Relegation

Just now, El Gingero said:

I really couldn't give a toss of your opinion. I will still go and see St Mirren wether we are winning or losing. Players, Managers and owners come and go but the fans are always the constant in a football club. I really don't want to get into a debate with you about it.

I've no problem with you doing that at all. What you choose to do with your own money is your own affair. It was you who berated me and another forum user because we were choosing not to go back. 

What I will point out to you though is that the one time in my life where Chairmen, Directors and footballs governing body listened to the fans was in 2012. The easy thing to do was to simply replace the old, liquidated Rangers with the new Rangers. Just slot one in replacing the other. No problems with loss of finance and no problems with loss of sponsorship or TV rights. I'm certain they would have gone that way too - if it wasn't for the fact that fans all across Scotland were holding back on buying season tickets and threatening to walk away from football forever if Rangers were given the kind of preferential treatment that wasn't afforded to Gretna, Aidrieonians and Third Lanark before them. 

You might not like it, but if fans were to act like customers just once in a while perhaps football chairmen everywhere might just do something to make the game better for everyone. Just brainlessly handing your money over every week out of some sense of loyalty and hoping for better times doesn't sound very proactive or productive to me. 

Regards the earlier SD point about staying home to watch Motherwell v Celtic and catching the end of Chelsea v Man City. I'm sure they were very entertaining games but most St Mirren fans couldn't care less about the outcome as their team wasn't involved. You could watch the greatest neutral game in the history of football but it wouldn't give you the same passion as watching your own team. Even in defeat you feel more emotion even if it is one of anger/disappointment. 

39 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

I agree with the comment about the ground, even when things were bad, at Love Street, they didn't seem as bad as they have been at the 'Paisley 2021, your name here for a fiver, JD Sports King of trainers' stadium

Disagree, definitely wearing rose tinted specs there!

a 5-1 defeat at home to Airdrie when Tony got sacked the second was particularly desperate.

9 hours ago, scam said:

Having sat through the dross on show from Rae's team at the start of the season I see no evidence that he would have kept us up! The team has improved under Jack Ross and I believe results will come.

IVE already said that the team has and will continue to improve under Jack and he plays a game that is required to win games as opposed to drawing for a point . However you cannot make such a change of a Manager at so early a stage in the season . Many supporters would think that we would have had a chance of winning the leauge no chance but certainly Rae should have had ambitions of a play off spot . You can never say 100 % he would not have got us relegated but to be fair he probably didn't get the credit he deserved for keeping us up last year . My point is the timing of the appointment was wrong and Scott must have just had a personality issue with Rae and that should NOT have come into it . The end of the season would have been appropriate or even January and we would have had more points that we will have . Jack will come good but this mess could and should have been avoided at all costs . Scott must be thinking of his position and must go soon . 

7 hours ago, scottd said:

Which will be far and away the largest in the league.  If we are doing well then we should draw 2000 without too much trouble.

I would agree with that. But we will be part time thier would have to be severe cuts. Lets hope we dont go there. 

23 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

Some on here may think I'm deluded, but I still think there's every chance that we can stay up.

There's not much between any of the teams, and when we get that first win it'll take a lot of pressure off the players. Our playing squad is at least as good as those of Dumbarton, Dunfermline, QoS, Ayr and Morton. If we win a couple of games, the pressure goes back on those above us and we (players, management and fans) can start to build a bit of momentum.

Aye, it's not great being 9 and 10 points behind our nearest rivals but we've got over half the season to go, and I'm sure Dumbarton and Dunfermline will be dreading us getting our first win. If we were in their position, we'd be looking behind us and fearing the worst.   

I agree. We'll only stay up if we start winning soon though.

Win tonight, and we're 6 points from the play off and 7 points from safety. Home to Raith on Saturday will be a big ask to take anything from, but we shouldn't dismiss the boost that can be taken from securing a first league win of the season. Next up is Ayr, at home, a team whom we have already beaten twice this season, at home. We can very realistically look to win that one.

But the first win is crucial, and against a team whose form has been as bad as us over the past 7 games, we must do whatever it takes to get the three points. Dig in, fight, grind out a win. do that, and the mood lifts a little, and gives us the beginnings of a tiny bit of momentum. From there, who knows.

Just win tonight first though...