Jack Ross Must Go.

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The only fans talking about 'Sacking The Manager" are the ones who keep saying.... "We can't keep sacking managers"...

is their something Freudian in all that I wonder....??

I think you're overcomplicating this, and misunderstanding the meaning of what you're inferring...

It seems that some are stating, quite clearly, that, no matter what, JR should stay as manager for next season.

If you were running a business and had made a few wrong choices would you then stick with your new manager even if the business was heading into oblivion?

If so, maybe running a business, or understanding business, is something you should re-evaluate.

#affyerheid :1eye

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems that some are stating, quite clearly, that, no matter what, JR should stay as manager for next season.

If you were running a business and had made a few wrong choices would you then stick with your new manager even if the business was heading into oblivion?

If so, maybe running a business, or understanding business, is something you should re-evaluate.

Any illustrative examples comparing football to a normal business are largely pointless. 

Continuity is imperative at the moment, and having been the new owners' pick as manager, they should stand by him which wouldserve them well when eventually seeking a new manager, whenever that may be.

Just now, Soctty said:

Any illustrative examples comparing football to a normal business are largely pointless. 

Continuity is imperative at the moment, and having been the new owners' pick as manager, they should stand by him which wouldserve them well when eventually seeking a new manager, whenever that may be.

^^^^^^^^^^ Has no clue. :1eye

Can't even spell his name properly. :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can you show me some evidence of a successful business that sacks a manager every 6 months or so. If any business is to be a success then it needs continuity.

Just now, class of 76-77 said:

Can you show me some evidence of a successful business that sacks a manager every 6 months or so. If any business is to be a success then it needs continuity.

Are you REALLY saying that you stick with a manger when it's quite clear he business isn't working?

Please, get real. :blink:

Guest TPAFKATS

Don't see how this conjecture and whataboutery is in anyway helpful at this stage of the season.
We are in the shite, let's all do what we can to try and get out of it.
We can assess the coaching and playing staff at the end of the season (whenever that might be)

We certainly have continuity.

Continuity in the sense that results and performance are continually hopeless and have been since Ross arrived. We are remarkably consistent in that regard. It's quite possible we will go 10 points adrift at the bottom tomorrow, which is further behind than we've ever been. Continuity indeed.

Almost 6 months he's been here now. Similar tenure to TC and Murray. Both of them were (rightly) chased out the club despite having as many league wins as Ross. Yet JR is getting a free pass... just cause?

Funny old game.

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Continuity in the sense that results and performance are continually hopeless and have been since Ross arrived. We are remarkably consistent in that regard. It's quite possible we will go 10 points adrift at the bottom tomorrow, which is further behind than we've ever been. Continuity indeed.

Almost 6 months he's been here now. Similar tenure to TC and Murray. Both of them were (rightly) chased out the club despite having as many league wins as Ross. Yet JR is getting a free pass... just cause?

Funny old game.

Continuity means absolutely nothing unless we have some improvement.

Banded about by the airy fairies while the business/club slides into oblivion.

Now, winning some games, then I'd say keep the manager who was delivering this.

Edited by faraway saint

36 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Funny old game.

Ok if you successive managers harming the club at some point it needs to stop......

JR has the above you mentioned plus Teale, plus Goody leaving plus a new Chairman, he needs more than 5 months to sort................ also sometimes you need to go back to go forward.......... as long as you learn what got us in this mess

^^^^^^^^^^ Has no clue. :1eye
Can't even spell his name properly. [emoji38]

Time is important for any manager, especially one taking over a club that has been plummeting in recent years, changing managers every few months.

Hopefully there are more sensible people on the board than on the forum...

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Time is important for any manager, especially one taking over a club that has been plummeting in recent years,

There has been some continuity in this respect right enough.

Agreed. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Time is important for any manager, especially one taking over a club that has been plummeting in recent years, changing managers every few months.

Well there are some complete f4nnies on the forum so the bar isn't that high to be fair

21 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sorry for picking on you sergie lots of people have said this but whilst its true, when I started supporting ST Mirren we were in the old Second Division and that that was the bottom league. We couldn't go any further down,so Modern League one won't be the worst we've ever been so whilst it will be unpleasant to get relegated we still have a bit to go before we are Rock Bottom.

Managers have to learn their trade somewhere and whilst many believe JR is out his depth in the Championship, He has had some experience in League one and by all accounts was doing well enough to attract our attention. Whilst many claim the teams performances have improved under his leadership everyone agrees his teams have not yet learned how to  secure league points. We have gone through lots of players during his reign and he still has to find a winning formula. Many of his new signings are loans and probably won't be available next season. In our financial state it makes sense to keep him to the end of the season. If we stay up. Hopefully he will have learned and can take the team forward. If we go down hopefully he can call on his previous experience, gain some confidence from being back at a level he can cope with and then progress to a higher level thus rewarding our loyalty after keeping him in post.

If he shows no sign of improvement in league one. Then we get shot of him but I don't think we have any option other than to trust him meantime. We can't afford to sack managers every five or six months. Give the JR a chance to learn his profession.

That's my opinion         :withstupid

Ok we can agree to disagree on that point, that mostly comes down to the league structure at the time. Maybe a better way for me to phrase it then is we have never been in the 3rd tier.

Still the worst season in decades, probably since 1967 but we still have a slim chance of getting out this mess. 

Yep we can't keep letting managers build their own team then bin them months later for someone else to try and win games with the old managers team.

