Jack Ross Must Go.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, shull said:

Some love to get it right up fellow Buddies and abuse them .

Strange behaviour against decent Buddies who are giving an honest opinion.

You've obviously blanked out your own spectacularly entertaining meltdown that earned your place in the excellent sin bin.

The word hypocrite springs to mind.

Edited by FTOF

44 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You've obviously blanked out your own spectacularly entertaining meltdown that earned your place in the excellent sin bin.

The word hypocrite springs to mind.

Lessons learned and apologies made.

Try it :)

I keep reading the insults and the abuse and how much JR has improved us...

Then I keep looking at the league table and...

We are still bottom. We will be bottom on the morning of the 1st of April.... no fool.

He's been here since the start of October. If he's such a great manager, why are we still 10th?

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We are still bottom. We will be bottom on the morning of the 1st of April.... no fool.

He's been here since the start of October. If he's such a great manager, why are we still 10th?

Do you want Jack Ross to do well ? 

Do you want Jack Ross to do well ? 

Of course.

As I said before the manager was appointed, the simple goal for whoever got the job was to keep us up.

So far, JR hasn't managed to get us off 10th. Despite 6 months in the job and a full transfer window where he was able to bring in his own team.

He's done some sales job though.

Of course.

As I said before the manager was appointed, the simple goal for whoever got the job was to keep us up.

So far, JR hasn't managed to get us off 10th. Despite 6 months in the job and a full transfer window where he was able to bring in his own team.

He's done some sales job though.

I'm confident come the end of the season we'll be safe . Why not reserve judgement till then ? 

I'm confident come the end of the season we'll be safe . Why not reserve judgement till then ? 

I'm just repeating posts I made when AR was sacked.

Why was he sacked? Cause we were bottom. What was the new managers objective? Get us off bottom.

Simple really. And not too hard either. We were what, (from memory) 4 points off bottom when we changed manager.

And we were chasing clubs with a fraction of the budget of ourselves. Teams like Ayr and Dumbarton simply couldn't get players like Loy, McGinn and Smith. Their budget doesn't stretch that far, ours does.

Yet despite this... they're all still ahead of us. Despite all these favouring factors, we are still 10th.

Still 10th and we've played a game more than 9th.

As i said when AR was sacked. The new manager (whoever he is) should be given a contract to the end of the season.

If he keeps us up he should get the summer to build his own team. If he takes us down he should be sacked.

Nothing to add.

Why was he sacked? Cause we were bottom.

What was the new managers objective? Get us off bottom.

Simple really. And not too hard either. We were what, (from memory) 4 points off bottom when we changed manager.

And we were chasing clubs with a fraction of the budget of ourselves. Teams like Ayr and Dumbarton simply couldn't get players like Loy, McGinn and Smith. Their budget doesn't stretch that far, ours does. Yet despite this... they're all still ahead of us.

As i said when AR was sacked. The new manager (whoever he is) should be given a contract to the end of the season.

If he keeps us up he should get the summer to build his own team. If he takes us down he should be sacked.

Nothing to add.

We've made up 11 points . Don't tell me you went to the same school as faraway Saint ? 

The tide has turned . 

Why was he sacked? Cause we were bottom.

What was the new managers objective? Get us off bottom.

And we were chasing clubs with a fraction of the budget of ourselves. Teams like Ayr and Dumbarton simply couldn't get players like Loy, McGinn and Smith. Their budget doesn't stretch that far, ours does. Yet despite this... they're all still ahead of us.

Nothing to add.

Hmmm, yet you start a Jack Ross must go thread 2 months ago..:wacko:

Do we need to do this again? He was left with shite. We are still at bottom but we are now 5 points off 5 place. We are not guaranteed to get out of this but do to you think changing managers in early December would have us in a better position?

8 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Do we need to do this again? He was left with shite. We are still at bottom but we are now 5 points off 5 place. We are not guaranteed to get out of this but do to you think changing managers in early December would have us in a better position?

Probably relegated if that scenario had happened . 

If we had got the appointment right, yes. If we had got an experienced manager in in December I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't be 10th now. But we didn't, and we are.

Getting us off the bottom shouldn't have been that hard, for reasons I have given.

Our playing budget is envy of the likes of Ayr and Dumbarton. They're part time for goodness sake!

I could bump and quote JR's appointment thread if you like? If I had predicted in there that we would be 10th having played a game more than 9th on the 24th of March I'd have been shot down for being too negative. But I would have been right.

