Our "Shambles" Of A Squad Inherited By Poor-Wee-It's-Not-His-Fault Jack Ross

38 minutes ago, paisleysaint said:

Hutton :lol: he must have had an impact on Saturday as I noticed Airdrie got leathered 5 nil by Stenny at home.

He's won one and lost one since going there and I'm told from an Airdrie coach that he was one of Airdrie's better performers on an off week for the team on the whole. Mallan didn't play on Saturday and I'm told St Mirren were much better in the midfield area as a result. I wasn't at either match so I can add a personal opinion to all this, but I think you miss the point I've been making. Hutton was by no means a good player for St Mirren but fans of the club certainly give Hutton a bum rap especially when you consider he had been no worse than "fans hero" Stevie Mallan, who was so bad everyone was making excuses for him. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

He's won one and lost one since going there and I'm told from an Airdrie coach that he was one of Airdrie's better performers on an off week for the team on the whole. Mallan didn't play on Saturday and I'm told St Mirren were much better in the midfield area as a result. I wasn't at either match so I can add a personal opinion to all this, but I think you miss the point I've been making. Hutton was by no means a good player for St Mirren but fans of the club certainly give Hutton a bum rap especially when you consider he had been no worse than "fans hero" Stevie Mallan, who was so bad everyone was making excuses for him. 

Who told you that we were much better in midfield on sat ? A St Mirren coach or family ? 

23 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Are any of us feeling a bit calmer than se7en days ago?

Indeed. Although I was still relatively calm last week. Glad we got the crucial first win. Happy that this gave such a boost, and as so often happens, a second win followed quickly after.

Now we need to keep it going. Trouble is, I think most of us are now expecting us to take 3 points on Saturday, so perhaps the pressure changes to a different kind - expectation.

Personally I think we can beat Ayr if we keep playing as we have been in recent weeks, and if we can get a wee bit of luck, which plays a big part in everything. Momentum is with us too. The intangibles point to a Saints win. Let's hope they are correct...

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Indeed. Although I was still relatively calm last week. Glad we got the crucial first win. Happy that this gave such a boost, and as so often happens, a second win followed quickly after.

Now we need to keep it going. Trouble is, I think most of us are now expecting us to take 3 points on Saturday, so perhaps the pressure changes to a different kind - expectation.

Personally I think we can beat Ayr if we keep playing as we have been in recent weeks, and if we can get a wee bit of luck, which plays a big part in everything. Momentum is with us too. The intangibles point to a Saints win. Let's hope they are correct...

I live in Ayr these days and I know their fans are miffed at the late goals they've conceded against us in all three games so far this season. If Ayr's players are anywhere near as motivated as their fans it going to be a tough game.

COYS - last minute winner from a wicked deflection would make my weekend! :holiday

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I live in Ayr these days and I know their fans are miffed at the late goals they've conceded against us in all three games so far this season. If Ayr's players are anywhere near as motivated as their fans it going to be a tough game.

COYS - last minute winner from a wicked deflection would make my weekend! :holiday

Any win will do...

Yeah, now we're starting to pick up points, it's easy to forget the other team has a part to play as well. Games against Ayr have all been hard fought encounters. I just feel with the confidence beginning to return, and with the fans getting a more positive vibe to the players because of this, we should be able to take the points. No predictions, but a single goal will do it every time for me...

I think the backing the team got on Saturday (and Tuesday night from what I saw) was first class. The place had a wee buzz about it and it was nice to hear some positivity in the stadium.

Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but this is another massive game for us, the face that we can close the gap to 1 shows how quickly this league can turn around and hopefully the good feeling can continue