Jason Naismith

Stockholmbud

2 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

It hits home just how bad a situation we are in when we start losing players to Ross County, sad times.

You think that's bad, we're currently desperately hanging onto the shirt-tails of Dumbarton and Ayr United:lol:

Development fee is due if Jason has been offered a new contract within a certain time scale.I would be extremely upset if this has not been done.
There is absolutely no way Jason will down tools.He wants to stay and help keep us up.

Development fee is a different thing from the Compensation Fee due if a player under 24 is offered a new contract and rejects it. So long as the Club have offered him a new contract then Club will be due something but this has to be mutually agreed by the Clubs or will goto tribuneral. IIRC.

Development fee is a different thing.

Just now, Dalrybud said:

Rather than being disrespectful of clubs like County and ICT, we should be looking at how they have managed their respective rise up through Scottish football to determine what they are doing right and why we seem to get it so badly wrong.

Well, in terms of County, I think Roy McGregor's wallet might have had a bearing....

1 hour ago, Dalrybud said:

Rather than being disrespectful of clubs like County and ICT, we should be looking at how they have managed their respective rise up through Scottish football to determine what they are doing right and why we seem to get it so badly wrong.

Both clubs have managed some fabled top 6 finishes which have eluded St Mirren in our time in the SPL and also won bational cups like we did as well.

39 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Must be a fee, the boy is still under contract!

I see Sean Kelly is holding down a place in League 1 with Wimbeldon.  This comes as a surprise as I had always thought of him to be pish.

Has happend quite a lot. Saints fans say he is pish only for the player to go on to better things. We are but a small club in a big pond. 

On 1/7/2017 at 0:11 PM, Ethan said:

Time to get a left back signed asap. Move Irvine to right back and get Naismith out the side. We need 100% committed players for the rest of the season. 

I actually agree with this.  If young Jason wants to sign for a club that isnt any bigger than the one he is currently at then good luck to the lad, thanks for your efforts and bye bye.  

The boy had a better move than this in him and it is far from impossible that during his time in Dingwall he could find himself back in the Championship.  

Personally I would promote Jordan Stewart to the first team, move Gary Irvine across to his more natural position and pack the lad off on a train for Dingwall.  

Really sad to see Naismith go.
Especially as he seems to be getting back to he best on the attacking front.
Very disappointed that we let his contract run down - especially when you look at some of the players we've given contracts to over the last 18 months.

I think "let" is probably the wrong word Bobby, we can't force players to stay.

I would also argue that he has not long came back from a longterm injury and he has only just started to find a bit of form. The younger players are the only ones in our current situation the club are willing to offer new contracts to.

7 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I would also argue that he has not long came back from a longterm injury and he has only just started to find a bit of form. The younger players are the only ones in our current situation the club are willing to offer new contracts to.

You're both right of course.

I think also the change in club ownership was happening at the time someone could have been saying "we think this guy could come back and be an asset".

I'm sure if we offered Naismith a year's extension towards the end of his last recuperation period he'd have taken it.

16 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

As a matter of interest , what happens if Jason picks up an injury that will keep him out for a year , Do Ross County have to pay him his basic wage for the next couple of seasons ?

If that's the case , it makes total sense to make sure your next few years income are taken care of .

I suspect Ross C would just rip up the pre contract agreement as it's just an agreement to agree really.