Tough it Out

Ricky thought you were leaving? Anyway HNY

Other teams- Sons , Pars are picking up wins  Ayr and QOS who haven't won a game for 3/4 months are getting draws....

We have more opps in next 2 months with us playing 4 teams above us.....

Simply put- Must win now.....

We have 17 games and I reckon we must win at least 8 of them. Huge ask but any less I reckon we are down............

I disagree with JRs notion that we are playing well, we are playing better yes, but that was hardly a challenge..... no team in this league is really showing any true form

We are still very fragile........... we lose a goal 67 secs after scoring gainst United, we bottle it against 10 men Morton, we bottle it against 10 men of Ayr..

Selling Goodwin seems to be the worst decision every made by AR, and we have no heart in our team, bar the kids...

Of course we can stay up, but every game we blow makes that less unlikely

Ricky thought you were leaving? Anyway HNY
Other teams- Sons , Pars are picking up wins  Ayr and QOS who haven't won a game for 3/4 months are getting draws....
We have more opps in next 2 months with us playing 4 teams above us.....
Simply put- Must win now.....
We have 17 games and I reckon we must win at least 8 of them. Huge ask but any less I reckon we are down............
I disagree with JRs notion that we are playing well, we are playing better yes, but that was hardly a challenge..... no team in this league is really showing any true form
We are still very fragile........... we lose a goal 67 secs after scoring gainst United, we bottle it against 10 men Morton, we bottle it against 10 men of Ayr..
Selling Goodwin seems to be the worst decision every made by AR, and we have no heart in our team, bar the kids...
Of course we can stay up, but every game we blow makes that less unlikely

I agree with one exception , we need to work on the basis we have the next 14 games to sort this out ( based on current table ) if we don't resolve it in 14 , the last 3 will be irrelevant.

Welcome back St Ricky!

The way I see it there are two elements to the great escape (both are common sense)

1- beating our survival rivals - that starts on Saturday

2 - matching or bettering our rivals other results.

Last nights result for Dunfermline basically matched our victory over Raith (ok - I know Dunfermline were away but we can't do more than beat them) - so I'm not panicking about that - although I'm disappointed Raith couldn't do us a favour. 

Still doable though I am getting some butterflies looking at the 9 point gap to 8th.

Although if we beat QoS we are back to 6 from 8th which is a whole lot less scary. If Morton do us a favour against Dumbarton then we will have two teams six points ahead with Ayr playing Dunfermline which means we catch up on at least one other team.

So we need to keep the faith and hope for a priceless win in Saturday! 

All we can hope to do is win as many games as possible, and hope the likes of Ayr or Qots continue their poor form . 

We really need some decent results pronto though . 

9 points and a cup win at Dens will do me for January .

Edited by munoz

Agree with above,

Our last 5 games have yielded 8 points, If the next 15 games yields 24 we will stay up simples.. On the form book we are heading for 8th place.... however and a BIG however,   4 of those were against 2 teams who are in freefall......

I still think we will escape, but its almost at stage where one result could kill us, as in, Saturday is a must for 3 points...............

QOS will be thinking exactly the same........ A team that has taken 3 points out of a possible 36

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Agree with above,

Our last 5 games have yielded 8 points, If the next 15 games yields 24 we will stay up simples.. On the form book we are heading for 8th place.... however and a BIG however,   4 of those were against 2 teams who are in freefall......

I still think we will escape, but its almost at stage where one result could kill us, as in, Saturday is a must for 3 points...............

QOS will be thinking exactly the same........ A team that has taken 3 points out of a possible 36

I like what you say and you've given me comfort . I was thinking more like we needed 9 wins but I see what you mean with your formula . If we do get to a play off situation I think we will stay up . 

