Did Lee Miller Bite Jack Baird ?

shull

4 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I agree, even if he did there's not enough evidence to prove it and it wouldn't excuse Baird hitting him so what's the point. 

The point would be to expose a sickening act of thuggery, or indeed to prove a player's innocence. Just 'leaving it' condones both the thuggery and/or leaving professional footballers to play under a cloud of suspicion. The alleged incident has been leaked by the club, lets see our man backed or dealt with accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The point would be to expose a sickening act of thuggery, or indeed to prove a player's innocence. Just 'leaving it' condones both the thuggery and/or leaving professional footballers to play under a cloud of suspicion. The alleged incident has been leaked by the club, lets see our man backed or dealt with accordingly.

As I said, if he did bite him.. it doesn't make Baird innocent, 2 wrongs don't make a right. If there is evidence to prove that Miller bit him then let the SFA deal with it it's not our problem we have a lot more to worry about at the moment.

Ive said on the match day thread, if Baird has retaliated because Miller bit him , the club should get behind the player , back him up and expose Millers disgusting and deplorable act. 

I am not for one minute excusing Jack Baird, what he did was wrong and he should be punished but what Miller is alleged to have done it a lot worse & he should be brought before the beaks to answer the allegations, if nothing else it might make him think about his actions and prevent it happening again.

There is no place for this sort of behaviour in Football. 

8 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

As I said, if he did bite him.. it doesn't make Baird innocent, 2 wrongs don't make a right. If there is evidence to prove that Miller bit him then let the SFA deal with it it's not our problem we have a lot more to worry about at the moment.

This could only come to light if either tv footage was available for review or one of the officials spotted it.

Or - if the club appealed the red card and perhaps got the red card reduced to a yellow.

13 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Yeah like Baird getting himself banned when we are in the Gary Glitter!

of course he should be banned, but the club leaked the story that Miller bit him, they need to back that up, or come clean.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah like Baird getting himself banned when we are in the Gary Glitter!

of course he should be banned, but the club leaked the story that Miller bit him, they need to back that up, or come clean.

Admittedly I've not seen or heard all the reports and unfortunately was unable to attend on Saturday to see it first hand............could you point me in the direction of the leaked story as I'd like to read/hear the clubs side of it.

Thanks in advance

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have the club said anything, I haven't seen anything on the OS? I thought the allegation came via div on this site.

The pictures don't provide anything conclusive to back Baird's version. I can see both sides of the argument but I don't see what is to be gained by going public although I presume the club will back him in private.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Have the club said anything, I haven't seen anything on the OS? I thought the allegation came via div on this site.

The pictures don't provide anything conclusive to back Baird's version. I can see both sides of the argument but I don't see what is to be gained by going public although I presume the club will back him in private.

First appeared on the BAWA twitter feed. Not the OS or the Club feed.  Where that info came from is anyone's guess, more likely to be a player speaking "off the record" I would think.

24 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ive said on the match day thread, if Baird has retaliated because Miller bit him , the club should get behind the player , back him up and expose Millers disgusting and deplorable act. 

I am not for one minute excusing Jack Baird, what he did was wrong and he should be punished but what Miller is alleged to have done it a lot worse & he should be brought before the beaks to answer the allegations, if nothing else it might make him think about his actions and prevent it happening again.

There is no place for this sort of behaviour in Football. 

There does not seem to be any evidence TV or still. So what are we going to do play a public accusation table tennis game. Not good in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There does not seem to be any evidence TV or still. So what are we going to do play a public accusation table tennis game. Not good in my opinion 

I understand where you are coming from, but it isn't that long ago that our club were on the recieveing end with opossing managers, players and media pundits casting aspersions about Jim Goodwin even when there was no evidence ( I do accept though he didn't help himself on occasions !! ) 

I'm not suggesting some witch hunt against Miller on the back of an allegation, but IF it has happened and we believe Baird version of events,simply coming out and giving the player some backing would be a positive move. 

I suppose we will simply have to wait and see what transpires. If it is simply one players word against the other? difficult . 

The club can't prove it, but yes in my opinion Lee Miller did bite Jack Baird.

You can see the initial coming together here in this picture, Miller has a hold of Jack's right arm and *appears* as if he could be biting him. It's impossible to tell from a still picture, but let's for a minute assume that yes he is biting him in this picture. That is the lower part of Jacks right arm that would be showing some evidence of a bite.

baird-1.JPG

Fast forward a few seconds to this picture. Look closely at the same area of Jacks right arm. You can clearly see blood seeping through at exactly the same place that the bite would have happened *if* Miller had bitten him in the above picture. An amazing co-incidence that there is blood there eh!

baird.JPG

If the club believe that is sufficient evidence then they should forward it onto the SFA privately but personally I think it's a distraction we don't need and shouldn't be kicking up a stink about it. It's a scummy thing to do but Baird needs to have some sense and not react, he's possibly cost us 3 vital points. If Miller ends up getting banned it doesn't help us, it's not going to stop Baird's reaction being a red card offence.

Unless this incident can reverse the red card which i doubt would imagine Ross will have been on the phone to the Falkirk manager saying im not making this public and explain the incident. That would be the professional way to handle it. Some might not agree i would hope Falkirk would speak to their man. 

IF he has been bitten to the degree that blood has been drawn , then without a shadow of a doubt there will be significant bruising and perhaps still a bite mark in that area. 

IF this is the case , I would expect there to be a formal statement and pictures to back up the claim and expose Miller as a scumbag. 

IF there is no mark and no Bruise there will be no complaint or justification for Jacks actions.

Just a footnote, There are Falkirk fans on their site who are saying there has been a bite from Miller, while the Falkirk fans on P&B are saying the blood came from Millers nose.

From the pictures I think it certainly looks like a bite took place. The problem is that even if we pushed for action to be taken it would be against Falkirk. I doubt that Jack Baird's red card would be rescinded as his reaction would still merit it.

3 minutes ago, scam said:

From the pictures I think it certainly looks like a bite took place. The problem is that even if we pushed for action to be taken it would be against Falkirk. I doubt that Jack Baird's red card would be rescinded as his reaction would still merit it.

I wouldn't expect Baird red to be rescinded. He retaliated , he was wrong and he deserves to be punished.

However ,IF Miller did bite, he should be called to answer for his actions , if guilty he should serve a long ban . This sort of behaviour has no place in football.

Think we should draw a line under this

Jack deserved his red and it obviously won't be over turned. Did Miller bite him? Maybe, probably.

However the ref missed it. The only possible outcome could be a retrospective ban for Miller. That only benefits Falkirk's future opponents (which include our relegation rivals) and not us.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I wouldn't expect Baird red to be rescinded. He retaliated , he was wrong and he deserves to be punished.

However ,IF Miller did bite, he should be called to answer for his actions , if guilty he should serve a long ban . This sort of behaviour has no place in football.

I would be delighted if Miller gets a long ban. If the club were going to push on with it I would expect we would have heard something by now, or at least at some point today. What did Suarez get for biting? 4 months?