The battle to avoid relegation

We have 17 games left after tomorrow , 8 of which are against the teams we can realistically catch.
To say this game will determine whether we go down or not is an absolute nonsense.

the games we must win are against Ayr ,Dunfermline ,Dumbarton, and QOS 

.QOS are going down like a stone ,as Hibs were in the Premier

Just think 24 points up for grabs

C'mon the Saints 

Stating the bleeding obvious here, it is not good news that we are 7 points adrift. However, I see it as good news that there are 3 teams sitting 7 ahead of us to aim at plus QoS (9 points ahead) who appear to have struck an iceberg.  I can see improvements on the field and it would only take 2 or 3 straight victories in January to turn our season around. A win tomorrow would be a mega-boost but the outcome of this one fixture is not going to define our season. A lot of hard work lies ahead - let's hope our squad realise what is needed.

28 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We need to get to the battlefield before we worry about a relegation battle.

Right now it's looking like we will wave the white flag long before we even get close enough to fire a shot.

That's pish TC and you know it. Do you honestly think we have been waving a white flag the last six games or so? I have seen us dominate teams, get 2 wins and a draw, win a cup game and give maximum effort and have been very unlucky in not picking up more points.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

That's pish TC and you know it. Do you honestly think we have been waving a white flag the last six games or so? I have seen us dominate teams, get 2 wins and a draw, win a cup game and give maximum effort and have been very unlucky in not picking up more points.

You'd be as well talking to the wall, elvis or Stuart D. 

56 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Right now it's looking like we will wave the white flag long before we even get close enough to fire a shot.

You do realise we have taken 7 points from our last 4 league games. Hardly the signs of a team in surrender mode !!! Clearly you have developed an agenda and won't be happy until we are relegated as that will back up your petty little spat. Just to point out if the current level of form is maintained never mind improved upon we will have at least another 28 points and stay up reasonably comfortably. Hardly white flag form no matter how you want to paint it.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Gus isn't returning mate . You really need to try and move on .

You've changed your tune, wasn't too long ago you were saying nothing would be decided until we got players in January, now we are completely doomed.

Lighten up bud, it's only football, you've been grim as f**k on here for weeks

7 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

We have 17 games left after tomorrow , 8 of which are against the teams we can realistically catch.
To say this game will determine whether we go down or not is an absolute nonsense.

the games we must win are against Ayr ,Dunfermline ,Dumbarton, and QOS 

.QOS are going down like a stone ,as Hibs were in the Premier

Just think 24 points up for grabs

C'mon the Saints 

Yes I agree with you but think we will win 2 - 1 v Morton . Jack has us playing with more freedom but need to keep things tight with getting behind the ball fast when not in possession . Apart from the away game at Cappilow the games lost since Jack Ross appointment could have been drawn apart from some daft errors 

9 hours ago, Kendo said:

You are a tedious bore.

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

I am beginning to think TC doesnt stand for Top Cat but Tedious c**t.

You've changed your tune, wasn't too long ago you were saying nothing would be decided until we got players in January, now we are completely doomed.

Lighten up bud, it's only football, you've been grim as f**k on here for weeks

See why?

I do agree with your last sentence. It's only a daft game, but this is a site for discussing that daft game. We are going down with a whimper I'm afraid.

Hate to say this but we are pretty much back to the position we were in prior to winning v queens and Raith. We simply can't win games and the losing mentality is killing us. I am sad to see the demise but although jack has made us easy on the eye the lads just aren't up to the job and unless he signs four first pick players of quality then I feel we will be relegated 

We can't afford to write the season off just yet. Things have improved (slightly). Certainly, the football is better to watch, and we are competing.

I can understand why folk are talking as though we are down already, and I can't pretend that I'm brimming with confidence that we can survive, but we really need to believe that there is hope until its impossible.

I've been impressed by the level of support that the management team and players have enjoyed during games of late. The goodwill is there, and we need to ensure that heads don't go down on the pitch, in the dug out, or in the stands.

Its not looking good, but is far from unachievable.

Platitudes, perhaps, but we need to cling onto any positives we can. The baw isn't burst yet!

Hate to say this but we are pretty much back to the position we were in prior to winning v queens and Raith. We simply can't win games and the losing mentality is killing us. I am sad to see the demise but although jack has made us easy on the eye the lads just aren't up to the job and unless he signs four first pick players of quality then I feel we will be relegated 

I think we're actually in a slightly worse position now than we were prior to the QOTS game. At that point we were 9 points behind 9th with a game in hand against the most out of form team in the league. We also had a home game against Ayr on the horizon.

Today we are 6 points behind 9th and they have a game in hand. We also have 5 less games of the season to go than we did then, so 5 less games to catch the teams above us.

2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in December is certainly an improvement that's hard to argue with, and todays performance was miles better than the gutless shite I witnessed at Cappielow in November - but time really does seem to be running out. Todays failure to close out Morton just compounds the issue.