St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ross climbed into the main stand to have an argument with a fan after the game. Lasted a good two minutes. Perhaps if his team showed half that sort of passion we'd have done something.

Today was the worst display I've seen since he came in and the tactics and substitutions were baffling. Been willing to back him and give him the benefit of the doubt before today but even at 1-0 we looked clueless.

Still, we have the transfer window to come and we've been very active so far, especially compared to our rivals, so I'm sure we'll be fine if we give him time.

:lol: Brings back memories, I once leaned over and shouted "do us a favour and resign" at John Coughlin in the saints dugout at Love Street he had to be held back by that wee snotter gus mcpherson :lol:

Edited by Hoof Hearted

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ross climbed into the main stand to have an argument with a fan after the game. Lasted a good two minutes. Perhaps if his team showed half that sort of passion we'd have done something.

Today was the worst display I've seen since he came in and the tactics and substitutions were baffling. Been willing to back him and give him the benefit of the doubt before today but even at 1-0 we looked clueless.

Still, we have the transfer window to come and we've been very active so far, especially compared to our rivals, so I'm sure we'll be fine if we give him time.

Stu your a sensible lad. Ross should not do that sort of thing but as you wrote shows he is burning inside. Dont tell me we are to sack another manager ? Jesus could not save us at this time. 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Indeed.

Ross wasn't my pick for new manager (I wanted Hughes in but he knocked it back). That said, like most, I have backed JR in what has been an invidious mission to turn a wretched season round with what has amounted to a largely hopeless squad of players - albeit, he has clearly made plenty of mistakes.

Others, it seems, are relishing the fact that it hasn't worked out as we'd hoped.  A smug satisfaction is apparent that suggests that their own conceit rates higher than their concern for the club. That says a lot more about them than it does about Jack Ross, JJ, or anyone else, I'm afraid. It pathetic, really.

Indeed.

A minority who have been on the managers case since day one.

On the other hand there's been some others who have been trying to point out that things have not really been improving and we were getting deeper and deeper in the shite who were rounded on and ridiculed for being " negative" rather than realistic.

Interesting from both sides, don't you think?

We will be relegated, there's no doubt about that. 3-4 players won't be enough to save us.

The decision to bring on Clarkson was absolutely baffling. Has JR not been watching what happens when he comes on?

A few people had a go at me when I got torn into Clarkson today. He was stood getting torn into McAlister for something he had done. The lad is what 17? and has done more than Clarkson has done all season.

I can take getting beat but there was no fight from the team today something we've seen too often this season.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

A minority who have been on the managers case since day one.

On the other hand there's been some others who have been trying to point out that things have not really been improving and we were getting deeper and deeper in the shite who were rounded on and ridiculed for being " negative" rather than realistic.

Interesting from both sides, don't you think?

Interesting?

There is a huge difference between trying to talk your club up when the chips are down - however futile and delusional that might seem - while a few others seem to dervice some form of self-satisfied pleasure from spouting endless negativity and then adopting a primary school told you so attitude when the worst happens.  Being realistic is fine, but that's not what we are talking about here.

Edited by Drew

Shocking performance today we were never at the races. We are far too reliant on our young players, Morgan, Mallan and McAllister who have been off form in the last few games. That said McAllister was unlucky with his strike that came of the bar . They are continually sold short by the experienced players, Quinn n MacKenzie cock up for the 1st goal and Irvine for the 2nd. We missed the midfield out all game as McKenzie n Webster continually hoofed a big high ball forward and when they passed it on the deck it went straight to a QOS player. I can't remember McAllister & Morgan crossing from the byline everything was too narrow and through the middle. Fitzpatrick needs to deliver the goods for Ross in the next week as stated in another post the new signings made a huge difference for Queens.

Jack Ross is the manager but I think the only way to eradicate the cancer at St Mirren park is a clear out of the existing pool excepting the young players. It's very doubtful that we can achieve that and stay in this league

21 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

He done more by playing in the Champions League qualifiers than anyone from our youth academy will manage.

Half a good season, would have seen a player like Goncalves see us a profit. Something our youth academy is unlikely to see.

And there was me thinking McLean and McGinn have full international caps to their credit in the same period and brought in over £500,000 between them despite being in the final year of contracts?

Stu your a sensible lad. Ross should not do that sort of thing but as you wrote shows he is burning inside. Dont tell me we are to sack another manager ? Jesus could not save us at this time. 

Ocht Aye, just pump him.

Give the gig to Smisa and the fan ownership committee led by Fitzpatrick. At this rate of decline that will soon appear to be a logical step.

????

Bring on the clowns...... we've already got a big hot air tent and a few Billy Smarts in the stands.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Interesting?

There is a huge difference between trying to talk your club up when the chips are down - however futile and delusional that might seem - while a few others seem to dervice some form of self-satisfied pleasure from spouting endless negativity and then adopting a primary school told you so attitude when the worst happens.  Being realistic is fine, but that's not what we are talking about here.

As I said, a small minority.

This has been going on for years, nothings changed.

Being "futile and delusional" is fine but is equally as stupid as the minority when they round on anyone who doesn't jump aboard the "Ross is our saviour" train.

You're focusing on the few and failing to recognise that others have been pointing out the danger signals for quite some time, without being personal or vindictive.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, right?

39 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Big fall out coming following this. Did I just hear Chic say something about Ross arguing with some punters

My uncle stopped Jack Ross from going right into the crowd.He said Ross raging at the abuse he took.

On a completely different topic..........I hope Gilmour and Co can sleep at night.This situation is entirerly down to them.

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, a small minority.

This has been going on for years, nothings changed.

Being "futile and delusional" is fine but is equally as stupid as the minority when they round on anyone who doesn't jump aboard the "Ross is our saviour" train.

You're focusing on the few and failing to recognise that others have been pointing out the danger signals for quite some time, without being personal or vindictive.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, right?

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but opinions, and how they are expressed, can be damaging and corrosive (and also f**king tedious, to be blunt).  What irks is that fact that a small minority seem to be basking in our decline.  I'll call that out because I think it deserves to be.

Edited by Drew

10 minutes ago, HSS said:

On a completely different topic..........I hope Gilmour and Co can sleep at night.This situation is entirerly down to them.

I concur.

ETA: okay, cards on the table time.  I hold the former BoD responsible for our decline for two main reasons (I'm referring only to the period post cup win to keep this brief).  Firstly, the shabby penny-pinching and lazy appoinment of Tommy Craig, and, secondly, their f**king gentlemen's agreement that allegedly paved the way for us to lose our only hope of salvation at the end of the January window - Kenny McLean - prior to our relegation. Gentlemens agreement?  Jesus wept.  Clowns!

Edited by Drew

I would say we were beaten by a very professional team today,we were screaming about them wasting time,Rankine ran the show.

if we had been as professional last week we could have won.

seaside league it is then, Ross has a job on his hands,would you sign for us in the position we are in 

Funnily enough I didn't get upset today so I didn't feel shocked

when we had a great spell for first 20 mins I sat waiting for them to score

get the beach balls out