Bottom at Christmas

I don't blame anybody getting too excited recently, especially after the Hibs game which was a real morale booster.

I was actually starting to see a way out for us.

However, the expectation was probably unreasonable, except for Oaky, as it's very unusual for teams to turn things around from the position we were in.

Anyone who doesn't see that previous situations are the most likely to be repeated doesn't follow football.

It's still not over yet but the recent posts shouting about 8th, or above, etc really were unlikely.

The best now, IMO, is a play off place.

We remember the infamous Lee Bullen comment about how St Mirren 'stole' :lol: Dunfermline's title in 99/00, even though we had been top of the league for 33 weeks out of 36 that season. 

This season we've been bottom for 21 weeks out of 25, so if we stay up it's fair to say that someone will have stolen our relegation.

Guest TPAFKATS
We remember the infamous Lee Bullen comment about how St Mirren 'stole' [emoji38] Dunfermline's title in 99/00, even though we had been top of the league for 33 weeks out of 36 that season. 
This season we've been bottom for 21 weeks out of 25, so if we stay up it's fair to say that someone will have stolen our relegation.

Haha
We should leave it unlocked and unattended between now and May

We've had one setback imo, last night. Prior to that we'd had a 4 game winning streak. The Celtic game could also be looked at as a setback, although not many expected any more than what we got.

If we can take more steps forward than steps back, we still have a chance of getting out of this. Win on Saturday, and things will look brighter again. That should be our only focus now - winning the next game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, faraway saint said:

What's the latest odds SS?

Sorry mate, didn't see your reply. There has been quite a change in the odds to finish bottom......

Ayr 4/6
Raith 4/1
Dumbarton 5/1
St Mirren 5/1

Just shows what a remarkable improvement we have made considering we were 1/6 and Ayr were 8/1 back in January!

Sorry mate, didn't see your reply. There has been quite a change in the odds to finish bottom......

Ayr 4/6
Raith 4/1
Dumbarton 5/1
St Mirren 5/1

Just shows what a remarkable improvement we have made considering we were 1/6 and Ayr were 8/1 back in January!

Am surprised we are as long as 5/1. Considering we are bottom at the moment and 4 out our last 6 games are away from home to clubs chasing promotion.

20 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Ayr 4/6
Raith 4/1
Dumbarton 5/1
St Mirren 5/1

Like DtB I'm surprised but, as you know, it could all change after one game. Now, keep us updated ya trumpet. :P

Edited by faraway saint

Am surprised we are as long as 5/1. Considering we are bottom at the moment and 4 out our last 6 games are away from home to clubs chasing promotion.

Hibs will probably be champions by the time we play them and the rest are all but guaranteed play off places. They'd still be playing for a higher position for less games, but only 2nd place really gains anything in terms of less play off games.

Anyway, I'd fancy our chances to take something from any or all of those teams.

First thing first though - win on Saturday. [emoji106]

I don't blame anybody getting too excited recently, especially after the Hibs game which was a real morale booster.
I was actually starting to see a way out for us.
However, the expectation was probably unreasonable, except for Oaky, as it's very unusual for teams to turn things around from the position we were in.
Anyone who doesn't see that previous situations are the most likely to be repeated doesn't follow football.
It's still not over yet but the recent posts shouting about 8th, or above, etc really were unlikely.
The best now, IMO, is a play off place.

Livingston under Mark Burchill was the last greatest escape I can remember.

Sort By:FavouriteName

Ayr             4/6                                            
Raith Rovers             4                                            
Dumbarton             5                                            
St Mirren             5        

Looking good ,bookies are rarely wrong

I don't think we need to Bookies to tell us that we have turned it around, and lets be honest, Ayr have beat Raith with out a goalie and Sons..... Raith also have just beaten an appalling United team, Sons do what they do every year somehow survive.....

Jack has a week with players again, I thought we passed superbly against Ayr, I thought Loy was highly impressive, Smith is a buzz bomb, and in Gary we have got a superb CH..... plus we pressed so high, lets do that in our last 6 games, we will get points

We go again, ...... and whilst on form we are the 2nd best team in League, we have to remember a mere 5 weeks ago we could have been 11 points adrift, and down.....................

Saturday was great fun, I expect the same this Sat, but a tougher game, however we had 8 shots Sat, 6 goals and one off post...... now that's finishing, regardless Sat showed we are one club, fans, team, manager, BOD all together  

8 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

What was the gap at the highest? 8 behind Ayr and 11 behind 8th spot at one point I think it was?

Yes we always had games in hand, since then we have gone WWLDWWW, that's not relegation

Annoyingly Ayr gaining 6 points, Raith beating us, and Dumbarton beating Ton puts us back. Lets not forget, Sons have drawn at Easter Road and beaten Ton, also beat Raith 4-0......

However we are now in the fight rather than being out for the count

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2017 at 11:59 AM, irvine_buddie said:

Even before this weekend I thought Raith were the ones to catch not Dumbarton. Both would be nice though.

2 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Latest odds on bottom spot. Getting better and better...

Ayr 2/9
Raith 9/2
St Mirren 12/1
Dumbarton 20/1

Dumbarton are a strange one. Any time you see their scores they seem to be getting great results (against good teams). Yet they remain totally catchable. I think we will and finish 7th. Dunfermline are also not out of our sights but might just stay out of reach in 6th

On 4/3/2017 at 11:50 AM, DougJamie said:

Yes we always had games in hand, since then we have gone WWLDWWW, that's not relegation

Annoyingly Ayr gaining 6 points, Raith beating us, and Dumbarton beating Ton puts us back. Lets not forget, Sons have drawn at Easter Road and beaten Ton, also beat Raith 4-0......

However we are now in the fight rather than being out for the count

At one point 3rd December - we were 10 behind Dumbarton, 12 behind Ayr and 19 behind Raith...

1 minute ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Ayr shorten even further, they are now 1/6 which is the same as we were at our lowest point. Big swings for Dumbarton and Raith after their very bad and very good weekends....

Ayr 1/6
Dumbarton 6/1
Raith 12/1
St Mirren 12/1

The important thing is were now 12's, very close to safety.