Jason Naismith

Stockholmbud

Just now, pozbaird said:

Indeed. Sellik were just a shop window stopping off point for Fraser Forster, Victor Wanyama, Virgil Van Dyke...

My only remaining interest in Scottish football are St Mirren though, so it is painful to witness an era where we have slipped well below the likes of Ross County, Dundee, Partick, Kilmarnock.... Losing our players to bigger clubs always happened, now there's a whole new strata of club who can look down on us. Depressing that we are so low in comparison to clubs I always regarded as being our equals - Christ, we were always 'bigger and better' than many of these chunts...

Ross County = Ron McGregor - worth £500m Plus

Partick - Money from Lottey Winners

Dundee - Did the administration thing and therefore did not pay their bils but had them written off instead, hurting local businesses.

Kilmarock - The Moffat Family Money kept them going.

The New Order at present needs a sugar daddy to provide cash when needed.

But - we have chosen to do things differently.

Poza - Our Directors have been playing get our money back over the past 10 years.

It will take time to get through this - all credit to SMISA for their part in the change.

14 hours ago, Drew said:

Ross County....
FFS

Can't really blame him for going to a top flight club. Would be more annoying if they were in the same division.

Sadly we are currently behind the likes of Ross County, Hamilton and Inverness Caley Thistle in the pecking order and will be for a while yet :(

I thought he had another really good game today. I hope we can hold onto him but why would an ambitious young footballer chose to play in the third tier if he can be a SPL regular next season?

Really?

If Ross County offer us anything for him we should bite their hands off.

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

Really?

If Ross County offer us anything for him we should bite their hands off.

Fuxake, you`re a barrel of laughs aren`t you.   I too thought Jason had a great game yesterday, linked up well on the overlap and provided a real threat . He had a hard time coming back from a very serious injury but is now getting back to his best.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

He has had talks with them, wants to stay at St Mirren but depends on what's on the table. Was told by someone very close to him that's all I'm saying. Take my word for it guys.

I would imagine a lot would depend on which division we might be competing in next year. If we have a good positive january and show significant improvement he may decide to stick with us another year or two. If we go down or look certain to be heading down..... he will be offski well before the fat lady has begun to warm up !

I appreciate that he doesn't want to leave us when we're rock bottom of the league, but it would possibly not be the worst thing for us. I'd imagine he'd be one of the bigger earners in the squad, we have Gary Irvine waiting to replace him and we've already been looking at left backs. Let Naismith go and move Irvine to right back and free up some wages before bringing in a left back, rather than signing one now and have one or the other sitting on the bench. Use the wage money in to strengthen other areas of the team.

9 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I appreciate that he doesn't want to leave us when we're rock bottom of the league, but it would possibly not be the worst thing for us. I'd imagine he'd be one of the bigger earners in the squad, we have Gary Irvine waiting to replace him and we've already been looking at left backs. Let Naismith go and move Irvine to right back and free up some wages before bringing in a left back, rather than signing one now and have one or the other sitting on the bench. Use the wage money in to strengthen other areas of the team.

I'd only support this idea if there was any chance of bringing in an effective attacking left full back. Jason is starting to make effective forays forward, while Irvine seldom ventures into the final third. We need at least one full back who will overlap with his winger.

Ross County are really keen to sign him, he's already been showing round the ground plus he's been offered not bad wages plus add on's. Jason has told St Mirren he dosent want to leave the club but end of the day it's down to St Mirren. I'm also aware that another couple of clubs are interested in him. Hate to lose him because he's back on form & still young. Again been told this by someone close to him, he's keeping his options open.

12 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Ross County are really keen to sign him, he's already been showing round the ground plus he's been offered not bad wages plus add on's. Jason has told St Mirren he dosent want to leave the club but end of the day it's down to St Mirren. I'm also aware that another couple of clubs are interested in him. Hate to lose him because he's back on form & still young. Again been told this by someone close to him, he's keeping his options open.

Smart lad.

13 minutes ago, ged62 said:

FFS, don't the RC management team read this site?

10 minutes on here and they'll be withdrawing that contract offer!  B)

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I'd only support this idea if there was any chance of bringing in an effective attacking left full back. Jason is starting to make effective forays forward, while Irvine seldom ventures into the final third. We need at least one full back who will overlap with his winger.

Naismith only now getting back to top physical condition after his injury. I did point out some months ago when folk were slating his performances that he needed far longer to get his strength and fitness back, and you're spot on that he has been far more energetic in recent weeks.

Naismith is a very good product of the youth academy. His injury really took it's toll for a few months, but he seems to be getting back to his best now. 

Would be sad to see him go, and it says a lot for his character that he wants to stay and help us stay up, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he toook the step up, and if we get a decent wee wedge we could use it to bring in another couple of good players.

I know money talks at the end of the day, though I would like to think that if there were other options for Jason and he was definitely leaving, he would choose a move to England if there were suiters down there. Unless he is pursued by a better team than Ross County up here, money would be the only logical sense why he would join them.

If St Mirren, Scott and the new BOD are serious then we cant lose talent sideways, forward and upwards yes......

I see 3 players already signed by QOS who realize they are in freefall, Raith have signed 2 and crisis club Saints have 1...... who cant play Sat

Need some action BOD, time to sell ur granny time for the jersey

Still think SG should be burnt at stake:kickass