Bottom at Christmas

11 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Sadly, - That bit is true! :-(

No it isn't. This is exasperating. We are talking about St Mirren hypothetically doing a Third Lanark, dying, completely disappearing, and Paisley (however you wish to define Paisley) won't give a fcuk.

Nonsense.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No it isn't. This is exasperating. We are talking about St Mirren hypothetically doing a Third Lanark, dying, completely disappearing, and Paisley (however you wish to define Paisley) won't give a fcuk.

Nonsense.

Remind yourself of that next Saturday lunchtime!!

Bottom at Christmas... season ends in May. If we have a decent January we'll not be bottom by the end of next month. A win against the soapdodgers is essential to keep us within touching distance of Ayr, Dumbarton and Dunfermline.  A potential gap of 4 points going into the transfer window and a chance to strengthen should see us catch the teams above us.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Bottom at Christmas... season ends in May. If we have a decent January we'll not be bottom by the end of next month. A win against the soapdodgers is essential to keep us within touching distance of Ayr, Dumbarton and Dunfermline.  A potential gap of 4 points going into the transfer window and a chance to strengthen should see us catch the teams above us.

Yes , your correct . Great showing today . Pity about McKenzie good support up there as well . We will play a bit worse and win games but I'd rather we keep up this level and still win 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Looks like, if your'e bottom at Christmas the best you can hope for is a play off place.

To avoid this seems we need to get on another 3 game rum like we had before the Dundee United game.

Time/games are running out. 

Too right Faraway - a minimum of three rums required before every game at the moment. :D

Edited by southsidebud

Just now, elvis said:

Evrybody picking up points but Us we are f**ked I'm telling you I know there are loads of games to go but just feel we don't have the balls to do anything about it I will be amazed if we don't get relegated

No, you are wrong. We will stay up. Merry Xmas :)

What we really need is one of those 3 teams above us to go on an epic 6 game losing streak. Just like we did when JR was appointed.

Sadly none of them looks like doing so. They're all well drilled sides with experienced managers and they're all grinding out results.

The only side in the bottom 4 to lose a game in the last 9 days was ourselves.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Evrybody picking up points but Us we are f**ked I'm telling you I know there are loads of games to go but just feel we don't have the balls to do anything about it I will be amazed if we don't get relegated

I would also be amazed if Elvis isn't relegated from the "black and white army poster league". His unremitting negativity has seen him cut well adrift at the bottom, and only a run of positive posts is likely to save him, and on current form I just can't see it happening.

Top Cat's position is also looking precarious, and I expect him to join Elvis in League One next season after being relegated via the play offs, where they will foist their stream of negative pish on the forums of Brechin City and Stenhousemuir respectively.

Edited by Hendo

On 25/12/2016 at 10:31 AM, faraway saint said:

Looks like, if your'e bottom at Christmas the best you can hope for is a play off place.

To avoid this seems we need to get on another 3 game rum like we had before the Dundee United game.

Time/games are running out. 

A statistic as useless as everything else you post. If someone tossed 10 consecutive heads on a coin, you would gamble on the next toss being tails convinced that the previous tosses mattered.

The past is no indicator of the future. There are not many rich gamblers out there.

I blame quantum fluctuations.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
A statistic as useless as everything else you post. If someone tossed 10 consecutive heads on a coin, you would gamble on the next toss being tails convinced that the previous tosses mattered.
The past is no indicator of the future. There are not many rich gamblers out there.

Quantum fluctuations? Sounds like Tedious Tom's digestive system over the last day or so.

To be honest I think we need an incredible turnaround to get out of this. We don't score enough goals and make basic defensive mistakes every week.

All our rivals are picking up points. Dumbarton winning at Falkirk is a result I don't think we are capable of getting.

A win against Morton is essential to get belief and boost confidence

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

:lol::lol::lol:

The bookies are rich BECAUSE of statistics ya idiot. :1eye 

Run along to general nonsense where you can waffle around till your hearts content and stay away from football, which you know nothing about. :byebye

In the last 20 seasons, the team bottom of the Championship/Division 1 at Xmas has been relegated in 16 of those.

In 2 of the 4 seasons where the bottom team at Xmas survived, those teams had been deducted points and so were in a bit of a false position. In another (2008/09), Airdrie were spared relegation due to Livingston's financial irregularities. So the 1 'standard' time the team bottom at Xmas has survived was 2012/13 when Dumbarton were 7 points behind but had 2 games in hand, they ended the season in 7th.

So, in the last 20 years (and for 'normal' seasons) no one has managed to survive after being 7 or more points behind and with no games in hand at Xmas..........but none of those clubs were the mighty St Mirren :)

Capture.PNG