Dunfermline V St mirren (14th January)

I won't be there today - we couldn't make it through in time after our morning/early afternoon commitments. 

No matter what though - three new signings has got to be exciting.

I hope our new players have the same impact as the three new signings that QoS unleashed on us last week!

At the risk of 'happy clapping' (which I don't think it is) - three points today makes a huge difference to our survival chances.

Come on Saints - lets get this feckin' corner finally turned!

This is obviously gonna be a key game, indicating whether or not we can make 9th spot and the relegation play-offs.

I didn't feel Dunfermline were much better than us over the first two games this season, they just made one fewer mistake in each game, although that in itself is a key factor at our level. Both sides have done significant transfer business this week and I guess this game'll come down to whose newbies hit the ground running - let's hope it's ours!

As ever - COYS!

St Mirren: Langfield, Naismith, Irvine, Webster, MacKenzie, Quinn, Storie, Mallan, Loy, McAllister, Sutton

Interesting. Could be a 4-3-3 with McAllister Sutton and Loy up top? Either that or a narrow midfield.

Or Mallan out wide possibly?

Surprised Webster keeps his place, thought Fjelde or Baird would have came in. Ross must have zero trust in Baird after the Falkirk game

Harsh on Magennis when he's been better than Quinn but good to be able to give him a rest

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

St Mirren: Langfield, Naismith, Irvine, Webster, MacKenzie, Quinn, Storie, Mallan, Loy, McAllister, Sutton

Interesting. Could be a 4-3-3 with McAllister Sutton and Loy up top? Either that or a narrow midfield.

How can Webster and Clarkson still get near this team!! Honestly after last weeks horror show, the sooner they are out the better. I hope Quinn and Mallan realise they've got to prove they deserve a starting spot, with Morgan and Magennis on the bench and next week Todd coming in, the midfield is going to be tightly contested.

Naismith needs a big game, if he looks as if hes not interested i can see the Saints fans quickly turning on him.

I will continue to support Jack Ross's selection and hope it pays off. COYS

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Or Mallan out wide possibly?

Surprised Webster keeps his place, thought Fjelde or Baird would have came in. Ross must have zero trust in Baird after the Falkirk game

Harsh on Magennis when he's been better than Quinn but good to be able to give him a rest

I hope Ross has told Webster in no uncertain terms the commitment expected of a St Mirren captain.

2 minutes ago, 87Bud13 said:

How can Webster and Clarkson still get near this team!! Honestly after last weeks horror show, the sooner they are out the better. I hope Quinn and Mallan realise they've got to prove they deserve a starting spot, with Morgan and Magennis on the bench and next week Todd coming in, the midfield is going to be tightly contested.

Naismith needs a big game, if he looks as if hes not interested i can see the Saints fans quickly turning on him.

I will continue to support Jack Ross's selection and hope it pays off. COYS

Why would any Saints fan be turning on Naismith just because he has signed a PCA fir next season with a better team. Don't you mean if he has an off day you will be turning on him ?

Morgan is exceptionally unlucky to be dropped, so is Magennis. Though this should mean in no uncertain terms that Clarkson doesn't get off the bench today.

I think Morgan has needed a rest for a few weeks now. Good to bring off the bench with 30 mins left

And agreed that Clarkson shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch today

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why would any Saints fan be turning on Naismith just because he has signed a PCA fir next season with a better team. Don't you mean if he has an off day you will be turning on him ?

I never mentioned anything to do with fans turning on Naismith just because he has signed a PCA with a better team. I was merely stating that if it is clear he is not giving his all or his performance drops then i can see a section of the fans turning. I trust Jason is a professional and will continue to be committed to the cause but i know there are others out there who think he should be dropped. I'm not one of them.