Stefan McCluskey

Dave The Buddie

Sadly this is the market we are now in. 

Yeah exactly. This guys a part time player and was deemed not good enough by Morton. Morton ffs.

But we are at the bottom of the championship and I fear players of his ilk are as good as we are going to get in January.

He looks more like a signing for league 1 next season, and he might do a job for us there.

29 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yeah exactly. This guys a part time player and was deemed not good enough by Morton. Morton ffs.

But we are at the bottom of the championship and I fear players of his ilk are as good as we are going to get in January.

He looks more like a signing for league 1 next season, and he might do a job for us there.

Oh FFS. Morgan and McAllister have got the wide midfield positions tied down. If he signs, and it's a big if, it would only be as cover.

Given where we are right now, the players Jack brings in need to be the first name on the team sheet type.

Right now none of the club's above us need to beat us to stay up, all they need to do is not lose and match our results elsewhere.

Our signings need to be fit enough and good enough to start every week and capable of helping us win games.

15 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Given where we are right now, the players Jack brings in need to be the first name on the team sheet type.

Right now none of the club's above us need to beat us to stay up, all they need to do is not lose and match our results elsewhere.

Our signings need to be fit enough and good enough to start every week and capable of helping us win games.

Well this aint going to help .

17 hours ago, TopCat said:

Have you actually read the article? once we have in the priority areas first we can then look to see what can be done. 

15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have you actually read the article? once we have in the priority areas first we can then look to see what can be done. 

... and despite that I am think we currently have Morgan, McAllister, and McLear in the squad who can all play as wingers and we had Tom Walsh as well, who more often than not was decent and a goal threat. We are getting rid of Walsh - Hardie was always upfront that he isn't a winger - but I don't think signing another winger is a signing that we need. Goalkeeper would be nice, utility defender would be nice, defensive midfielder a top priority, and since Hardie is being returned to Rangers another speedy striker to partner with Sutton / Shankland.

I would not have thought we need a player for that position. In my book he is similar to McMullen who after a reasonable start with us, but after getting injured against Falkirk at home he went downhill and we soon got rid. If we are to improve,and we will, even if it takes going down yet again. Storie appears on paper to be a good signing. because Quinn is not the answer. Thank goodness these decisions are down to the manager.

Edited by stripey
Misspelt word

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, TopCat said:

Morton wanted to keep him, he refused a new contract!

5 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Now now Callum, season of good will to all, including StuD! I rarely agree with him but he is entertaining!

How about i agree on the first part but can we change the second part to " he is a self obsessed shit stirrer l who seems to delight at running down anything St.Mirren related ?