Cut Jack some Slack

Attention has focused on the new boys on the block as it were - Morgan. McAllister, McGuiness and of course Mallan. 

Let's not forget that Jack Baird is still a young guy playing in a very demanding position.  Fans were great at Falkirk but gave the young guy pelters at times for just clearing his lines.  

Let's support of our young players including Jack and not forgetting Naismith. 

37 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's not forget that Jack Baird is still a young guy playing in a very demanding position.

Aren't all positons meant to be demanding ? And how can he be described as be playing in that position when he is back in the dressing room before half-time ?

His mind-numbing stupidity probably cost us 3 vital points yesterday.

He has been gash in several games this season, has been guilty of making embarrassing mistakes in matches that have cost us 'match-losing' goals, and that's why he has found himself as nothing more than a fringe player in a poor team.

He has had his chances, thanks and cheerio IMO.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Aren't all positons meant to be demanding ? And how can he be described as be playing in that position when he is back in the dressing room before half-time ?

His mind-numbing stupidity probably cost us 3 vital points yesterday.

He has been gash in several games this season, has been guilty of making embarrassing mistakes in matches that have cost us 'match-losing' goals, and that's why he has found himself as nothing more than a fringe player in a poor team.

He has had his chances, thanks and cheerio IMO.

A bit harsh in my opinion Wilbur.

I do think he was stupid in what he did on saturday.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Attention has focused on the new boys on the block as it were - Morgan. McAllister, McGuiness and of course Mallan. 

Let's not forget that Jack Baird is still a young guy playing in a very demanding position.  Fans were great at Falkirk but gave the young guy pelters at times for just clearing his lines.  

Let's support of our young players including Jack and not forgetting Naismith. 

RUBBISH , he's supposed to be a full time player . Your completely wrong he not got a leg to stand on . IVE supported him in his errors before but what he done was a complete disgrace . It looks like there is a lack of discipline . And I suppose you think that Scott was correct sacking Rae when he did ? Do you this Baird would have done what he done and faced up to Rae at half time ! Cause I don't think he would have  . Rae would have sorted him out big time . 

8 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

RUBBISH , he's supposed to be a full time player . Your completely wrong he not got a leg to stand on . IVE supported him in his errors before but what he done was a complete disgrace . It looks like there is a lack of discipline . And I suppose you think that Scott was correct sacking Rae when he did ? Do you this Baird would have done what he done and faced up to Rae at half time ! Cause I don't think he would have  . Rae would have sorted him out big time . 

Really? How come he couldn't sort HIS team out when he was here then?

2 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

I also think he acted stupidly - like a spoiled child, taking his frustration out on Miller - who was no saint in the incident either.

In this I agree with you 100%

I differ however in how he was treated by our own fans during the game before the incident took place.

You could see his rising frustration. 

I don't think Rae should have been sacked at least not based on results so you have me wrong there.

At present Jack Baird seems to have fallen to 3rd choice in the centre of our defence.

Both McKenzie and Gordon seem to be ahead of him and on current form, I woudn't disagree.

Only Webster seems to be behind him at present.

Who would you have played alongside McKenzie if neither Gordon or Webster was available other than Jack Baird?

As long as the players is picked to play, the best I can do is to get behind them on the park.

Once again - he was stupid.

Come on guys. No need for abuse.

Address the issue - take a different view - of course that is only fair.

But - cut out the personal abuse.

feeling vulnerable?

I fail to see any personal abuse whatsoever. Sarcasm aye... but if you deem that personal abuse then maybe a football forum is not the best place for you to interact with people who may disagree in a manner that you disagree with.

In general, I love your positivity... but that post I find quite bizarre tbh. (not meant as personal abuse)

39 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

feeling vulnerable?

I fail to see any personal abuse whatsoever. Sarcasm aye... but if you deem that personal abuse then maybe a football forum is not the best place for you to interact with people who may disagree in a manner that you disagree with.

In general, I love your positivity... but that post I find quite bizarre tbh. (not meant as personal abuse)

Vulnerable - personally not.

Sarcasm is they say the lowest form of wit

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Maybe so... But where was the "personal" abuse?

I wasn't referring to myself but to some of the responses given by some of those on the site who seem to take an alternative view as some sort of personal slight.  All opinions are welcome however but all I ask is that people argue the topic in a thread not the personalities of those contributing. 

37 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

think we should get right behind all our young player including Jack. wasn't long ago he had a fantastic MOM performance against Hibs in the cup. getting on young players backs is not gonna help anyone.

I am certainly in your camp. Young players for does vary. Doesn't make them a list cause to be chucked in the bin like a used paper hankie. These are real, live human beings with feelings and lives to live  and maybe with luck. .some dreams to fulfill. 

2 hours ago, Port Saint said:

Really? How come he couldn't sort HIS team out when he was here then?

Sorry if IVE not made my point correctly . Jack Ross just because he played for us does not give him the right to be a good manager ! Now I happen to think that he will prove to be a very very good manager for us . My point is that last year Rae actually done a good job in keeping us up and I don't think there was any doubt he'd have kept us up this year also . You can also rest assured that Jack Baird would not have done what he done yesterday without there being a massive consequence in his direction .

so all clear up to here ? It's a fact that the situation is that we'd just love to stay in The Championship AT THIS MOMENT . Rae I honestly don't think would have played the type of game that would have came close to getting us promoted . Jack Ross does play that type of game for sure . However the timing of the " hand over " was wrong and Gordon Scott was responsible . He should have stuck with Rae And threw him out at the end of this season then replaced him with Jack as then Jack has time to get players in and at least get the players thinking his way in the Pre Season . Instead he came in when his hands were tied . Players also need time to adjust again at the end of the season was perfect to bag Rae . IVE absouloutly no problem seeing Rae go . I understand that his type of game was not entertaining to say the least BUT he would have kept us up as he did last year . 

