St Mirren Football Club Annual General Meeting

shull

not looking at midfield cover?

Info I was given tonight from Irate Pirate said centre mid already agreed, left back close to being agreed.

I suspect left back might be Calum Waters from Alloa.

After I retweeted that stuff, Dougie McNeil said a CH on loan might also be a possibility.

Info I was given tonight from Irate Pirate said centre mid already agreed, left back close to being agreed.
After I retweeted that stuff, Dougie McNeil said a CH on loan might also be a possibility.

Yes, he definitely said he already had a deal in place for a CM. He's hoping for an answer from the left back tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Centre half was more a maybe, he feels that Darren Whyte could provide some cover when fit.

It's a tough one as the defence hardly inspires confidence with one clean sheet in 17 league outings. If Gallacher, MacKenzie or either full back gets injured right now we're back in trouble.

That said, we've got Baird, Webster, MacKenzie, Gordon, Naismith and at a push Irvine who can all play CH along with  Whyte who he seems to really rate.

A natural left back will be great as it will allow much more competition in the full back areas. I suspect Irvine is more comfortable playing RB, and Naismith I still reckon would be a more than decent option at CH albeit he is finally recapturing his form at Right Back.

Gordon injury is a blow, and I never really thought I'd be saying that a few weeks back!

It's a tough one as the defence hardly inspires confidence with one clean sheet in 17 league outings. If Gallacher, MacKenzie or either full back gets injured right now we're back in trouble.
That said, we've got Baird, Webster, MacKenzie, Gordon, Naismith and at a push Irvine who can all play CH along with  Whyte who he seems to really rate.
A natural left back will be great as it will allow much more competition in the full back areas. I suspect Irvine is more comfortable playing RB, and Naismith I still reckon would be a more than decent option at CH albeit he is finally recapturing his form at Right Back.
Gordon injury is a blow, and I never really thought I'd be saying that a few weeks back!

Yeah, you can see that Irvine is uneasy at times. Not David Barron at left back levels, but it's still there and a factor. MacKenzie looks to have finally found his form, whilst even Webster has been better lately. We're also a lot better ahead of the back four now so the ball isn't coming back quite as easily as it was. Plus there's been less goalie > full back > goalie > centre back > full back > centre back > goalie style phases of play.

12 hours ago, div said:

Sent you a message with some background on Calum

Centre back I'd say is a must, don't trust Baird or Webster playing regular.  Both have been very poor this season, choice between the two would be Baird but purely out of necessity.  

Naismith has also had a poor season, couple of better games but nowhere near his best and even recently he's only looked like a decent lower Championship level player.  My priority would be a left back then let Irvine and Naismith fight out the right back (Irvine right now) space, a center back and a striker so pretty happy with this.  If we do get a midfield injury we could revert to a 4-4-2 or maybe drop Gallagher back (and hope to god he improves) to bridge the gap. 

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Does anyone know if the subject of Old Firm Colts was brought up and if the club indicated how they would vote?

It was brought up, but an official answer couldn't be given as it hadn't been discussed by the board. If I remember correctly, GS said he wasn't personally in favour of it.

It was brought up, but an official answer couldn't be given as it hadn't been discussed by the board. If I remember correctly, GS said he wasn't personally in favour of it.

That's good news because I'm sure most of the fans aren't either. Hopefully it gets knocked back in the 11-1 vote before it even reaches our level.

• 1 month later...