I feel there's a lack of appreciation of just how grave our situation is. Let me grant some perspective.

St Mirren have been a football club for 140 years this year. Never in that 140 years. Never never (never) have we been bottom of the second tier in March. Coughlin, Rae, Bone, Craig, Fitzpatrick.... none of them took us to these deep depths.

No matter what happens between now and May, this will have been the worst season in the football clubs long and illustrations history.

32 minutes ago, Hambud said:

No, we're 8 points off 5th place, we're 5 points off Dunfermline in 6th place who have a game in hand and a better GD of 13.

Of our remaining three games we have 3 H2H games against the teams we could realistically catch Ayr, Dumbarton & Raith. The other 4 are against the Hibs, Dundee Utd. Falkirk and Morton.

Like I've said elsewhere it's the time of the season (sic) when form goes out of the window and we'll see who's got the most bottle out of the bottom 4 teams,

If you're asking would we have done better if GLS had given Rae until December then I'd say yes. I think JR started with two hard league games against Hibs & Dundee Utd. both of which we lost followed by meekly surrendering our 17 year run against Morton. After that there were mutterings on the site that not much could be done until the transfer window opened in January (mea culpa) unfortunately JR seemed to think so too and we ended up sleepwalking through Nov., Dec. and much of January until the team started to gel. I'll repeat what I said back in January - if we finish 10th Ross should go.

Edited by Bud the Baker

24 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If we had got the appointment right, yes. If we had got an experienced manager in in December I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't be 10th now. But we didn't, and we are.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better diddums.:lol:

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Why was he sacked? Cause we were bottom. What was the new managers objective? Get us off bottom.

And we were chasing clubs with a fraction of the budget of ourselves. Teams like Ayr and Dumbarton simply couldn't get players like Loy, McGinn and Smith. Their budget doesn't stretch that far, ours does.

Your comment about budgets is valid when you are comparing Celtic and Dundee.

When you are talking about Saints and Dumbarton you just sound ridiculous.

Football is not based on budget at our level.

Beggars belief that this needs said.

Jack will be here regardless of where we finish this season.

He has turned our club around in terms of attitude, personnel, performances and results.

You are the reason fan ownership worries me. The further away from decision making you are the better IMO.

No, we're 8 points off 5th place, we're 5 points off Dunfermline in 6th place who have a game in hand and a better GD of 13.
Of our remaining three games we have 3 H2H games against the teams we could realistically catch Ayr, Dumbarton & Raith. The other 4 are against the Hibs, Dundee Utd. Falkirk and Morton.
Like I've said elsewhere it's the time of the season (sic) when form goes out of the window and we'll see who's got the most bottle out of the bottom 4 teams,
If you're asking would we have done better if GLS had given Rae until December then I'd say yes. I think JR started with two hard league games against Hibs & Dundee Utd. both of which we lost followed by meekly surrendering our 17 year run against Morton. After that there were mutterings on the site that not much could be done until the transfer window opened in January (mea culpa) unfortunately JR seemed to think so too and we ended up sleepwalking through Nov., Dec. and much of January until the team started to gel. I'll repeat what I said back in January - if we finish 10th Ross should go.

I'm not asking if GLS should have given Rea until December. I don't think JR should have been dismissed in December and I still believe that.

Getting us off the bottom shouldn't have been that hard, for reasons I have given.
Our playing budget is envy of the likes of Ayr and Dumbarton. They're part time for goodness sake!

I could bump and quote JR's appointment thread if you like? If I had predicted in there that we would be 10th having played a game more than 9th on the 24th of March I'd have been shot down for being too negative. But I would have been right.

I feel there's a lack of appreciation of just how grave our situation is. Let me grant some perspective.

St Mirren have been a football club for 140 years this year. Never in that 140 years. Never never (never) have we been bottom of the second tier in March. Coughlin, Rae, Bone, Craig, Fitzpatrick.... none of them took us to these deep depths.

No matter what happens between now and May, this will have been the worst season in the football clubs long and illustrations history.

If we'd got the appointment right in May 2014 we wouldn't be in this position. It's a massive what if.
You have campaigned to get rid of every manager since Gus, you may have wanted rid of him as well luckily I don't remember whether you did or not.

I know how shite a position we are in and absolutely this is the worst season I remember in my 30 odd years of following saints but there are mitigating circumstances in my opinion. And again in my opinion only someone very short sighted can't see that changing managers every 3 months isn't working for us.