St Mirren Photos & Videos

1 hour ago, snudge said:

That’s brilliant. I’ve never seen that before. The old Marching In video had the 3rd goal in it but what was the rest of that report used for? Was most of it just cut from the final edit of the video?

The most hilarious thing about that night is that the official attendance was listed as something like 11000. It was much more than that. 

That’s brilliant. I’ve never seen that before. The old Marching In video had the 3rd goal in it but what was the rest of that report used for? Was most of it just cut from the final edit of the video?
The most hilarious thing about that night is that the official attendance was listed as something like 11000. It was much more than that. 

Like many, I was there that night & all other home European nights ( including H )

Have you seen the potential for large home supports such as in the packed stadium in that clip ?

In my heart at least, I would love us to fill the place we now have every week, also have terracing areas .... ah well, the reality is our little lego stadium won’t ever see the magic nights that Love St did.

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Like many, I was there that night & all other home European nights ( including H )

Have you seen the potential for large home supports such as in the packed stadium in that clip ?

In my heart at least, I would love us to fill the place we now have every week, also have terracing areas .... ah well, the reality is our little lego stadium won’t ever see the magic nights that Love St did.

Aye. I’d love to say I remember it like it was yesterday, but in reality it does feel every bit of the 30 odd years ago that it was. I was 18 at the time. It’s definitely up there in my top 5 games at Love Street and probably in my top 3 night games. 

Hammarby was my last European game as I moved to Jersey in 86 so missed out on the Tromso and Mechelen games. 

20 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Well, the 3 points were welcome,but it’s my opinion that we played a team wanting rid of their manager ‘that’s’ how we achieved that result.

And we only won the League Cup Final because Gary Locke is shite

Get tae yir bed FFS :lol:

Really nowt to do with Locke.

Actually a Danny Lennon masterclass.

Ably assisted by our Squad of Legendary St Mirren players.

Even Sammy, although I did haud my breath when I thought he was gonnae drop Cheesy.

BEST ST MIRREN DAY EVER.

4 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Always thought we took a poor support that day

Had a decent support. We were in the Jungle that afternoon and also behind the goal in the end where that photo was taken. The Dons fans were in the End which can be seen above. 

We were heavily outnumbered in the Replay. We had one end and the Dons filled the other 3 sides of Dens Park. 

Billy T.  couldn't fill the gap between his legs. 

Edited by shull

44 minutes ago, shull said:

Had a decent support. We were in the Jungle that afternoon and also behind the goal in the end where that photo was taken. The Dons fans were in the End which can be seen above. 

We were heavily outnumbered in the Replay. We had one end and the Dons filled the other 3 sides of Dens Park. 

Billy T.  couldn't fill the gap between his legs. 

I was at both games i thought we would take more at Parkhead than we did

I thought we took a decent support to Dens considering it was midweek and the weather was dreadful

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I was at both games i thought we would take more at Parkhead than we did

I thought we took a decent support to Dens considering it was midweek and the weather was dreadful

For a midweek match at Dens, it was a decent support, just small compared to Aberdeen's.

A lot of us missed the kick off with the Supporters Buses getting held up in Traffic.

26 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
That is absolutely feckin horrendous. No more words.
I can’t unwatch that. 

What's not to like? It had alcohol, pizza, football and a panda wi' tits.

:lol

Seriously tho! What the f**king f**k was that?

I’m very reluctantly going to have to guess that it was some sort of “promotional” video for the city of culture thing? If that was the standard of the material it’s nae wonder we got gubbed aff a shitehole like Coventry! 

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
emoji38.png
Seriously tho! What the f**king f**k was that?
I’m very reluctantly going to have to guess that it was some sort of “promotional” video for the city of culture thing? If that was the standard of the material it’s nae wonder we got gubbed aff a shitehole like Coventry! 

I don't think it was a promo video, more like a piss take of promo videos - "look, Paisley has an abbey, a museum and a pub".

Please let it be so.

Even then it’s still unwatchable. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

15 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I was fortunate enough to have Mr Nanjiani do an emergency operation in 87’ after a wee accident in Foxbar emoji4.png

Now, what’s this video thing all about ? Watch or Don’t watch ?

Dr. Nanjani corrected a turn in my eye when I was 18 months old in 1968.

As for the video, if you’re the kinda guy who watches ISIS executions on the Internet, then watch it. If you’re not, then don’t.