere has been poor for a good few seasons now. :-(

It will be difficult but I think we will get something from this game.

Just now, TopCat said:

Got a feeling about this guys, this is the one, this is the type of game we do well in, we are going to win.

Might aswell get all the usual lines in early!

yeah a few have said that all season...i spose if you say it enough its bound to come up trumps eventually :P:lol:

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Wonder if we'll see a few changes after last night. I thought Shankland looked better than Sutton when he came on and we seemed to cope OK when we put Hardie on as an extra striker.

Big decision will be what to do with Quinn who was poor last night.

We looked much better when he went off and we went with two up front. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Sutton can't play up front on his own now.

Hardie looked lively when he came on, and remains a very capable option.

Would stick with Ben & Gary at CH, they finally looked like they might be getting an understanding in that second half.

44 minutes ago, div said:

Big decision will be what to do with Quinn who was poor last night.

We looked much better when he went off and we went with two up front. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Sutton can't play up front on his own now.

Hardie looked lively when he came on, and remains a very capable option.

Would stick with Ben & Gary at CH, they finally looked like they might be getting an understanding in that second half.

Yeah, thought the pair of them were really good in the second half, headed away pretty much everything that came at them. There was also a superb clearance of a cross from one of them that prevented an almost certain goal - plus MacKenzie seemed to be on a mission to score at the other end!

We could really do with having a settled centre-half partnership as we keep having to change every week and it's not usually by choice but injuries/suspension/cup tied. Wouldn't be surprised if we haven't had the same pairing in back-to-back games since Ross took over!

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Wonder if we'll see a few changes after last night. I thought Shankland looked better than Sutton when he came on and we seemed to cope OK when we put Hardie on as an extra striker.

Interesting point Stu. I guess it depends on the formation the manager thinks right for the game.

Just hope we put in a display on Saturday ....... lost count of the number of times over the past few years that Saints have built the fans hopes up only to come crashing down with a bump.

Fans will get behind the team if we see the effort and commitment going in - If we can build some momentum then I'm sure we can get out of this mess. 

COYS !

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

After careful consideration, with my recent predictions being marginally better than Shull's ( second thoughts lot better actually ) I'm going for a convincing 4-1 with the Ross interview 'template' being binned :)

TBH Fozzie Bear is better at predictions than Shull so nothing to get excited about there. :lol:

OH, back on topic.................no idea, could go anyway so I'll sit on the fence with a 4-4 draw.