This is what I'd expect a community club to do.

2 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I'm sure this has been a long time in the planning. Maybe our board might do something like this next year.

But as usual the wanker who likes to cane the club at every opportunity does so again.

What was to prevent anything being done, however small the scale, this year?

I wouldn't imagine something like this would have taken more than a few months?

I agree Stuart is keen to "cane our club" at times but to simply dismiss this as out of the question is equally as guilty as defending the current board at every opportunity. 

And you're the other one that argues for the sake of arguing.

Did you think of it? Did anyone else put forward the idea to the club?

If club did announce something like this they would be accused of taking their focus off the team performances etc.

The club can't think of everything and are only in the door five minutes.

1 minute ago, El Gingero said:

If club did announce something like this they would be accused of taking their focus off the team performances etc.

Nice answer........................:lol:

:byebye

Remember everyone, we can't give Hibs credit without utterly slating our own club. That would never do.

I am sure the board will be looking at things like this, and other initiatives taken on by other clubs, and looking at what we as a club can do. We can suggest that this might have been something we could have been looking at without the need for the vitriol some appear to have already for the new board.

48 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Jesus, you aren't half having a bad week. Why so defensive? 

I offered my assistance to SMiSA back in August regarding community projects and I've still got the PM's and the e-mails from Barry Mitchell, Colin Orr and John White at the time. Barry and Colin both made the point that they were a bit busy but that they would get back to me on it and we'd have a chat. 4 months on I'm still waiting. 

I've known about some of the community projects Hibs have been getting involved in for a while now - some of them extremely impressive. My girlfriend used to work for the Action Group - a which is based at Easter Road and she is close friends with one of the community staff at Hibs. She was also involved in putting forward some of the names of people who would benefit from schemes and programmes similar to this one. 

Here's another great programme that's being done at Motherwell. A brilliant idea for dementia suffers and their families. 

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/11/23/dementia-programme-takes-next-step/

There's loads more. I've got my ideas that I'm keen to share with anyone who'll listen. I'm sure I'm not the only one with ideas too. I met with people from another Scottish club yesterday to discuss some ideas I have which were taken on board. Whether they'll get off the ground or not is up to them but at least they listened. I think that's a major part of the problem at St Mirren though. It's not just me who is being frustrated by the lack of progress across a number of areas as you well know. And when SMiSA and the club appears to be so clique driven it's hard to see much progress ever being made.  

Edited by Stuart Dickson

43 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Remember everyone, we can't give Hibs credit without utterly slating our own club. That would never do.

I am sure the board will be looking at things like this, and other initiatives taken on by other clubs, and looking at what we as a club can do. We can suggest that this might have been something we could have been looking at without the need for the vitriol some appear to have already for the new board.

I don't think the board are. In his last statement Gordon Scott himself said that community projects were going to have to take a back burner for the time being. Crazy stuff, especially if he's really trying to boost the turnover at the club to over £5m as he claimed when he first came in. 

1 hour ago, El Gingero said:

I'm sure this has been a long time in the planning. Maybe our board might do something like this next year.

But as usual the wanker who likes to cane the club at every opportunity does so again.

The Club deserve to be caned. 

So much shite from our beloved Club over the years from all in charge. 

Shameful. 

And no need to be abusive to him. Just make yir point and move on. 

Shameful also. 

Edited by shull

The Club deserve to be caned. 

So much shite from our beloved Club over the years from all in charge. 

Shameful. 

And no need to be abusive to him. Just make yir point and move on. 

Shameful also. 

What's shameful is the pish that you spout on a daily basis.

It's got nothing to do with you the abuse I give him. He's the guy who I gave more time than most do on here. I spoke with him privately on a few matters and connected on another social network with him. So wether him and I ride off into the sunset is another matter.

At least he's still paying his SMISA fees.

Malatso Coffee Shop on the High St are doing a Xmas dinner for the Homeless and for those who will be alone on Xmas day.This is their 2nd year of hosting it.

Maybe SMFC could make a donation to the day.

Edited by HSS

1 minute ago, El Gingero said:

It's got nothing to do with you the abuse I give him. He's the guy who I gave more time than most do on here. I spoke with him privately on a few matters and connected on another social network with him. So wether him and I ride off into the sunset is another matter.

Yes you have given me more time than most on here. As I said yesterday I've got no problem with you - but I am a bit puzzled as to where you are coming from, especially on this thread. I think most people know that I've been trying to get the club to listen to me regarding a load of stuff regarding community programmes, it's even been a source of some amusement to some like Oaksoft who it seems to enjoy telling me over and over again that I am being ignored by everyone on here..... :rolleyes: 

20 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

It's a general public Forum and I can say what I like, within reason. 

Why should I give any more of my hard earned money to a f**ked Club? 

I pay enough for admission and for other related things. 

I am already a shareholder, therefore already own a very small part of St Mirren. 

Giving Gilmour and Co money for this near dead Club is the crime of the Century. 

My money is mine and I will spend it how I wish. 

It's a general public Forum and I can say what I like, within reason. 

Why should I give any more of my hard earned money to a f**ked Club? 

I pay enough for admission and for other related things. 

I am already a shareholder, therefore already own a very small part of St Mirren. 

Giving Gilmour and Co money for this near dead Club is the crime of the Century. 

My money is mine and I will spend it how I wish. 

Buy me a pie at the next home game?

Just now, El Gingero said:

I'm struggling to see the point of your post but welcome to the banter.

You were moaning at The Shullster for not putting money into the Club and I thought him buying you a pie was your way of sorting that.

Banter is usually funny......you're not.