Bottom at Christmas

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Ayr shorten even further, they are now 1/6 which is the same as we were at our lowest point. Big swings for Dumbarton and Raith after their very bad and very good weekends....

Ayr 1/6
Dumbarton 6/1
Raith 12/1
St Mirren 12/1

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The important thing is were now 12's, very close to safety.

10th is unlikely but 9th is still distinctly possible, I feel we need to take a point from Tannadice to keep our momentum going and stop the Raith game on the 29th from being a "must win" game. Here are the next round of games

Fixtures for Saturday 22nd April:
Dundee United v St Mirren
Dunfermline Athletic v Falkirk
Morton v Ayr United
Queen of the South v Dumbarton

Hib v Raith is postponed till midweek (Wed 26th) due to Hibs SCSF - this might work to our advantage if we can get draw or better and move above Raith who will then have to play 2 games in 4 days. Dumbarton face QotS who are not (realistically :Pinvolved in either the play-off or relegation battles, you'd fancy Dumbarton to be more motivated however having to chase a game might not suit them. I'll be praying to the Gods of Prog Rock for results to go in our favour! :sheep

Edited by Bud the Baker

With Morton in freefall QotS and Dunfermline might think the improbable is possible  so QotS have motivation to win v Dumbarton. It would be nice for the manky mob to get their act together and Dumbarton to slip up combined with us getting a positive result v what is, on the strength of yesterday's performance, a poor DU side.

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

10th is unlikely but 9th is still distinctly possible, I feel we need to take a point from Tannadice to keep our momentum going and stop the Raith game on the 29th from being a "must win" game. Here are the next round of games

Fixtures for Saturday 22nd April:
Dundee United v St Mirren
Dunfermline Athletic v Falkirk
Morton v Ayr United
Queen of the South v Dumbarton

Hib v Raith is postponed till midweek (Wed 26th) due to Hibs SCSF - this might work to our advantage if we can get draw or better and move above Raith who will then have to play 2 games in 4 days. Dumbarton face QotS who are not involved in either the play-off or relegation battles, you'd fancy Dumbarton to be more motivated however having to chase a game might not suit them. I'll be praying to the Gods of Prog Rock for results to go in our favour! :sheep

Queens have an outside chance of the play offs with Morton in free fall. Think they will be up for it if they are still in with a chance. i.e. If the soap dodgers loose at home to Ayr<_<

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, ScotstounSaint said:

Latest odds on finishing bottom after today's debacle.....

St Mirren 1/4
Dumbarton 10/1
Ayr 10/1
Dunfermline 10/1
Queen of the South 14/1

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, ScotstounSaint said:

Updated odds on finishing bottom after today's shambles.....

St Mirren 1/6
Ayr 8/1
Dumbarton 8/1
Dunfermline 25/1
Queen of the South 25/1

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, ScotstounSaint said:

Updated odds after the weekend games. Do the bookies see the first signs of a Saints revival?!

St Mirren 1/3
Ayr 9/2
Dumbarton 9/2

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:01 AM, ScotstounSaint said:

A big swing in the odds to finish bottom after yesterday's great result. We were 1/4 before the game, now it's....

St Mirren 4/6
Ayr 9/4
Raith 6/1
Dumbarton 12/1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, ScotstounSaint said:
We are no longer the favourites to finish bottom of the league!! :D

Ayr 3/2
St Mirren 13/8
Raith 3/1
Dumbarton 10/1

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, ScotstounSaint said:

Sorry mate, didn't see your reply. There has been quite a change in the odds to finish bottom......

Ayr 4/6
Raith 4/1
Dumbarton 5/1
St Mirren 5/1

Just shows what a remarkable improvement we have made considering we were 1/6 and Ayr were 8/1 back in January!

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:09 AM, ScotstounSaint said:

Latest odds on bottom spot. Getting better and better...

Ayr 2/9
Raith 9/2
St Mirren 12/1
Dumbarton 20/1

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, ScotstounSaint said:

Ayr shorten even further, they are now 1/6 which is the same as we were at our lowest point. Big swings for Dumbarton and Raith after their very bad and very good weekends....

Ayr 1/6
Dumbarton 6/1
Raith 12/1
St Mirren 12/1

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ayr 2/17

St Mirren 5/1 

Raith 14/1

WHAT a rollercoaster.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

He is correct.

The bookies are rarely wrong because they continually adjust their odds. A few people always win big because they get in when the odds are very favourable. The bookies make their money because the odds shorten once the event being bet on starts becoming or threatens to become popular. Seriously, why do you not know this?

Its a bit like TC and a former forum resident ensuring they continually change change the goalposts in order to be able to claim they are correct about something.

I seem to recall a ludicrous post about the season being a disaster because we were still at the bottom of the league in March for the first time ever. This was right in the middle of one of our best runs for years.

Edited by oaksoft

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He is correct.

The bookies are rarely wrong because they continually adjust their odds. A few people always win big because they get in when the odds are very favourable. The bookies make their money because the odds shorten once the event being bet on starts becoming or threatens to become popular. Seriously, why do you not know this?

Its a bit like TC and a former forum resident ensuring they continually change change the goalposts in order to be able to claim they are correct about something.

I seem to recall a ludicrous post about the season being a disaster because we were still at the bottom of the league in March for the first time ever. This was right in the middle of one of our best runs for years.

It's called "making a book".............

I didn't work this out myself. I found the info on facebook but

"Raith beat Hibs, St Mirren beat Raith, Ayr beat Hibs, Dumbarton lose to Utd then

Ayr beat Raith, St Mirren draw with Hibs and Dumbarton draw with Falkirk

All 4 teams will have 39 points" (albeit Ayr's goal difference is terrible)

Exciting stuff! what's the odds on all that happening

Edited by East Lothian Saint

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

"Raith beat Hibs, St Mirren beat Raith, Ayr beat Hibs, Dumbarton lose to Utd then

4/1 with Paddy Power. 3/1 with Oaksoft.

7 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Coral will give you 208/1 on the first 4 results. For all 7 results it will be at least 8000/1 I would think, probably more!

On 23/04/2017 at 1:01 PM, shull said:

They had Ayr to finish bottom at. 

10/1

Then 8/1

Followed. by 

9/2

And so on 

Go and ask them for 10/1 on Ayr finishing bottom now. 

Mugs 

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

4/1 with Paddy Power. 3/1 with Oaksoft.

49 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Coral will give you 208/1 on the first 4 results. For all 7 results it will be at least 8000/1 I would think, probably more!

I am not getting involved :lol:

12 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

If all those results come off will we be more annoyed at the fact St Mirren finished bottom equal than the fact we never stuck a quid on the bet.