Jack Ross Must Go.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another who has selective quoting syndrome.

I repeat, I don't comment on the areas highlighted above.

Oh, if I post COYS, do I get brownie points? :lol:

Feck I've got 'sqs' what's the cure. Will brownie points cure it?

Maybe getting rid of JR will help.

DR  what's the cure.

"Look at the league table in April and if your tenth sack your manager. If you had sacked him sooner the sqs might have disappeared"

Feck I want a second opinion

"OK then, Shut up, go to games and support your manager till April. That way your team might not finish tenth."

Ideal

COYS

(where's ma Brownie points)

:withstupid

Go to faraway places and support your local team or even do both

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Feck I've got 'sqs' what's the cure. Will brownie points cure it?

Maybe getting rid of JR will help.

DR  what's the cure.

"Look at the league table in April and if your tenth sack your manager. If you had sacked him sooner the sqs might have disappeared"

Feck I want a second opinion

"OK then, Shut up, go to games and support your manager till April. That way your team might not finish tenth."

Ideal

COYS

(where's ma Brownie points)

:withstupid

Go to faraway places and support your local team or even do both

Drunk? :blink:

If you stick your head above the parapet and dare to mention we are still in the automatic relegation spot, we have beat top teams and lost points to those around us etc, etc.... other 'so-called' Saints fans believe they have the right to attack you from their higher moral ground positions.

ffs its a football team supported by thousands of people who all think differently, but can come together as one when the situation arises. For the love of god let people have their opinions, and stop dragging us towards the mentality that 'sevco/shellick' fans have of constant infighting, and harrasing those who have a different opinion to the mob.

no doubt Scott will be along soon to tell me 'Jack Ross will be the manager next season whatever... get used to it' ffs...

14 hours ago, TopCat said:

If we had got the appointment right, yes. If we had got an experienced manager in in December I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't be 10th now. But we didn't, and we are.

You might well be right in your conviction.  I keep coming back to where someone like Gus MacPherson would have taken us next season.  I'm very far from convinced he'd do better for us than JR will next season.  I'm pretty certain in my mind the manager will keep us up barring injuries to key players.  The squad is still not that strong given the injuries to Davis, Quinn, Gordon, Clarkson, McLear and the likes of Webster and Clarkson (again) who were completely shot even last season.

If we had got the appointment right, yes. If we had got an experienced manager in in December I'm absolutely sure we wouldn't be 10th now. But we didn't, and we are.

Getting us off the bottom shouldn't have been that hard, for reasons I have given.
Our playing budget is envy of the likes of Ayr and Dumbarton. They're part time for goodness sake!

I could bump and quote JR's appointment thread if you like? If I had predicted in there that we would be 10th having played a game more than 9th on the 24th of March I'd have been shot down for being too negative. But I would have been right.

I feel there's a lack of appreciation of just how grave our situation is. Let me grant some perspective.

St Mirren have been a football club for 140 years this year. Never in that 140 years. Never never (never) have we been bottom of the second tier in March. Coughlin, Rae, Bone, Craig, Fitzpatrick.... none of them took us to these deep depths.

No matter what happens between now and May, this will have been the worst season in the football clubs long and illustrations history.

Aye... Experience guarantees results... Unless you are Davie Hay... Terry Butcher... and many more. [emoji33]

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Aye... Experience guarantees results... Unless you are Davie Hay... Terry Butcher... and many more. emoji33.png

Our most successful managers are arguably Alex Ferguson, Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson, Danny Lennon and Alex Smith. All of them were relative rookies.

What experienced manager have we had who has had a better record than any of the above? 

10 hours ago, shull said:

I'll need to try that in my Cab. :lol:

Quite a few know who I support and engage in conversation about the predicament regarding my Team presently.

Should I tell them to feck up because they havent seen us play.

No, I would prefer to be a decent human being, have the conversation and show good manners.

Changed man IMHO:shockaroony

Although we are in a dire situation can honestly write I am enjoying the football we are playing under Jack Ross. There is a team trying hard to fight for the cause something for me not seen for a long time a feeling we have something special an air of positivity, go into games where I feel we can win this game. Not experienced that feeling for many years. So well done Jack Ross and the team. Lastly would love to see this thread binned the title of the thread is very poor considering what we are seeing on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I agree with all of that except the binning of this thread. It should be kept at least until the OP has admitted he was wrong which, of course, there is no chance of happening until we are safe.

You should have stopped after that.