St Mirren v Raith Rovers SPFL Championship 10/12/16

shull

The Rovers players were all on the flight to Dublin last night, as were the guys from Falkirk, QOS and Airdrie.  About 80 of them all heading over for their Christmas piss up.  That dirty wee b*stard Mark Stewart was sitting in front of me and I got talking to him.  I suggested that he had been putting himself about a bit during the match. He  said "your centre half (Gordon) nearly broke my leg!".  I pointed out to him that it was Gordon who had to go off injured.  We agreed to disagree!

21 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

The Rovers players were all on the flight to Dublin last night, as were the guys from Falkirk, QOS and Airdrie.  About 80 of them all heading over for their Christmas piss up.  That dirty wee b*stard Mark Stewart was sitting in front of me and I got talking to him.  I suggested that he had been putting himself about a bit during the match. He  said "your centre half (Gordon) nearly broke my leg!".  I pointed out to him that it was Gordon who had to go off injured.  We agreed to disagree!

Nearly broke his leg? Couldn't have been that bad given he played on and was managing to drag himself in agony from his sick bed to go on a Christmas bender.

He's a snivelling wee cock.

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

The Rovers players were all on the flight to Dublin last night, as were the guys from Falkirk, QOS and Airdrie.  About 80 of them all heading over for their Christmas piss up.  

That must have been a great night out.......not a winner among them.

:santa

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Nearly broke his leg? Couldn't have been that bad given he played on and was managing to drag himself in agony from his sick bed to go on a Christmas bender.

He's a snivelling wee cock.

Indeed. I liked the look of Raith's man mountain centre back though. Was mobile for a big guy and a threat up front. Just what we needed for the past two, three, four, five, six.... fifteen seasons.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Indeed. I liked the look of Raith's man mountain centre back though. Was mobile for a big guy and a threat up front. Just what we needed for the past two, three, four, five, six.... fifteen seasons.

Aye, said the same during the game.

2 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Young Jason Naismith does a power of running.

He is consistently good and is improving all the time.

Yep - absolutely. I'm glad he's turning it around.

I kept quiet earlier this season, when others were (understabably) having a go, as my then eight year old son met him at a Match Attax event at Hampden earlier this year and he was an absolute gent - totally happy to do the autograph and photo thing. Absolutley made the wee guys's day.

I couldn't make it to the event so JN was spared the creeped out embarrassment of having to sign an autograph for me too... :D

Was straight out to a Christmas Night out after the game so only getting to post now.

Everyone else has already covered everything I wanted to - but as we don't get much opportunity to crow I'm going to just repeat these things anyway :D

I was impressed by the fight and committment yesterday - we were the better team. We looked like we believed we can beat teams in this division

The goalie was superb throughout with a few great saves and that one absolute corker to keep us ahead. He looked a different player.

The kids in midfield were great, Rocco had a good game. Shankland and Morgan worked well together.

Andy Webster - who I have criticised in the past - came on and was solid.

Everyone played well - when do we ever get to say that (?) -  and I am a happy buddie.

Dumbarton and Ayr especially will be looking nervously into their metaphorical rear-view mirrors... "guys... we're gunning for you..."!

22 hours ago, antrin said:

Looked like the Raith player wanted to run through someone who didn't budge. The ball wasn't under his control at the time.

That's what I said when I saw the footage. The ball was away from him already. If the ref was to have given a decision for them it would have had to have been obstruction which would have been an indirect freekick, so it would have never been a penalty anyway

1 hour ago, madball said:

That's what I said when I saw the footage. The ball was away from him already. If the ref was to have given a decision for them it would have had to have been obstruction which would have been an indirect freekick, so it would have never been a penalty anyway

Think you might be right there technically but I've never actually seen a ref give an indirect freekick in the box apart from for a passback. Imagine the uproar from the raith fans if he'd blown for a foul and gave an indirect freekick rather than a penalty :lol:

39 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Think you might be right there technically but I've never actually seen a ref give an indirect freekick in the box apart from for a passback. Imagine the uproar from the raith fans if he'd blown for a foul and gave an indirect freekick rather than a penalty :lol:

They used to when the game was simple and offside was just that,no feckin 1st phase 2nd phase shit

6 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Think you might be right there technically but I've never actually seen a ref give an indirect freekick in the box apart from for a passback. Imagine the uproar from the raith fans if he'd blown for a foul and gave an indirect freekick rather than a penalty 

They used to when the game was simple and offside was just that,no feckin 1st phase 2nd phase shit

9 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

I thought Shanks was fouled in their box, it looks from the footage that the big defender was using his arm to push Shanks in the back. 

I once saw a goal scored from an indirect free kick inside the box. The player took a shot and the goalkeeper went for it, came off his hand and ended up in the net. Goal given, if the keeper had just watched it go in he'd have had a bye kick.

36 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Earlier in the season at Stark's  park, Raith got away with an absolute stonewall penalty, when Kyle Benedictus blatantly punched the ball away in our area. 

Were they not 2 stonewall pen denied to us in that game ?

Decided to go to this game and thought we just about deserved to win but heart was in my mouth near the end as Rovers piled on the pressure and when I heard the name Rudi Skacel I feared the worst. Must be the only time he has failed to find the net against us. Great goal by Morgan and thought Shankland came on to a game second half against that huge no 5 by getting steamed into him. If only we can beat Ayr this week it puts pressure on those above us and maybe we can catch them up after all.