Relegation

We can still and will get out of this.The team is playing much better and we would have won yesterday but for Baird being sent off.Just surprised that a vastly experienced ref like Craig couldn't see that Miller was in some ways to blame for Jack's actions.Our luck will change and we are better than most in this league 9 points from our next three games could just have a number of teams above us becoming nervous.Part time sides like Ayr and Dumbarton will find things tough as winter sets in.

45 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

We can still and will get out of this.The team is playing much better and we would have won yesterday but for Baird being sent off.Just surprised that a vastly experienced ref like Craig couldn't see that Miller was in some ways to blame for Jack's actions.Our luck will change and we are better than most in this league 9 points from our next three games could just have a number of teams above us becoming nervous.Part time sides like Ayr and Dumbarton will find things tough as winter sets in.

FFS, now the referee is supposed to make decisions on things he and his officials haven't seen. Are you really claiming that when a referee sees a player lose the plot and punch an opponent he's supposed to assume that the victim must have deserved it? 

Is there really is nothing more stupid than a St Mirren fan. :wacko:

Stuart Dickson if that is your real name no need for personal abuse.Yes I am a Saints fan for sixty years and I in no way condone Jack's actions.I did referee in the 70's and speech play etc does go on.Jack is learning the game and Miller is obviously very experienced.I have been in Craig's company a few times and he is a very tolerant ref.All I am saying is perhaps he could have had word in Miller's ear prior to all this happening.Perhaps you may care to comment on the fact that Ross is having the team playing better without having much luc whatsoever rather than berating your fellow fans.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Stuart Dickson if that is your real name no need for personal abuse.Yes I am a Saints fan for sixty years and I in no way condone Jack's actions.I did referee in the 70's and speech play etc does go on.Jack is learning the game and Miller is obviously very experienced.I have been in Craig's company a few times and he is a very tolerant ref.All I am saying is perhaps he could have had word in Miller's ear prior to all this happening.Perhaps you may care to comment on the fact that Ross is having the team playing better without having much luc whatsoever rather than berating your fellow fans.

I didn't know I had fans... :wacko: 

Come on. You made the idiotic statement - all I did was point out the absurdity of it. If you're refereed before you know you can only make decisions on what you've seen. If you see a player punching another player it's obviously violent conduct and there should only ever be one outcome. It's utterly absurd to claim that a ref, no matter how experienced, should make allowances for this violent conduct on the basis of something that may or may not have happened that he and his fellow officials hadn't seen. You have absolutely no idea if Miller was being out of order with Jack Baird, you are simply trying to excuse the inexcusable and making a tool of yourself as a result. 

Did you not see the ref on Wed when he did the Hearts v Newco game. He was crap and being experience does not make him good. Years ago maybe he was good but he been poor for the last few years.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

FFS, now the referee is supposed to make decisions on things he and his officials haven't seen. Are you really claiming that when a referee sees a player lose the plot and punch an opponent he's supposed to assume that the victim must have deserved it? 

How about a lapsed St Mirren fan ? 

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Yes we still can get out of this . What I'd like to know what actually happened in the dressing room at half time yesterday to Jack Baird . What a disgrace to his Manager , The Club and us fans who traveled to Falkirk . If he does a last ditch tacle or possibly mistimed 2 Nd yellow card he could be excused but punching the guy who's obviously a wind up merchant ! He's no clue how to wait to get revenge . Gordon Scott should never have sacked Rae until end of season . Rae kept us up last year and would have done so this year . Then and only then bring in JR. but the timining was all wrong . If we go down Scott has to take responsibility and resign . 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Dumbarton have themselves a very organised Manager who to coin an old phrase " pisses with the k*** he has . Alex Rae done that but he obviously must have had words with GS and Scott fired him . The smart move was keep Rae and bin him at the end of the season . What I'm amazed at is there has been no strong reaction to what Jack Baird done yesterday . I'd be interested to know if the likes of big McKenzie punched his lights out ! The Manager should not need to sort him out the players themselves should handle Baird he a walking nightmare 

