Where is our season heading now?

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Quite remarkable levels of delusion on this site, and from some normally sensible posters too.

Must be something in the water ?

There's been a case of mass hysteria that Ross was our saviour.

Had doubts since the decision to make him our manager was made, but still had hope.

As I state on a regular basis I prefer some facts/stats to back up any real belief that we can haul ourselves out of this disastrous position.

Some seem to forget that there are other teams who are also fighting for their survival and they will be doing everything they can to stay up.

Yeah, we can possibly win a few games but these other teams are showing they can probably win more.

Nothing is impossible and we can survive but I'm getting less convinced week by week that the "oh we will be ok" idea is going to be a reality.

Had doubts since the decision to make him our manager was made, but still had hope.
As I state on a regular basis I prefer some facts/stats to back up any real belief that we can haul ourselves out of this disastrous position.
Some seem to forget that there are other teams who are also fighting for their survival and they will be doing everything they can to stay up.
Yeah, we can possibly win a few games but these other teams are showing they can probably win more.
Nothing is impossible and we can survive but I'm getting less convinced week by week that the "oh we will be ok" idea is going to be a reality.

Read back the start of this thread. There's some posters there quite genuinely discussing our chances of promotion this season. This is because we won two games in a row.

Nothing is impossible indeed. Maybe we will win every game between now and May and maybe we will get promoted. Probably won't though, probably going to finish 10th, where we've been for nearly the whole season.

It's heading towards relegation.  Let's look at this realistically.  We have a team of players who lose most weeks (2wins in league football all season)  and we are going to need to replicate the second half of last year when Alex rae managed somehow to gather 27 of our 41 points. Jack Ross is definitely turning the style around however his appointment did not lead to a bounce of any kind and we have dropped points against two teams with ten men in last fortnight both at home. It's hard to see.us funding four quality players in January but that's exactly what's required.  We have a losing mentality as a club and I'm afraid that unless we change that instantly I believe we will go down

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, faraway saint said:

Really?

If you look over the posts, most people were happy with Ross' appointment, given the limited number of realistic candidates we were looking at.

There have quite rightly been a lot of positive posts, showing backing for a young, forward thinking manager.

A considerable number of supporters, whilst supporting Ross, have expressed doubt about his lack of experience, but are willing to give him a chance, especially since, on the whole, they've seen an improvement in the team, albeit we aren't getting the results we need.

Not seeing much hysteria here.

As time has progressed, supporters in touch with reality, have had the ability to support Ross, but also to criticise his mistakes. They can also see that although he hasn't improved our league position, that it's going to take a bit longer than we hoped to recover from the dreadful league position and shambles of a squad, that were down to the previous management team. Many supporters of Ross have also stated that he should be judged on who he brings in and if they result in a significant upturn in our fortunes.Certainly, I won't be slow to pass judgement, positively or negatively, as although we've got a limited budget, it is glaringly obvious where we need strengthened, and targets should be identified for these positions.

Again, not seeing any hysteria.

Of course there are a few unremittingly positive supporters, but on the other side of the coin you've got those who continue to post repeatedly with astounding child like frenzied petulance,  because they spectacularly spat the dummy as they either didn't get the appointment of Gus "The Messiah" MacPherson or "thought" that Rae was only given six games to prove himself.:lol:

Hysteria? Now were getting there, but not in supporting Ross, and thankfully not in any significant numbers.

Edited by FTOF

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Really?

If you look over the posts, most people were happy with Ross' appointment, given the limited number of realistic candidates we were looking at.

There have quite rightly been a lot of positive posts, showing backing for a young, forward thinking manager.

A considerable number of supporters, whilst supporting Ross, have expressed doubt about his lack of experience, but are willing to give him a chance, especially since, on the whole, they've seen an improvement in the team, albeit we aren't getting the results we need.

Not seeing much hysteria here.

As time has progressed, supporters in touch with reality, have had the ability to support Ross, but also to criticise his mistakes. They can also see that although he hasn't improved our league position, that it's not going to take a bit longer than we hoped to recover from the dreadful league position and shambles of a squad, that were down to the previous management team. Many supporters of Ross have also stated that he should be judged on who he brings in and if they result in a significant upturn in our fortunes.Certainly, I won't be slow to pass judgement, positively or negatively, as although we've got a limited budget, it is glaringly obvious where we need strengthened, and targets should be identified for these positions.

Again, not seeing any hysteria.

Of course there are a few unremittingly positive supporters, but on the other side of the coin you've got those who continue to post repeatedly with astounding child like frenzied petulance,  because they spectacularly spat the dummy as they either didn't get the appointment of Gus "The Messiah" MacPherson or "thought" that Rae was only given six games to prove himself.:lol:

Hysteria? Now were getting there, but not in supporting Ross, and thankfully not in any significant numbers.

