Seat plaque removal-why

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes its only a £15 plaque.

yes its just the club yet again finding another cack-handed way of upsetting people unnecessarily.

whilst most of us agree the club should be doing everything possible to increase existing or create new revenue schemes, lets just see how many of are targeted at people that are not already buying ST/Match tickets, Smisa Members, 1877 club members, etc...

when there is a whole community out there who could be part of their and our re-generation.

The only problem is they rather support the scum firm.

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

I pay for a season ticket, £12/month to SMISA and I'm not a grumpy bastard threatening to give up his season ticket over a 3 year old £15 plaque :booty

Aye your probably right, judge away. Who needs these people giving up their own time to try and make our club a better, more inclusive part of the community anyway?

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye your probably right, judge away. Who needs these people giving up their own time to try and make our club a better, more inclusive part of the community anyway?

Away and have a look at yourself.

The majority see this as a massive over reaction.

Sure your brother puts his heart and soul into the club, nobody is denying that, but this is a massive joke.

PS This could be the biggest "I've made an arse of myself" thread since some joker wanted a Killie player done for child abuse for celebrating a goal in front of a ball boy. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

I think the issue may be seats that have a plaque that are no longer held by the original season ticket holder but still look reserved. There are several around me like that. Originally the plaque was for 1 season but with them still being in place many years later is causing some confusion.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I think the issue may be seats that have a plaque that are no longer held by the original season ticket holder but still look reserved. There are several around me like that. Originally the plaque was for 1 season but with them still being in place many years later is causing some confusion.

Exactly this.

I stuck a piece of chewing gum to the back of a chair last season. It's been removed now.

I'll not be back. 

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

That may well be the case and it would make perfect sense if that was the reason, maybe club could have been a bit clearer in the article where they said this was happening.

All about communication. We are better at it than before but still got plenty room for improvement!

People are completely missing the point.Yes i used a sledgehammer in an attempt to crack a nut,that's just my way of getting debate going or putting my point across and doing what i can to make it heard.If i just made a wee grumble about it,nobody would take notice.

Gordon Scott has provided us with an opportunity to take control of our club and i am grateful for that,he and his board are working all hours to get things sorted around the place,on and off field,i appreciate that commitment and will add that in my opinion they are doing a good job.

The manner of how this was relayed to supporters is what is at fault in my opinion,and they have to think before making decisions that affect their own supporters.

I could make up a sob story about how some people may be affected by decisions which have not been explained to them and not being asked their opinion,but i won't do that.What i  will point out is that someone who does not log on to the official site,for whatever reason,will not be aware of things that may affect their situation or feelings.The board do not know the circumstances surrounding the purchase of those plaques,maybe a gift from someone no longer with them (oops sob story alert) and they will not know why their plaque has gone,and may even not go and ask why,you just don't know their circumstances unless you know them personally.

The plaques may seem insignificant to the majority on here,fair enough,the plaque is just an example i have used to ask for better communication,if it makes people think before going ahead with other ideas then that's a good thing.If we don't speak up about the small things,we leave ourselves open to similar decisions on more important things.But never forget,those small things like plaques,may mean something to the owners of them.

13 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

People are completely missing the point.Yes i used a sledgehammer in an attempt to crack a nut,that's just my way of getting debate going or putting my point across and doing what i can to make it heard.If i just made a wee grumble about it,nobody would take notice.

Gordon Scott has provided us with an opportunity to take control of our club and i am grateful for that,he and his board are working all hours to get things sorted around the place,on and off field,i appreciate that commitment and will add that in my opinion they are doing a good job.

The manner of how this was relayed to supporters is what is at fault in my opinion,and they have to think before making decisions that affect their own supporters.

I could make up a sob story about how some people may be affected by decisions which have not been explained to them and not being asked their opinion,but i won't do that.What i  will point out is that someone who does not log on to the official site,for whatever reason,will not be aware of things that may affect their situation or feelings.The board do not know the circumstances surrounding the purchase of those plaques,maybe a gift from someone no longer with them (oops sob story alert) and they will not know why their plaque has gone,and may even not go and ask why,you just don't know their circumstances unless you know them personally.

The plaques may seem insignificant to the majority on here,fair enough,the plaque is just an example i have used to ask for better communication,if it makes people think before going ahead with other ideas then that's a good thing.If we don't speak up about the small things,we leave ourselves open to similar decisions on more important things.But never forget,those small things like plaques,may mean something to the owners of them.

Most wouldn't disagree with your sentiment but the "threat" to stop buying a  season ticket really made your point rather over the top IMO.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

So you've contacted the club and are awaiting a response? I would have given them a chance to respond before making such a big deal. Apologies if I've missed something as haven't read the entire thread.

Actually the instigator (the club) if it wants not only to be seen as, but to really involve the people who hold 29 - ??% of the club, could have communicated this as "we would like to do x in the coming weeks, because that allows us to do y, any ideas/comments to this email address"

that is involving the people who are funding the club, not issuing dictats 

11 minutes ago, Soctty said:

So you've contacted the club and are awaiting a response? I would have given them a chance to respond before making such a big deal. Apologies if I've missed something as haven't read the entire thread.

My view on that is,i may well have been given an answer to the situation if i contacted the club alone,i done both at the same time,but it's not just about plaques it's about future communication,and other people affected by the decision may not have any knowledge of it until it has been done and they may or may not be too bothered about it.I have also suggested a solution to the situation,and will leave it at that until i get a reply.

I will also add that i see it as part of my role on the SMiSA board to speak up if i think supporters of the club need to be consulted over decisions.

Edited by buddiecat
Further explanation

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

My view on that is,i may well have been given an answer to the situation if i contacted the club alone,i done both at the same time,but it's not just about plaques it's about future communication,and other people affected by the decision may not have any knowledge of it until it has been done and they may or may not be too bothered about it.I have also suggested a solution to the situation,and will leave it at that until i get a reply.

I will also add that i see it as part of my role on the SMiSA board to speak up if i think supporters of the club need to be consulted over decisions.

Fair enough. It does seem like a mountain out of a molehill for me, and as such it may prove counterproductive posting it on here. If it is about a wider problem regarding communication, I would have suggested making that the point, rather than the plaque.

Hope you receive a satisfactory response from the club, and also that they take note of however many people share your concerns. I am not one of those who share that concern, but hope the club improves its communication to prevent individuals being upset

29 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

This all just shows the regard our new owner holds the support in and why it was a daft idea to be taken in by his scheme

Has he picked his SMISA board member yet?  Did I blink and miss that?

The taking down of discoloured and tatty plaques shows disregard for the support?

Why are people so keen to wet their knickers over stuff. Buddiecat has a concern about the lack of communication, which he has voiced. Quite why you want to use this as a symbol of our evil owner's plan for world domination I don't know...

Edited by Soctty

A complete disregard of fans would be to remove the 3 year old scabby plaques and chuck them in the bin.

The club did not do that , they have informed fans of the removal via the official site and will hold them for almost a month ensuring that those who want them back can make arrangements to do so.

It will be interesting to see how many are reclaimed .