I have a feeling we won't win in Saturday which I hope is wrong. Failure to win and we can get ready for league 1. It's not good enough and jack has had to do his best with a rotten lot. The players are losers they have forgotten how to win matches. This game on Saturday is a must must win but I do not trust them to deliver

12 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I have a feeling we won't win in Saturday which I hope is wrong. Failure to win and we can get ready for league 1. It's not good enough and jack has had to do his best with a rotten lot. The players are losers they have forgotten how to win matches. This game on Saturday is a must must win but I do not trust them to deliver

We are not losers, our previous BOD have made it almost impossible with shocking decisions, never forgive the old BOD for appointing Craig with his piece of paper. Costing us potentially millions... SG has done his best to save us for his own sake and not the clubs. 

SG and his cronies should be shot simple as...............cnuts

Edited by DougJamie

19 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Norrie , your correct that Jack has to make do with what he has at his disposal and I'm NOT making any excuses for him but there has hardly been a game when there has been something completely out of his control that's happened . Just to remind you of some :

at home v Dumbarton Langfield passes the ball to their striker ! Sickening 

Away v Falkirk 1 0 up and looking the team more likely to score the BAIRD acts like a 12 year old ! 

V Ayr missed penalty

at home v Dundee Utd : McKenzie tries to bring ball down then they go 2 up !

At Cappilow we were just rubbish and no excuses but apart from that we've been in most of the games so Jack has for sure made improvements . Set pieces a lot better particularly corners as Gordon and McKenzie have had success so it's easy to see improvements have been made with work on the training pitch .

i wouldn't say the players are " losers " but certainly there is a feeling of " here we go again " mentality from the players . When we have had the opportunity we just don't seem to kill off teams but thats a lack of confidence and I'm sure Jack and James are constantly trying to change that type of mentality . A win on Saturday will lead to 2 wins in a row I'm sure .

Let me be quite clear about this I am fully behind the Ross and given time I think he will be a top manager.But I think the root of our problems lie in the goalkeeping area.Gallagher against Ton was nervous throughout and in the first he dropped a fairly simple take and we got lucky.My view is he was to blame for the equaliser.Goalie errors have cost us this season and could easily be another ten points ahead for that reason alone.Gallagher has tried his luck at Sevco and Hearts and I just feel he should look at getting a new trade.We desperately need a reliable keeper in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Let me be quite clear about this I am fully behind the Ross and given time I think he will be a top manager.But I think the root of our problems lie in the goalkeeping area.Gallagher against Ton was nervous throughout and in the first he dropped a fairly simple take and we got lucky.My view is he was to blame for the equaliser.Goalie errors have cost us this season and could easily be another ten points ahead for that reason alone.Gallagher has tried his luck at Sevco and Hearts and I just feel he should look at getting a new trade.We desperately need a reliable keeper in my opinion.

He was at fault for the goal and had a few hairy moments throughout the game... however... in the few matches prior to that he was absolutely fine and I would much rather encourage and support him than reinstate "Coach"!

If an experienced keeper like Sampson can get pelters for horror performances in the top division, we can surely forgive our young keeper his first bad match since taking over as number one.

Also Gallagher was awful against Livi early in the season and against Hibs at Paisley.The guy is a nervous wreck and unfortunately it spreads.

I didn't realise he was 27 tbh.

That Livi game was under Rae with the worst defence imaginable... hardly inspiring for any keeper.

Dropping Ridgers for Langfield was a humongous error.

The problem is Gallagher is 27 been around the block at Ibrox and Tynecastle .He should be at his peak in my opinion.Coaching is for youngsters.

Similar age to Craig Sampson when he signed. I remember this place being up in arms about us signing him from Ayr though he improved in time under the right manager.

17 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

He was at fault for the goal and had a few hairy moments throughout the game... however... in the few matches prior to that he was absolutely fine and I would much rather encourage and support him than reinstate "Coach"!

If an experienced keeper like Sampson can get pelters for horror performances in the top division, we can surely forgive our young keeper his first bad match since taking over as number one.

Until Jack gets another Keeper ( not easy to come by ) I'd play Langfield because he has been let off the hook by dropping him and being the goalkeeping coach . His massive error v Dumbarton at home must have really hurt Jack and I fully understand that . However until we find a suitable replacement I think Jack may just go with Langfield this week .