Jack Ross Must Go.

Another good result today, with Aye st getting results on how we could have done not to have dropped those points against Raith and Dunfermline

Yup disappointing to have lost points in those games but we are still in it and the only thing that will get us all through it is staying strong in the run in. If we all break how can we blame hm the player's and managers for doing th same? Stay strong. We can still get out his.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

We've made up 11 points . Don't tell me you went to the same school as faraway Saint ? 

The tide has turned . 

Whereas it's obvious school and you weren't a marriage made in heaven. :1eye

You don't half talk some shite but that's your prerogative so please let others have an opinion.

Just because others don't choose to follow the majority doesn't make them wrong.

I find your simpleton approach amusing, yet worrying as you seem to think you are better than others.

The "I go, so I'm better" is, frankly, hilarious and tedious.

1 hour ago, Edinbuddie said:

I have to say that the continuing desperation of some to find a negative angle is very impressive.

As is the point scoring by some.

It's all about opinions, right or wrong isn't important, as, more often than not, there is no right or wrong.

The high horse must be getting tired and it wasn't that long ago the JR fan club were setting the scene for a dismal finish to the season that wasn't to be seen as a reason to gloat.

Ironic right enough.

43 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another good result today, with Aye st getting results on how we could have done not to have dropped those points against Raith and Dunfermline

I believe that is known as damning with faint praise.  

Ross will be in charge regardless of what happens this season, time to accept thst and move on.:)

Both sides have equal merit here. Performances may have improved but if we don't stay up Ross has failed in what he was brought into do.

He deserves criticism for failing to get enough results from his appointment until January, that would hopefully see us off the bottom. But some credit for some decent results of late.

Personally I'm yet to see enough to make Ross free of criticism, mainly due to the league games against our relegation rivals that the team has completely failed to compete.

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Whereas it's obvious school and you weren't a marriage made in heaven. :1eye

You don't half talk some shite but that's your prerogative so please let others have an opinion.

Just because others don't choose to follow the majority doesn't make them wrong.

I find your simpleton approach amusing, yet worrying as you seem to think you are better than others.

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Whilst I agree in principle, I flat out refuse to discuss the intricacies of St. Mirren FC or indeed Scottish football with Old Firm fans who chose not to even take a single game in at any time yet who always seem to offer up an opinion on what's good and shite and how to make things better. 

Much the same, I don't see why anyone would even give a single one of your views about our ability or performances any credence when you haven't even bothered your shirt to get to a single game this season when you only live in Arbroath. That's why in my eyes, you're no different to one of those armchair expert Rangers or Celtic fans and as such, just like them,  your musings should be disregarded 100% of the time. 

Not being abusive, just offering up a difference of opinion. 

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

If we had got the appointment right, yes. If we had got an experienced manager in in December I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't be 10th now. But we didn't, and we are.

Getting us off the bottom shouldn't have been that hard, for reasons I have given.

Our playing budget is envy of the likes of Ayr and Dumbarton. They're part time for goodness sake!

I could bump and quote JR's appointment thread if you like? If I had predicted in there that we would be 10th having played a game more than 9th on the 24th of March I'd have been shot down for being too negative. But I would have been right.

I feel there's a lack of appreciation of just how grave our situation is. Let me grant some perspective.

St Mirren have been a football club for 140 years this year. Never in that 140 years. Never never (never) have we been bottom of the second tier in March. Coughlin, Rae, Bone, Craig, Fitzpatrick.... none of them took us to these deep depths.

No matter what happens between now and May, this will have been the worst season in the football clubs long and illustrations history.

More lies / spin to support your agenda or do you just not know the facts?  

At present we sit in 22nd place in Scotland, this is not the lowest the club have ever been.  In season 71/72 we finished in that exact position.

The following season we ended up 23rd.  The next season was the worst in our history when we ended the season in 29th place.  

Lastly in 74/75 we finished 24th.  I'm old enough to have watched all four seasons and remember well this one in particular.  The reason I remember it so well was that there were fans like yourself who thought we should have been closer to the champions Falkirk, and should not have appointed an inexperienced manager but instead went for the tried and trusted.  That inexperienced manager was Alex Ferguson.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Whilst I agree in principle, I flat out refuse to discuss the intricacies of St. Mirren FC or indeed Scottish football with Old Firm fans who chose not to even take a single game in at any time yet who always seem to offer up an opinion on what's good and shite and how to make things better. 

Much the same, I don't see why anyone would even give a single one of your views about our ability or performances any credence when you haven't even bothered your shirt to get to a single game this season when you only live in Arbroath. That's why in my eyes, you're no different to one of those armchair expert Rangers or Celtic fans and as such, just like them,  your musings should be disregarded 100% of the time. 

Not being abusive, just offering up a difference of opinion. 

You do, or maybe you don't, realise I was in Saudi Arabia since last July?

I hope this helps your opinion, as we are all allowed them, irrespective of our location or attendance.

Also, if you paid attention, you would notice I don't comment on our performances, only our predicament.

Not being abusive, just clarifying things for you as you seem to require some assistance.

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I hope this helps your opinion, as we are all allowed them, irrespective of our location or attendance.

Also, if you paid attention, you would notice I don't comment on our performances, only our predicament.

