SMISA December Mailing

Tam M

Just received the latest SMISA mailing regarding the next £2 pot to be spent.

"There are other types of project we want to and will put before you in future – but we feel if there was ever a time to prioritise investment in the playing budget, it is now."

If the majority of members want to vote for that then fine. But it shouldn't be an option between investing in the playing squad or keeping the money. It seems that the SMISA committee are making a decision then giving us a yes/no vote on it. Instead of letting us vote on all available options.

It's been mentioned on here several times that the various spending options would be put forward to be voted for. Why are SMISA preventing us on voting for some of these projects just now? The £8k pot could allow us to purchase the disabled shelters for the corners at the time of year the weather is at its worse, something I would rather we paid for now instead of the playing squad budget or keeping the money.

If the majority still voted for the playing squad then that's fine, that's where the money should be spent, but the alternative options should be available to be voted on. It seems like SMISA are deciding what options to give us, instead of giving us all the options.

We have also loaned the club 15k to fix the USH, I have no issue with this. But it should be a decision for the members to decide. I appreciate it was a matter of urgency but could the club not have waited 24 hours? In this day and age where Mailchimp takes 5 minutes to issue a quick mailing, and most people emails are linked to their phone, we could easily have carried out a flash vote.

This doesn't sit well with me. It's not the committees place to decide what takes priority it's for the members to decide.

2 minutes ago, Tam M said:

Just received the latest SMISA mailing regarding the next £2 pot to be spent.

"There are other types of project we want to and will put before you in future – but we feel if there was ever a time to prioritise investment in the playing budget, it is now."

If the majority of members want to vote for that then fine. But it shouldn't be an option between investing in the playing squad or keeping the money. It seems that the SMISA committee are making a decision then giving us a yes/no vote on it. Instead of letting us vote on all available options.

It's been mentioned on here several times that the various spending options would be put forward to be voted for. Why are SMISA preventing us on voting for some of these projects just now? The £8k pot could allow us to purchase the disabled shelters for the corners at the time of year the weather is at its worse, something I would rather we paid for now instead of the playing squad budget or keeping the money.

If the majority still voted for the playing squad then that's fine, that's where the money should be spent, but the alternative options should be available to be voted on. It seems like SMISA are deciding what options to give us, instead of giving us all the options.

We have also loaned the club 15k to fix the USH, I have no issue with this. But it should be a decision for the members to decide. I appreciate it was a matter of urgency but could the club not have waited 24 hours? In this day and age where Mailchimp takes 5 minutes to issue a quick mailing, and most people emails are linked to their phone, we could easily have carried out a flash vote.

This doesn't sit well with me. It's not the committees place to decide what takes priority it's for the members to decide.

Agreed Tam. I've stared the thread on the main board airing much the same grievances. 

One day someone will write something positive about how our club is being run I look forward to that day.

SMiSA in my opinion have been dealt a sh*t hand with a poor manager and a poor squad of players. Not only that they have an under soil heating issue and problems at Ralston to deal with.

The new manager looks like he's coming to grips with our squad and we look to be turning the corner. Surely to God our priority must be to support our manager and stay in the league. Being relegated would be a disastrous thing for the club and supporters.

Lets stick together for a change and stop moaning about seat plaques, 1877 club etc etc and get right behind the people running our club and make sure we stay up. If we go down all the other moans and groans will pale into oblivion.

We need to get our priorities right and staying in this league needs to be the number one priority.

I voted yes, yes.

Edited by Kendo

One day someone will write something positive about how our club is being run I look forward to that day.
SMiSA in my opinion have been dealt a sh*t hand with a poor manager and a poor squad of players. Not only that they have an under soil heating issue and problems at Ralston to deal with.
 The new manager looks like he's coming to grips with our squad and we look to be turning the corner. Surely to God our priority must be to support our manager and stay in the league. Being relegated would be a disastrous thing for the club and supporters.
Lets stick together for a change and stop moaning about seat plaques, 1877 club etc etc and get right behind the people running our club and make sure we stay up. If we go down all the other moans and groans will pale into oblivion.
We need to get our priorities right and staying in this league needs to be the number one priority.
 I voted yes, yes.

It's nothing to do with how our club is run. This is about a supporters organisation who as yet don't own/run the club. If people want to support the playing budget I have no objections to that as long as all options are on the table for everyone to decide.

1 minute ago, Tam M said:

It's nothing to do with how our club is run. This is about a supporters organisation who as yet don't own/run the club. If people want to support the playing budget I have no objections to that as long as all options are on the table for everyone to decide.

I get that but we are in a crisis at this moment in time and we need to focus all our efforts in staying up. I fully understand your concerns but at this moment when all our competitors will be trying to improve in January I would like to make sure that we do everything possible to stay up.