Kyle Hutton

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Cannot agree at all Northstbufddie. While I deplore abuse of our players I think Hutton has been very, very poor and a great disappointment. In his last game at Cappielaw he was far from making himself available to help his colleagues but appeared terrified and clueless and was rightly subbed at half-time. He appears totally devoid of confidence which permeates to his team-mates in my opinion causing uncertainty. The younger and far less experienced players that have replaced him have demonstrated a confidence, bravery and skill set which Hutton has been nowhere near in any game he has started for us that I have seen. Maybe his stint at Airdie will help but losing their last two games will not help his confidence there either.

You could argue that the younger and far less experienced players also played with confidence, bravery and skill that we hadn't seen from Naismith (and others) until the last few games and should Hutton return to Greenhill Road he may return to a team and a midfield which is more settled, has more confidence and is performing better in front of fans who are a bit more serene these days, all of which might benefit Hutton if he does return to the starting XI.

I don't think Hutton is an outstanding talent but reckon h is decent at Championship level at least and we might see him in a better light after h has returned from his loan spell.

I think some of the replies prove the point in the OP... describing him as a non-footballer and going on about the Dunfermline game - MacKenzie has been OK despite gifting Dundee United

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Hutton did his best, considering he's not really a footballer.

The problem with playing someone who isn't really a footballer in central midfield is they don't know what their doing. The opposition then realise this, pressurise the non footballer into making mistakes, which quite often leads to them scoring.

So, for me, I'd always select a footballer in midfield. However, I wish Hutton all the best in his new career, whatever that may be.

No room in your midfield then for someone like Jim Goodwin, Bobby Holmes, John Grieg, Billy Bremner, Dave McKay or Roy Aitken?

But maybe you're too young to remember what a "non-footballer" midfield player looked like.

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

No room in your midfield then for someone like Jim Goodwin, Bobby Holmes, John Grieg, Billy Bremner, Dave McKay or Roy Aitken?

But maybe you're too young to remember what a "non-footballer" midfield player looked like.

Billy Bremner would do a better job than Hutton right now, and he's been dead for 20 odd years. FFS, a traffic cone would do a better job, it would certainly show greater mobility and strength.

4 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

One positive I will say about Hutton is that he never hid, unlike some of the squad this season. And hasn't cried off constantly injured like Quinn has since he joined us in January.

Thats true, he didnt hide. We were all painfully aware he was playing.

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Billy Bremner would do a better job than Hutton right now, and he's been dead for 20 odd years. FFS, a traffic cone would do a better job, it would certainly show greater mobility and strength.

Your comments are a typical example of what my original post was about.

If you played football yourself you would not want 'Hendo' as a supporter.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Your comments are a typical example of what my original post was about.

If you played football yourself you would not want 'Hendo' as a supporter.

I always give full backing to the team at all games, even Hutton, but he has been completely out his depth, so to suggest he should be back in the team baffles me.

Cannot agree at all Northstbufddie. While I deplore abuse of our players I think Hutton has been very, very poor and a great disappointment. In his last game at Cappielaw he was far from making himself available to help his colleagues but appeared terrified and clueless and was rightly subbed at half-time. He appears totally devoid of confidence which permeates to his team-mates in my opinion causing uncertainty. The younger and far less experienced players that have replaced him have demonstrated a confidence, bravery and skill set which Hutton has been nowhere near in any game he has started for us that I have seen. Maybe his stint at Airdie will help but losing their last two games will not help his confidence there either.

He wasn't the only one hiding that night

• 5 weeks later...

Hutton is clearly not a terrible player. We saw the worst of him, but there were factors that led to that, and led to a total loss of confidence for the boy. Best of luck to him, hope he recovers his confidence at Airdrie, cos we've got him unnder contract for another year...

Not very good but the type of player that may have saved us 2 points against Morton as it was we had no central midfielder to bring on for Quinn or Magennis

Agreed. We've been totally lightweight when Quinn has gone off and certainly would be choosing Hutton over Mclear for the final half hour of a game.

Hutton is clearly not a terrible player. We saw the worst of him, but there were factors that led to that, and led to a total loss of confidence for the boy. Best of luck to him, hope he recovers his confidence at Airdrie, cos we've got him unnder contract for another year...

Exactly what good attributes does he have?

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The attributes that made him player of the year at QOS perhaps?

He must have left them at QOS, because we certainly didn't see any of them.

The idea of him coming on to "shore up" the midfield is quite amusing.