Jack Ross Must Go.

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where have I defended MacPherson on this thread?

Probably no where but your not exactly jumping to JR's defence and i had to pick on somebody. Why let the truth interfere with anything. I put you in the Gus camp which includes everyone Not in the JR camp.   There Justified   :cheers

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not reading that, maybe you're seeing something that isn't there.

I'm getting that there is, at some point, a point where our current managers performance is assessed rather than, and this is what I'm reading, no accountability while we meander towards a lower league position than we have been for some time.

This point I think is critical as previous managers have been poor/underperforming at a higher level. (AR being the exception but still kept us in this league)

I also don't see a "Gus v JR" competition, mentioned elsewhere, just some supporters who are concerned about our immediate, and long term future.

So you think this is the "point" when we should be making the assessment just after JR has brought in 11 new players last month?

The team on Sunday (in the second half) were certainly not meandering!

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

So you think this is the "point" when we should be making the assessment just after JR has brought in 11 new players last month?

The team on Sunday (in the second half) were certainly not meandering!

:blink:

Did I say "this" is the point?

My view is, and I've already stated this, any assessment should be at the end of the season.

You really need to pay attention rather than making things up.

And, yes, the second half was very pleasing, almost as much as the first half was mind numbingly worrying.

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Probably no where but your not exactly jumping to JR's defence and i had to pick on somebody. Why let the truth interfere with anything. I put you in the Gus camp which includes everyone Not in the JR camp.   There Justified   :cheers

No you didn't, there's an old saying "Better to say nothing and let them think you're a fool than open it and prove you are".

th?id=OIP.COdWj9yZAQr7iya9xkPvJAEsCq&w=3

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Not in some cases

If it goes badly wrong on Saturday there will be a few smug people with "I told you so"

Even if we lose nothing is decided, but it becomes harder and less likely to beat the drop. Thats why so many of us are in an agitated state... we want and need a win to fire the belief. Any 90+8 minute trundler of a winning goal off Sutton's backside will do..!

FACT, Jack wins Saturday and then continues to win , keeps us up he is a Legend ( Hate that word) Will get 2 year contract extension

FACT- Loses to Ayr goes 11 points behind, we are down, People on here will call for his sacking - GS will start making enquiries .......... players will start talking to their agents... we will get the "mathematically" line from Jack

Lets be honest we all "hope" Jack can get us out of this mess, however we all "know" he is also a main factor to why we are in this mess, I still think that however bad Raes squad was, it should be better than 2 PT teams squads,

Still I support Jack to do this, if he does we better have learned a huge lesson, if he fails we better have learned a huge lesson.................. Complacency and penny pinching will eventually come back and get ye.................... 

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:blink:

Did I say "this" is the point?

My view is, and I've already stated this, any assessment should be at the end of the season.

You really need to pay attention rather than making things up.

And, yes, the second half was very pleasing, almost as much as the first half was mind numbingly worrying.

Follow your own advice.

I was merely asking if you considered that this is the point where we should be assessing the managers performance. You did notice the question mark at the end of my post did you not?

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FACT, Jack wins Saturday and then continues to win , keeps us up he is a Legend ( Hate that word) Will get 2 year contract extension

FACT- Loses to Ayr goes 11 points behind, we are down, People on here will call for his sacking - GS will start making enquiries .......... players will start talking to their agents... we will get the "mathematically" line from Jack

................ Complacency and penny pinching will eventually come back and get ye.................... 

Re your last line, I have previously been assured that "The Rythm" was going to do as you describe?

And going by your first two points it seems like you are suggesting a "Fact Hunt" will determine our future..? I suppose McCall is a bit porky these days....

17 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Follow your own advice.

I was merely asking if you considered that this is the point where we should be assessing the managers performance. You did notice the question mark at the end of my post did you not?

Oh dear, when you start focusing on a question mark you really are struggling...........................aren't you? :rolleyes:

:wink:

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Not in some cases

If it goes badly wrong on Saturday there will be a few smug people with "I told you so"

I'm convinced some posters on here wont be too disappointed if we fail to win on Saturday, or even pleased for that matter, 

there agenda against JR has been running for too long now they'd find it hard to admit there wrong even though he's 

just begun to get his own team on the park, which for some strange reason they still find it hard to comprehend,

It's fcuking embarrassing reading this thread at times especially just days away from our biggest game of the season..

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I get you like Ross and i dont want or need to try and burst that bubble, but c'mon.... what club, rooted to the bottom of their league ever recruits a manager and says his remit is to "see how he gets on"..?

my problem with Ross isn't personal,he seems a nice, genuine dedicated bloke, that said so far he hasnt proved to be "better" than we had, or even been challenged to deliver league survival! The only hint of a measure of his performance thus far has been "lets see how he gets on next season"....

in any business, commercial, public, private or third sector venture that completely measureless brief would not be sanctioned! Ross like the rest of us needs target and stretch goals to aim for, they need to be realistic, and time bound, not open and seemingly endless. He needs to know he is under pressure to perform, be constantly appraised of his performance with goals reset if appropriate. Its called performance management, give me a couple of hours with him and I will agree realistic goals for this season, how and when they will be reviewed, subsequent action plans including personal development.

Well what are they?  I'm all ears...

I'm convinced some posters on here wont be too disappointed if we fail to win on Saturday, or even pleased for that matter, 
there agenda against JR has been running for too long now they'd find it hard to admit there wrong even though he's 
just begun to get his own team on the park, which for some strange reason they still find it hard to comprehend,

It's fcuking embarrassing reading this thread at times especially just days away from our biggest game of the season..

What a load of bollocks, who would want their team to get beat? It's guys like you that are hiding & wont face the fact that Jack Ross has a big part to play where we are right now. The league position tells us that. Still in our hands though, we play our part now down to Jack & the players.

21 minutes ago, ged62 said:

What a load of bollocks, who would want their team to get beat? It's guys like you that are hiding & wont face the fact that Jack Ross has a big part to play where we are right now. The league position tells us that. Still in our hands though, we play our part now down to Jack & the players.

I don't think anyone would want their own team to be beaten but even you can't deny that some will use a defeat to further whatever agenda they may have.

I don't think anyone would want their own team to be beaten but even you can't deny that some will use a defeat to further whatever agenda they may have.

I should hope not, personally I like Jack want him to get us out this mess but up until now dosent look like it. [emoji30]

Must admit, under Tommy Craig, the thought did occur to me once or twice that maybe if we lose this one, it would see him pumped - which I reckoned would be a price worth paying to see him out the door.

I do not feel that at all in our present position and with the current manager. The stakes are too high for the future of the club itself to actively hope for a loss to hasten the departure of the manager, even if you don't like him.

Came across this in the DVD Shop.

Football Manager Jack Ross and his Captain Steve McGinn have a dream. They have to save their team from relegation and oblivion. Left with a disastrous squad of players by the previous Manager who had been tainted with Old Firm disease they set out to rescue the club which has been in free fall for Seasons.

Things don’t go well initially and the ghost of Gus McPherson comes back to haunt them. With only two wins in fifteen games the fans are screaming for Jacks blood and demanding the return of Gus.

Unwilling to give up Jack calls on McGinn and nine other players who are all down on their luck. Against all Odds Jack takes his club to two cup Finals and leads them through a serious of must win games to secure league survival.

This true story begins at Ayr on Saturday don’t miss this against all the odds movie that’ll have you screaming and leaping out of your seat.

Coming to various Scottish football stadiums soon

A Gordon Scott Production that you just want to come true.

JV.png

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Anyone who has an agenda its not a supporter.................. we lose the agenda is League 1 and a very uncertain future