I think JR should have focused on making us hard to beat first and foremost and build it from there. We are still conceding too many goals and we don't really look good enough to score 3 every week to have a chance of winning league games.

21 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

I think JR should have focused on making us hard to beat first and foremost and build it from there. We are still conceding too many goals and we don't really look good enough to score 3 every week to have a chance of winning league games.

I agree in essence with your point but hopefully that is part of JR's plan. Due to his inexperience he possibly believed playing nice football would do that. It hasn't and hopefully he is not going to do a Mark Warburton who had no strategy other than plan A and if that doesn't work do plan A better. JR better learn to fit more than one string to his bow if he is going to be a success. Time will tell but the reality is we can't afford to do anything else but give him time. If he doesn't cut the mustard after a reasonable settling in period then I hope the board have a Plan B.

Until then JR needs to think hard about his approach, learn, adapt and stop getting beat or Plan B awaits him.

Up till then we support him and cut him some slack.

:withstupid   COYS

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Funny old game.

Different board with another mindset and potentially an awareness of that years of chopping and changing managers hasn't worked.  You used to have a positive outlook and an open mind.  It is indeed a funny old game.

29 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I agree in essence with your point but hopefully that is part of JR's plan. Due to his inexperience he possibly believed playing nice football would do that. It hasn't and hopefully he is not going to do a Mark Warburton who had no strategy other than plan A and if that doesn't work do plan A better. JR better learn to fit more than one string to his bow if he is going to be a success. Time will tell but the reality is we can't afford to do anything else but give him time. If he doesn't cut the mustard after a reasonable settling in period then I hope the board have a Plan B.

Until then JR needs to think hard about his approach, learn, adapt and stop getting beat or Plan B awaits him.

Mate, read this a lot. Would you like examples of " experienced car crashes" and "inexperienced successes"

For me, its about the flow of the club.................. if its as one..... Ross C, Bournemouth, so on, or totally fragmented Us, Sevco, Coventry, Blackpool, . Blackburn, then that's the overwhelming factor.

If we look at good ole Fergie, he was so bullish, headstrong that he made things happen, a true legend, Fitzy was a pleaser, Danny was a worrier, TH was a teacher, what they all had was a BOD that went with their flow , for a while...... JR also has this

We all desperately want him to succeed, and for him, this season and next season is his career, I see that every time I see him, he cares........

So yes lets cut him slack  and ye lets get behind him.......

And I really hope we see a Plan A against the Welsh lot..............................

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

Absolutely.

It would be quicker to name those who aren't than those who are.

In my opinion (not that anyone gives a toss about my opinion) if a person does not consider themself a complete fanny then they are not looking at themself hard enough.

Correct Bud twice in one sentence. :lol:

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And I really hope we see a Plan A against the Welsh lot..............................

Like wise. I'll be hitting Paisley around 12.30pm in time for my first refreshment. Hope to have a memorable day. It would be fantastic to have a Plan A that worked. Going down to the third tier would be bad but no matter how professional and well run they are getting gubbed by a Welsh league team would put a bit of a dampener on the old after match celebrations. JR in you we trust. Don't let us down or take us down for that matter.   COYS  :withstupid

Agree the first part of this post. JR's inexperience has been a huge issue. When Rae was sacked we had to shitfest our way to survival this season and then move on to prettier things next year. An experienced head would have done that, JR has tried to be the nice guy and play the right way or something. This naivety has cost us dearly.

I bet if he gets another job with a team in a similar position to ours he will make the team hard to beat and win ugly before anything else. Learn from experience and that, good for him.

The bad news for us is that this great football club will almost certainly be relegated to the third tier for the first time in our 140 year history because we had an apprentice at the controls making mistakes.

Still though, least JR will have learned from it.

Different board with another mindset and potentially an awareness of that years of chopping and changing managers hasn't worked.  You used to have a positive outlook and an open mind.  It is indeed a funny old game.

Awareness of chopping and changing managers hasn't worked? Didn't stop them bagging Rae after 6 league games this season [emoji28]

Thus becoming the first full time team in Britain to sack their manager this season. Holding up the new board as some bastion of managerial stability? Spare me.

My outlook is realistic. Our current position is 11 points from safety in the championship with 13 games to go. Perilous doesn't quite cover it.

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

Agree the first part of this post. JR's inexperience has been a huge issue. When Rae was sacked we had to shitfest our way to survival this season and then move on to prettier things next year. An experienced head would have done that, JR has tried to be the nice guy and play the right way or something. This naivety has cost us dearly.

I bet if he gets another job with a team in a similar position to ours he will make the team hard to beat and win ugly before anything else. Learn from experience and that, good for him.

The bad news for us is that this great football club will almost certainly be relegated to the third tier for the first time in our 140 year history because we had an apprentice at the controls making mistakes.

Still though, least JR will have learned from it.

Awareness of chopping and changing managers hasn't worked? Didn't stop them bagging Rae after 6 league games this season emoji28.png

Thus becoming the first full time team in Britain to sack their manager this season. Holding up the new board as some bastion of managerial stability? Spare me.

My outlook is realistic. Our current position is 11 points from safety in the championship with 13 games to go. Perilous doesn't quite cover it.

Although the current set up is newish in my book it's not in yours TopCat. We have been in a far lower position in my time equivalent to our 4th league part time with just over and under 1,000 fans going through the gates. We have been a club that has been up and down through out our history. Nobody likes our current position and it's still not mathematical we will go down. If we do so be it we will be back at some point we always do.