The battle to avoid relegation

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ok, I'll concede cast-off, but we're still left with a player (mysteriously unavailable for tomorrow) who's surplus to current requirements at Aberdeen, has barely played this season and seems to have one foot planted firmly down the "wasted talent" route - at this stage I'd much prefer Rankin. But like you say it's all whatiffery.

I'm still disappointed that we're unlikely to have a new player available for tomorrows match especially given the hints dropped at the AGM that the management team were on the case. In fact as stated we're two down (albeit Hardie & Walsh had already been discarded by Ross). I stand by my opinion that other teams have been more effective in bringing in the players they wanted than us.

Two can play the unnecessarily detrimental game!

Dont know if i agreewith that Bud.

Ayr: No new faces- one out & possibly losing Balatoni

Dung: 1 Loan from Dons who cant play till 9th Jan (sound familiar ?)

Dumbarton: Ryan Stevenson & Joe Thomson (to qots)out -  Nade in..... MEH !

QOTS: The most movement. Thomson (had been with Dumb) & Thomas from well. Also Rankine

So really , very little to choose between us all.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I said to kendo that's the market we're in. I may be wrong but I'd have chosen Rankin ahead of Storie and you can't deny that he (Rankin) is available for tomorrows must win fixture against Queens.

From what i have been told by a mate who has watched him  play think you will be in for a pleasant surprise bud. 

43 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dont know if i agreewith that Bud.

Ayr: No new faces- one out & possibly losing Balatoni

Dung: 1 Loan from Dons who cant play till 9th Jan (sound familiar ?)

Dumbarton: Ryan Stevenson & Joe Thomson (to qots)out -  Nade in..... MEH !

QOTS: The most movement. Thomson (had been with Dumb) & Thomas from well. Also Rankine

So really , very little to choose between us all.

Fair enough I guess I got it wrong focussing on QotS but I'm still disappointed we seem to be two players down for tomorrow's must win game.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, my worry as i clearly said is we are (depending on your opinion of Hardie & Walsh) weakened going into this game, where Qos have strengthened.

I don't think we are weakened but more so have remained the same. Both Walsh and Hardie haven't really featured much lately. We have better players with our own youngsters. I would have liked Storie to have been available but Quinn looks to be fit for tomorrow. If rumours are true it would be good to have a new striker playing. 

Just now, Ethan said:

I don't think we are weakened but more so have remained the same. Both Walsh and Hardie haven't really featured much lately. We have better players with our own youngsters. I would have liked Storie to have been available but Quinn looks to be fit for tomorrow. If rumours are true it would be good to have a new striker playing. 

But what do we do when he goes off after 60 mins ?  

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Walsh has been out the picture, but Hardie was in every squad iirc, coming on just about every week,  Quinn if fit will be injured again shortly, thats just how it is with him. A new striker if signed is totally contrary to what the manager and chairman have said is the priority, and its what all of us know is the least important gap in our squad.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Walsh has been out the picture, but Hardie was in every squad iirc, coming on just about every week,  Quinn if fit will be injured again shortly, thats just how it is with him. A new striker if signed is totally contrary to what the manager and chairman have said is the priority, and its what all of us know is the least important gap in our squad.

He`s made three substitute appearances in the last  8 Games, totaling 37 minutes. I dont think we will regret letting him go & if we can replace him with another forward , i`m all for that.

Lets face it Sutton aside , we have few options.

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He`s made three substitute appearances in the last  8 Games, totaling 37 minutes. I dont think we will regret letting him go & if we can replace him with another forward , i`m all for that.

Lets face it Sutton aside , we have few options.

Or cross fingers and hope Shankland rediscovers his goal scoring form from 2nd half of last season? Once got started he did ok.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Or cross fingers and hope Shankland rediscovers his goal scoring form from 2nd half of last season? Once got started he did ok.

I would love to see Shanks find his scoring touch again, for that matter i`d even be happy for Clarkson to start banging in the goals (as long as we dont offer him another contract !!)

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, munoz said:

According to Falkirk fans , Rankin dosn't fall into either the fresh or fit category . 

Goal! St. Mirren 0, Queen of the South 1. Stephen Dobbie (Queen of the South) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by John Rankin.

Fit enough. apparently.

This club is still in free fall. They say you get back what you put in, well St mirren are well and truly reaping the rewards from their disastrous management since march 2013, tbh , if not since before then
I am truly seeing a new dawn here.
Full circle now, Division three football looks very possible now.

Another dismal result in a season full of them. After pretty much everyone agreeing we needed a "good window" and being assured it was all under control at the AGM we play our first game of the New Year with our one signing still in transit while our opponents have strengthened their squad in the month since the last H2H. What followed - a predictable defeat and to rub salt in the wound an assist from one of their new players (who a number of posters took time out to trash) and a goal from another.

This result leaves only the two p/t teams within our reach - don't see us catching both but suppose 9th place still just about feasible. If we don't at least make up some ground between now and the end of the season then I'd say JR is holed beneath the waterline.