Jack Ross Must Go.

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, just reality.

I don't but into "blind faith", I go with facts.

The facts at that time we were in deep doo doo and only heading one way.

As I said, everything changes, now we have shown real promise, not just airy fairy pish, so this is what we should be using for the future.

Sunday, well, nothing t lose but there's a decent chance of an upset.

Next weeks game against Raith, that's the real crunch.

Win that and it seriously game on so let's hope we continue our current run of form.

Everything started to change as soon as he was able to sign his players .

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS if we get out of this mess then gloat away.

If we don't well you, and a few others, deserve any gloating that comes your way.

It's early days, we have some REAL hope.

Stay calm, if you want to gloat, wait until it's a done deal.

We have a fantastic team now that Jack has built, you should go and see them sometime. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Dear oh dear, the words of a fool, you have changed or the drink has consumed you more than Shull thinks. :lol:

Yes only a fool would think you'd go and watch the team that Jack has built before giving an opinion on the job he's doing. 

Whether we stay up or not there's absolutely no doubt that Jack has identified our weaknesses and addressed them.

Now to use a phrase that TC uses to gloat, "if we keep playing like that we'll be fine."

Just now, Kendo said:

Yes only a fool would think you'd go and watch the team that Jack has built before giving an opinion on the job he's doing. 

Whether we stay up or not there's absolutely no doubt that Jack has identified our weaknesses and addressed them.

Now to use a phrase that TC uses to gloat, "if we keep playing like that we'll be fine."

:lol:

Indeed, only a fool...........................well, join the queue.

I prefer to look at the facts, and the facts are we are in with a shout now.

The facts previously, without all the bluff and bluster, were, we were in a great position of going down.

All the perceptions mean nothing, only the fact we are still in the shit but, after the last 2 games, especially tonight as HIbs are a decent team, we have a chance.

If you're so sure stick a wad on as big as your mouth on us escaping.

I've done that a few times, cost me plenty.

PS I had us on to draw tonight, cnuts cost me again. :lol:

Hope has returned....

We always kept the Faith...

now Charity in the form of Fanny-Baws Lennon and Ambrose have visited...

there is a lot to do, we still need to have as an absolute minimum two more wins than Ayr and at least equal draws to pass them. That said at the end of the Dunfermline game next week, we may well have a floundering Raith in our sights, who will be worried then they were forced to play After passing up the chance to bring in a keeper agsinst Ayr???

anyway here is a picture from the future of Stelios chasing down Scott Brown in our cup game...

"You gon' learn today"

IMG_1244.JPG

39 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Div Please can we kill this bloody stupid thread or rename it Jack must stay 

No way it must stay as a reminder of how daft some people are. Demanding the manager gone before he signs his own players is laughable. This thread is good laughter material.

we're currently 5pts adrift at the bottom of the league

let's save any praise for jack ross until he actually has us in a position of safety

interesting to think back that drew didn't want us to sign Stephen mcginn as we had too many midfielders :lol:

and Calum gilouley or whatever the clown is called, said jack ross needed a pre season in order to get his signings to gel, "you know, to work on free kicks and stuff" :lol:

With the dust, and beer settled down again since Saturday wonder what everyones thoughts are on how Jack's signings are faring? 

McGinn and Davis are solid, Smith ok,  then for me it really starts to tail off: O Brien has had a couple of shockers, Stelios having been moved from where he was being effective has gone off the boil, Eckersley adds nothing going forward and had another anonymous day, Loy, Todd, Fyjelde and Storie are already bit part, to no part players.

in fact if Irvine wasnt playing on Saturday we would have had no forward drives, McGinn was ineffective by his standards and like the Raith game the opposition managers know we play the majority down our right, so they just pack that out which Dunfermline did without even trying to press their own game.

has Jack exhausted his shape and formations? When we are up against Ayr and Dumbarton they are just going to sit behind the ball and take their chances on a set piece, mistake or counter. We need to be able to switch it across the field at pace to open teams up. ironically this is what Stelios when played down the left did against Hibs, and helped support against Ayr, but for some reason Jack has abandoned that fruitful avenue of attack.

Edited by Lord Pityme

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the dust, and beer settled down again since Saturday wonder what everyones thoughts are on how Jack's signings are faring? 

McGinn and Davis are solid, Smith ok,  then for me it really starts to tail off: O Brien has had a couple of shockers, Stelios having been moved from where he was being effective has gone off the boil, Eckersley adds nothing going forward and had another anonymous day, Loy, Todd, Fyjelde and Storie are already bit part, to no part players.

in fact if Irvine wasnt playing on Saturday we would have had no forward drives, McGinn was ineffective by his standards and like the Raith game the opposition managers know we play the majority down our right, so they just pack that out which Dunfermline did without even trying to press their own game.

has Jack exhausted his shape and formations? When we are up against Ayr and Dumbarton they are just going to sit behind the ball and take their chances on a set piece, mistake or counter. We need to be able to switch it across the field at pace to open teams up. ironically this is what Stelios when played down the left did against Hibs, and helped support against Ayr, but for some reason Jack has abandoned that fruitful avenue of attack.

I think McGinn is class but he didnt really shine on Saturday. Davis looks a real find. Smith is beginning to look a we bit frustrated .

O`brien is like any other young keeper, extremely hot or cold . Havent seen enough of Fjelde or Todd yet .

Storie was brilliant in the Dundee game but where does he fit now with McGinn in a similar role ?  

Stelios has talent and bags of energy but i`d have Eckersley as a LB all day over him ,yet he (stelios) was building a great partnership with wee Morgan & seems a bit lost at RB /RM. Loy for me has been the let down in my opinion. I know he has been in & out more than the hokey cokey but he was brought in as a striker yet seems reluctant to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Overall , happy enough with how the new guys have performed , they just need to find an extra 10% on a regular basis.

51 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think McGinn is class but he didnt really shine on Saturday. Davis looks a real find. Smith is beginning to look a we bit frustrated .

O`brien is like any other young keeper, extremely hot or cold . Havent seen enough of Fjelde or Todd yet .

Storie was brilliant in the Dundee game but where does he fit now with McGinn in a similar role ?  

Stelios has talent and bags of energy but i`d have Eckersley as a LB all day over him ,yet he (stelios) was building a great partnership with wee Morgan & seems a bit lost at RB /RM. Loy for me has been the let down in my opinion. I know he has been in & out more than the hokey cokey but he was brought in as a striker yet seems reluctant to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Overall , happy enough with how the new guys have performed , they just need to find an extra 10% on a regular basis.

He was the captain of Crewe, and the only reason he's here, was he wanted out because his dad left.

Unfortunately for us, I think he will be playing at a much higher level than we will next season.

Would love to be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

McGinn was suffering from illness last week but asked to be considered for selection............I'd agree he didn't shine but didn't think the game passed him by either. Hopefully recovered by Wednesday night.