Your kidding yourself on if you think part time teams will fall apart . Must say great okay yesterday until Baird acted like an amatuer and I thought we were going to score again . If players come in during the window who's funding it ? Gordon Scott ! Baird should be made to apologise to us fans who invested time and money a complete lack of disipline and it all comes from Scott . Experienced guy in defensive areas should be playing . I'd not give Langfield the easy option ( coaching ) exactly what happened with Gary Teale . Langfield should be playing and so should Webster . It's ok throwing boys in up front but not at the back . Quinn is another who's not doing the job . I'm not interested in excuses fed up with " we need Quinn back " stop that RUBBISH we are in a WAR ZONE and need players who are telling JR. " boss I'm fit and ready to play " WITH BAYONETS FITTED . not " HANDBAGS AT 10 PACES " like JACK BAIRD ! 

Jack Baird was stupid yesterday.

No doubt about it.

And he should get a hard time for it in private from his boss and team -mates.

Gordon Scott

His judgement is now being tested.

Only time will tell but he had/has the backing of fans who have put their money where their mouths are.

(I am not one of them as yet)

I do agree on the Injury Front

But

We knew that Quinn, McKenzie and Webster have a history of lengthy injuries.

Question

Did Jack Ross sign them?

Answer now.

Question

Did we expect to win at least a game or two after Jack Ross came?

Answer a definite yes.

Question

What to do as a fan?

Answer

As many opinions as there are fans but basically.

Hang tough or bale out.

Its your choice and mine.

But

If we are shoutng that fans need to toughen up and get on with it then so should we!

IMHO

55 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'd say they were the certainly smarter. Imagine being so stupid as to pay as much as St Mirren charge right now for the quality of product on offer. 

And that's why you say customer and I say fan or supporter .

1 hour ago, munoz said:

And that's why you say customer and I say fan or supporter .

Cause you are more stupid or more gullible? Notice the question mark so Ricky knows I'm not being abusive.... :rolleyes:

I've come to the conclusion over the years I've enjoyed my football that clubs don't treat their fans very well. The reason is simple, they know how to abuse that emotional attachment. If people who called themselves fans started to behave like the would when purchasing any other product from any other service provider it would without doubt mean football clubs would have to be much better run, far more efficient, and most likely offer a far greater match day experience at a far more palatable price. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I'd say they were the certainly smarter. Imagine being so stupid as to pay as much as St Mirren charge right now for the quality of product on offer. 

Well we all know you're thick as pigshit, so I'm assuming you've been to many a St. Mirren game this season

2 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Well we all know you're thick as pigshit, so I'm assuming you've been to many a St. Mirren game this season

Yep, been to quite a few unfortunately. You'll get no argument from me that it's the act of a very stupid customer. However I'm learning fast. After watching some of the ridiculous surrenders that St Mirren have put in this season I may not be back for a very long time. 

11 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yep, been to quite a few unfortunately. You'll get no argument from me that it's the act of a very stupid customer. However I'm learning fast. After watching some of the ridiculous surrenders that St Mirren have put in this season I may not be back for a very long time. 

Does that include the Forum?

Edited by sally02

17 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Gordon Scott should never have sacked Rae until end of season . Rae kept us up last year and would have done so this year . Then and only then bring in JR. but the timining was all wrong . If we go down Scott has to take responsibility and resign . 

Having sat through the dross on show from Rae's team at the start of the season I see no evidence that he would have kept us up! The team has improved under Jack Ross and I believe results will come.

I'm sorry but I don't really get the "I'm not going back" brigade.

Your either a supporter or your not a supporter. If you can't go every week due to work, family commitments or finance, then that's understandable.

But to choose not to go, until we win a couple of matches, I don't get that.

Now is the time to show some support, even if we are shite.

Having sat through the dross on show from Rae's team at the start of the season I see no evidence that he would have kept us up! The team has improved under Jack Ross and I believe results will come.

6 league games each

Rae Draw 3 Lost 3

Ross Lost 6

I'd settle for not losing 50% of the games just now , it's points on the board that matter , no points for self esteem.