Seat plaque removal-why

I noticed on the official site that the club are going to remove the plaque i paid for in 2013 from my seat.Now i know the plaque is fading and worn.What i don't have any recollection of is the statement "these were only meant to be for one season" nobody told me that when i bought one.Why after one of the most memorable nights in recent years have you decided to piss me off.I was on a high,now you've just ruined it.

I do remember that I expected to renew the plaque every season for a fee, but I was never asked and the original plaque is still there.

I would prefer it to stay, but I'm happy to take my plaque and let someone, unknown to me at present, great great great great grand wean find it and ask what's it about.

Just now, E=Mc2 said:

I do remember that I expected to renew the plaque every season for a fee, but I was never asked and the original plaque is still there.

I would prefer it to stay, but I'm happy to take my plaque and let someone, unknown to me at present, great great great great grand wean find it and ask what's it about.

You may well be happy for that to happen.But again it's another "don't tell them" decision.Would it not have been better to ask first? There is hardly anyone from the previous regime left who can state "they were only intended to be there for one season" So what unfeeling person decided they have to be removed ? what harm are they causing ? are they going to try and sell me another plaque next season ?

You and i both agree that we would prefer them to stay,so why not leave well alone.

I have contacted the club and will let you know of the outcome,although if it's not a satisfactory reply,i will not be purchasing another season ticket.

Who in hell thought of this idea ?

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Yet another strange decision from the board which is going to alienate yet more fans. Isn't the OP a SMISA member? I would guess you aren't the only one who's extremely disappointed by this.

Perhaps get the fans rep to give you an explanation.

Not only a SMiSA member,i give my time to attend meetings every Monday night,have promoted the buy out on many occasions,blah blah blah.You bet your bottom pound,the club better have a good answer for this strange decision.Why waste time and money on something like this.

Edited by buddiecat
Unclear

Now the seats are all clean now maybe they make the place untidy.

this will have come from GS who wants SMiSA to paint the place as well .

All part of restoring the stadium as it was when he was in charge of its construction.

oh and he forgot at that time to construct anything for the disabled, but he got SMiSA to sort out that mistake.

Sorry chaps,but i'm not usually in a negative mode regarding our new regime,and i abhor the fact that i have attracted "likes" from normally negative posters.

But for goodness sake SMFC learn some lessons from the previous outcome of poor relations/contact with those affected by your decisions.Just tell us beforehand instead of making a general announcement,ask us what we think about things.WE are the customers remember.

Edited by buddiecat
anger

36 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

All part of restoring the stadium as it was when he was in charge of its construction.

oh and he forgot at that time to construct anything for the disabled, but he got SMiSA to sort out that mistake.

You are on a general "i hate GS" campaign Buddie.I personally don't think he proposed this action,pretty sure i know who did and fairly confident it will be followed by "buy a new plaque for your seat"

"Down with this sort of thing" as the late great Father Ted once said.

Edited by buddiecat
edit

19 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

how do you know he wants Smisa to paint the place as well ?

8 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

There things are glued on , surely it will leave a mark on the seat when you remove it!!

No,you can remove it with several solvent based cleaning products.It's just why remove them in the first place ? i just don't get the reasoning behind that.It will take someones time and effort to do something which really doesn't need done.