Not being abusive, just clarifying things for you as you seem to require some assistance.

Don't justify yourself to RANKPULLERS. :lol:

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'll give you that, you're rarely outright abusive, unlike your old pal above who really ought to know better at his age.

My point stands, irrespective of location or attendance that your disparity to other folk on here for having the temerity to show a bit of optimism and faith is a quite a poor show....in my opinion. I still personally wouldn't fully engage you on matters related to St. Mirren as you haven't seen us at all this season and as such, there's no point in being drawn into a debate with someone who isn't fully aware of the picture.., much like I wouldn't engage the Rangers supporter in my work who claimed a few months ago without irony that he could turn results around on the park at SMFC if he was manager by 'going in there and booting their arses'.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll give you that, you're rarely outright abusive, unlike your old pal above who really ought to know better at his age.

My point stands, irrespective of location or attendance that your disparity to other folk on here for having the temerity to show a bit of optimism and faith is a quite a poor show....in my opinion. I still personally wouldn't fully engage you on matters related to St. Mirren as you haven't seen us at all this season and as such, there's no point in being drawn into a debate with someone who isn't fully aware of the picture.., much like I wouldn't engage the Rangers supporter in my work who claimed a few months ago without irony that he could turn results around on the park at SMFC if he was manager by 'going in there and booting their arses'.

Good grief .

Supporter of the Century above.

I'll need to try that in my Cab. :lol:

Quite a few know who I support and engage in conversation about the predicament regarding my Team presently.

Should I tell them to feck up because they havent seen us play.

No, I would prefer to be a decent human being, have the conversation and show good manners.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

I'll need to try that in my Cab. :lol:

Quite a few know who I support and engage in conversation about the predicament regarding my Team presently.

Should I tell them to feck up because they havent seen us play.

No, I would prefer to be a decent human being, have the conversation and show good manners.

I'd prefer you were as well but you've shown yourself up on here far too many times! :lol: 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's rather a poor show that anyone, for whatever reason, who doesn't attend is seen as some lesser supporter or contributor.

It could be geographical, cost or many other reasons why people don't attend, all entirely up to the individual.

It's also audacious to suggest that people who do attend and show optimism and faith are somehow more worthy.

Does paying into the match all of a sudden give some higher level of insight, as it looks like some are still getting a "lift over" because it's clearly not working.

Dragging in the OF is some front when, for some reason, it's more you don't like my views which I am, as is everyone, entitled to.

Aye, it takes all sorts right enough.

12 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

No, we're 8 points off 5th place, we're 5 points off Dunfermline in 6th place who have a game in hand and a better GD of 13.

Of our remaining three games we have 3 H2H games against the teams we could realistically catch Ayr, Dumbarton & Raith. The other 4 are against the Hibs, Dundee Utd. Falkirk and Morton.

Like I've said elsewhere it's the time of the season (sic) when form goes out of the window and we'll see who's got the most bottle out of the bottom 4 teams,

If you're asking would we have done better if GLS had given Rae until December then I'd say yes. I think JR started with two hard league games against Hibs & Dundee Utd. both of which we lost followed by meekly surrendering our 17 year run against Morton. After that there were mutterings on the site that not much could be done until the transfer window opened in January (mea culpa) unfortunately JR seemed to think so too and we ended up sleepwalking through Nov., Dec. and much of January until the team started to gel. I'll repeat what I said back in January - if we finish 10th Ross should go.

Don't agree with that

I don't think anyone was sleepwalking well apart players on the pitch at times

The players weren't good enough or suited to the Championship hence 10 went out

Better players have came in and some players are playing in their preferred positions now

Before he tinkered around trying to get a reaction or a surprise out the squad trying to squeeze out results

He has no longer got any excuses now and has to keep us up to keep his job

He should really as he has put together a decent squad to compete with all teams in the division

We should be looking for a decent result in every game from now on in

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think the supporter who goes has more information at his disposal than the armchair, internet followers who only have other peoples opinions and statistics to feed from. The argument about who is better is purely subjective but I would suggest the fan who actually goes to games is better equipped to give an opinion on the team performance, improvement, effort, spirit, etc than those who don't.

Come the end of the season IF we are tenth. No one will be happy but those go to games will still go and those who don't won't.

You either go and Learn for your self or you monitor other peoples reports and statistics.

Hilarious or tedious     Go or don't go

Jack Ross is the manager

live with it 

COYS.

:withstupid 

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I think the supporter who goes has more information at his disposal than the armchair, internet followers who only have other peoples opinions and statistics to feed from. The argument about who is better is purely subjective but I would suggest the fan who actually goes to games is better equipped to give an opinion on the team performance, improvement, effort, spirit, etc than those who don't.

Come the end of the season IF we are tenth. No one will be happy but those go to games will still go and those who don't won't.

You either go and Learn for your self or you monitor other peoples reports and statistics.

Hilarious or tedious     Go or don't go

Jack Ross is the manager

live with it 

COYS.

:withstupid 

Another who has selective quoting syndrome.

I repeat, I don't comment on the areas highlighted above.

Oh, if I post COYS, do I get brownie points? :lol:

PS I also have never advocated JR should go, only he should be assessed at  the end of the season.

Is that allowed?

Edited by faraway saint