As for Jack Baird , players have responsibilities and he's Kicked his manager and teammates and fans in the groin . It was completely inexcusable and surely there must have been harsh words from his own teammates yesterday cause if there was not then it just shows that there ain't any characters in the dressing room and if that's the case we are down .

ive no problem you showing this Nite to Jack Ross at the AGM and I bet he completely agrees . 

We don't and shouldn't know what was done and said in the dressing room or what will be done or said at training when the players get together.

The boy was stupid, even unprofessional in what he did. The only comment I have seen attributed to Jack Ross was to say that there are more subtle ways to get revenge.  Costly. .yes. Will the boy have learned?  I sure hope so.

I am not sure that managers physically terrify young players. Their real power comes from gaining their trust and respect by being honest with them on both their flaws, mistakes., strengths and potential. A bawling out rarely helps.

Sure it worked for Gergiev and others but quiet, determined and yes ruthless decision making by managers make them or break them and their players.

At least for most but then again different strokes for different folks.

Maybe you had a boss who bawled you out in front of others and it helped you to improve enormously.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Or the goalkeeper - he's young.

and Irvine and Quinn. Both younger than me.

now who have we missed out... :unsure:

0h aye, young manager Jack Ross.

and his young assistant.

I forgot to forgive slightly older players, players in the prime of their lives and those who are over some hills of sorts.

i have nothing of interest to add. 

I am certainly in your camp. Young players for does vary. Doesn't make them a list cause to be chucked in the bin like a used paper hankie. These are real, live human beings with feelings and lives to live  and maybe with luck. .some dreams to fulfill. 

They've also come through the "Elite Academy" system where smoke gets blown up their arse on a daily basis and where their egos often get inflated beyond belief from the age of 10. 

Off topic I know but in the papers today was a story about Aberdeen player Craig Storie who apparently got involved in some altercation with a girl in a bar in Carluke because he was upset that she didn't recognise him as a "famous footballer" after he'd pinched her bum. He landed up throwing coins at the girl and her pal and after the bouncers had kicked the boy out, apparently the bouncers then had to flag down a passing police car to get the lad and his pals to move on. Now it's a bit of a nothing story beyond the fact that it really does highlight the state of mind of a lot of the kids coming through those systems. All too frequently they believe they have "made it" whilst playing for diddy clubs in the Scottish Leagues. Speak to many of the staff involved at Braidhurst High School and you'll be told loads of stories about the kind of big headed pricks - some not even signed up yet - who are going through the "School of Excellence" programme.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

They've also come through the "Elite Academy" system where smoke gets blown up their arse on a daily basis and where their egos often get inflated beyond belief from the age of 10. 

Off topic I know but in the papers today was a story about Aberdeen player Craig Storie who apparently got involved in some altercation with a girl in a bar in Carluke because he was upset that she didn't recognise him as a "famous footballer" after he'd pinched her bum. He landed up throwing coins at the girl and her pal and after the bouncers had kicked the boy out, apparently the bouncers then had to flag down a passing police car to get the lad and his pals to move on. Now it's a bit of a nothing story beyond the fact that it really does highlight the state of mind of a lot of the kids coming through those systems. All too frequently they believe they have "made it" whilst playing for diddy clubs in the Scottish Leagues. Speak to many of the staff involved at Braidhurst High School and you'll be told loads of stories about the kind of big headed pricks - some not even signed up yet - who are going through the "School of Excellence" programme.

Cannot argue with you here Stuart.

Unnaceptable 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Cannot argue with you here Stuart.

Unnaceptable 

Yeah - but the point I was making, although not very clearly, is that these "young" kids that people want to protect may well be carrying egos the size of their Dads house and the last thing they need is people telling them how wonderful they are when clearly they haven't. I don't know about you but I don't know any of these delicate wee flowers, but I've got to be consistent. If the manager thinks they are good enough to play, then surely they are big enough to have their performance reviewed honestly.  

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah - but the point I was making, although not very clearly, is that these "young" kids that people want to protect may well be carrying egos the size of their Dads house and the last thing they need is people telling them how wonderful they are when clearly they haven't. I don't know about you but I don't know any of these delicate wee flowers, but I've got to be consistent. If the manager thinks they are good enough to play, then surely they are big enough to have their performance reviewed honestly.  

:lol:lol:lol   thats a cracker :lol:lol:lol

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I wasn't referring to myself but to some of the responses given by some of those on the site who seem to take an alternative view as some sort of personal slight.  All opinions are welcome however but all I ask is that people argue the topic in a thread not the personalities of those contributing. 

There were only three posts before yours, none of which contained any abuse of a personal nor non-personal nature!

Not really sure what your beef is here tbh St. Genuinely baffled!

I have long campaigned for an amnesty on abuse against any player wearing the jersey and supporting young players in particular.

Still failing to see the abuse you are referring to though.