Where is our season heading now?

Okay, so two wins on the bounce, still 4 points away from the team ahead of us, but with a quite possible result next week against Ayr we could be right back in the mix.

Having been hopeless and out of it, we're now bizarrely only 13 points from 4th and a playoff place - stranger things have happened?

Relegation? Promotion? Mid-table comfort? Where do we go from here?

We are 13 points behind a Premiership play off spot with over half a season still to go. We have just beaten a side who were equal 4th on points. We have a transfer window to come.

2 wins in a row and some promising kids making progress.

Alex Ferguson won only 2 of his first 12 Saints games (against East Stirling and Albion Rovers) and managed to lose 5-0 to East Stirling before the season'send.

A bit like 74/75, making the top 4 should be the target.

And on this point, I note that Davie Provan died last week....

17 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

Okay, so two wins on the bounce, still 4 points away from the team ahead of us, but with a quite possible result next week against Ayr we could be right back in the mix.

Having been hopeless and out of it, we're now bizarrely only 13 points from 4th and a playoff place - stranger things have happened?

Relegation? Promotion? Mid-table comfort? Where do we go from here?

I predict we will catch and overtake two teams currently above us, but no more than that. That in itself would be a bit of a result given where we found ourselves a fortnight ago. Just my opinion - Jack Ross has a big job on his hands. I'll settle for staying up, then hope for a better season next time out.

Getting not relegated is a tangible goal for us now. Talk of play offs where we would need something like six wins on the bounce  and all tne teams inbetween losing is not realistic. If we can consolidate and staynin this shitty league, from here... that is an achievement. Lose either of the next two games and we will still be bottom come the new year.

I think we should take it a game at a time. Win next week and we're on a run, albeit a small one. Winning breeds confidence and players start expressing themselves more.  Once we're off the bottom we target each team above us one a time and see where it gets us. I hope we can strengthen in January and take our quality up a notch, there are no outstanding teams in this league and we really should go into every game, home or away, thinking we can win.

4 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

We are 13 points behind a Premiership play off spot with over half a season still to go. We have just beaten a side who were equal 4th on points. We have a transfer window to come.

2 wins in a row and some promising kids making progress.

Alex Ferguson won only 2 of his first 12 Saints games (against East Stirling and Albion Rovers) and managed to lose 5-0 to East Stirling before the season'send.

A bit like 74/75, making the top 4 should be the target.

And on this point, I note that Davie Provan died last week....

I am making no comparisons with SAF except to say that in some respects he had it easier as he could bring in the likes of your alias Donnie McDowall almost immediately.  If JR proves as astute with his signings then we are in for exciting times.  

I have lived away from Scotland for 10 years and don't see us too often so am reliant on here (God help me ;-) ), the OS and other social media and no managers have convinced since the early Gus years from my perspective.  Earliest of very early days but I like what I see and hear from JR so far. 

Let's all calm our jets here. We're now back in the mix to NOT be a third tier side and as long as we're bottom of the league, that is still the ultimate short-term goal.

Talk of a promotion play-off is fanciful at best at this particular point. We've been horribly disadvantaged by the worst start but I think most of us accept that the season is a salvage job from here on out and credit goes to the team for having the character to show that they have the stomach for it.

I said after the Falkirk game that 7 points from the next 3 games were a must if we were to have any chance of saving our season and here we sit with 6 from 2 of them. I'd hope we'll finish this mini-run off with another win before we play Dundee Utd, which most of us will understandably write off. Following that is another 3 massive games with Morton and QotS at home, followed by a trip to Dunfermline. You'd be hoping for a minimum of another 6 points between those three matches.

Great to see more positivity on the forum. That first win was crucial, as I've said before.

Two in a row was more than I'd expected, and it's understandable to get a bit carried away. It's also right that some are tempering the enthusiasm.

Long way to go, but we now have momentum. Win on Saturday and we're suddenly one of the form teams in the league!

Important that Jack Ross channels that new found confidence and we keep the momentum building, but also that we don't allow setbacks to knock us off course.

Feels good to be smiling on Monday morning, with genuine hope that we can stay up, and possibly more.

Where our season is heading eh ?
Hmm well imo it appears that maybe JR is getting the blend right amongst the players, hell I'd even suggest they we appear to have bottomed out from our extended free fall.
I'll take it one game at a time, it's the only way to cope with St mirren. Way too badly burnt from our previous inexplicable cluster f**k ups and prolonged self inflicted lows to build any hope on long unbeaten runs etc etc. But the really good news ......it's been a few weeks since anyone mentioned USH reliability [emoji38]

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:06 PM, foxbar_bud said:

Not going to lie, despite the joy/relief at the last two wins, based on this season I would still bite your hand off for 8th.

If we could get a settled back 4 (plus keeper) and a couple new additions in January that could kick us on even more.

I would have said our back 4 were fairly settled, its just they are mince.