Maybe "hysteria" was the wrong word but he has had support that no other manager has had for many years.

Their has been a fraction of the criticism that our previous managers have had and that's while we languish at the foot of the table. 

Meanwhile we're sinking faster than a stone.

Our situation is serious and we needed experience IMO.

I'm well aware there's been a couple of "supporters" who have been on his case since day one but on the other side there are others who can see little wrong.

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe "hysteria" was the wrong word but he has had support that no other manager has had for many years.

Their has been a fraction of the criticism that our previous managers have had and that's while we languish at the foot of the table. 

I'm well aware there's been a couple of "supporters" who have been on his case since day one but on the other side there are others who can see little wrong.

Because Ross will get us out of this terrible position is that a fact ? Of course not its a opinion based on seeing improvements in our play , out with the second half performance against Morton which was disappointing caused by circumstances out with the manager's control. Yes the subs could have been better. However this is the reason why we need the right players brought in. Ross took a gamble bringing in youth which has paid off I am of the opinion we will survive. That might be a play off position one we will win. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Because Ross will get us out of this terrible position is that a fact ? Of course not its a opinion based on seeing improvements in our play , out with the second half performance against Morton which was disappointing caused by circumstances out with the manager's control. Yes the subs could have been better. However this is the reason why we need the right players brought in. Ross took a gamble bringing in youth which has paid off I am of the opinion we will survive. That might be a play off position one we will win. 

Ok, I'll take your opinion.............................oh, wait. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The reason most supporters who take a balanced view are behind him is we are playing exciting entertaining football. If you watched us playing before and after his appointment you'd possibly understand.

I didn't want him to get the job, however watching us play most weeks I think longer term he was the correct choice. 

Mass hysteria I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

The reason most supporters who take a balanced view are behind him is we are playing exciting entertaining football. If you watched us playing before and after his appointment you'd possibly understand.

I didn't want him to get the job, however watching us play most weeks I think longer term he was the correct choice. 

Mass hysteria I don't think so.

Lennon was slated for playing "exciting" football as I recall.

Anyway, we can bang this about all day.

The only thing I'm interested in is winning some games, then we can play "exciting" football, although that might be in an even shitier league than we're in just now. :(

We are playing the best football by far than I have witnessed under Rae, Murray or Craig. Ross is no magician and has the severe disadvantage that unlike the three mentioned he has had no chance to build his own squad. My hysteria this season is limited to staying up which I believe we can do.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Lennon was slated for playing "exciting" football as I recall.

Anyway, we can bang this about all day.

The only thing I'm interested in is winning some games, then we can play "exciting" football, although that might be in an even shitier league than we're in just now. :(

Lennon had the likes of Thommo, Teale, McGowan, McLean, Dummet, Carey, Goodwin, Imrie etc at his disposal. Not to mention a much healthier budget, especially after the season we won the cup. He blew on the likes Banhoken and paying off Imrie, Harkens and co. 

Ross hasn't signed anyone yet. He's brought in a couple of younger players and is making the best of what he has.

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Lennon had the likes of Thommo, Teale, McGowan, McLean, Dummet, Carey, Goodwin, Imrie etc at his disposal. Not to mention a much healthier budget, especially after the season we won the cup. He blew on the likes Banhoken and paying off Imrie, Harkens and co. 

Ross hasn't signed anyone yet. He's brought in a couple of younger players and is making the best of what he has.

He was also in a higher league. :lol:

As I said, blah blah blah, let's see what happens. :wacko:

Making the best of what he has?

You really think that 8 points from 33 is making the best of what we have? Our squad isn't great, but it's surely better than that awful points return.

I've never been slow at coming forward when i think the manager isn't up to the task, especially with the last 4 managers. With Ross i genuinely believe that he will become a great manager given time and patience on our part. I like what he has to say too, he's not naive he knows if we keep losing he'll be gone but he seems to know what way he wants the team to play and i think we're seeing some progress. It's a big month in regards to who he signs... I'm hoping for a couple players at least who can do the dirtier side of the game and win the ball back and at least another striker. If we look back on December, yeah it could have been a lot more points but if you take it from another angle, we only lost once. A similar January should see us bridge the gap even more because history tells us that the teams at the bottom will not keep on winning. If by some miracle we all keep winning then other teams will be dragged into the mix. A wee win for Raith today would be nice:D

16 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Making the best of what he has?

You really think that 8 points from 33 is making the best of what we have? Our squad isn't great, but it's surely better than that awful points return.

Yes, what can't you understand?