Jack Ross Must Go.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It was from us, we played a blinder that day. And cheap beer in the bowling club too!

Haha! I agree that they'll be a dirty mob and try to kill time all game.

however, having Stelios back might actually work in our favour. They play quite a narrow midfield and Stelios should find plenty of space.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hope Stelios gets the jersey, we havent looked as potent since he was inexplicably benched.

Maybe it was explicable but Jack Ross paid you a discourtesy by not calling you up and sharing his thoughts? Shame on him!

He did hint that Stelios was carrying an injury at one point. Also, he is not as strong defensively as either of the other two full backs. The games we have played required a strong defence.

That said, I would have brought him on as soon as Utd went ahead in the cup final with their second goal.

Why ross didn't bring him on is inexplicable! :D

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Maybe it was explicable but Jack Ross paid you a discourtesy by not calling you up and sharing his thoughts? Shame on him!

He did hint that Stelios was carrying an injury at one point. Also, he is not as strong defensively as either of the other two full backs. The games we have played required a strong defence.

That said, I would have brought him on as soon as Utd went ahead in the cup final with their second goal.

Why ross didn't bring him on is inexplicable! :D

I'm really surprised Ross is still here . .:D

Wee Anxious must be too busy. .:P

Thought that as well as JR and JF getting things spot on today and the players playing out of their skins that JR was shrewd with who he brought off today... Mallan has burst back to top form since McGinn signed and would be a huge miss if he'd been on the end of a second tackle which was similar to the one the Ayr player was booked for, and after getting a booking early in the second half and having been elbowed in the face it was a good move to bring MacKenzie off and send on Webster.

Guest TPAFKATS
Thought that as well as JR and JF getting things spot on today and the players playing out of their skins that JR was shrewd with who he brought off today... Mallan has burst back to top form since McGinn signed and would be a huge miss if he'd been on the end of a second tackle which was similar to the one the Ayr player was booked for, and after getting a booking early in the second half and having been elbowed in the face it was a good move to bring MacKenzie off and send on Webster.

I'd have taken Mackenzie off as soon as he was given that ridiculous booking then spoken to by the pompous twat of a ref.
Mind you we lost a goal within a minute of Webster coming on, so mibees JR and JF got it right [emoji14]

Some appear to have reservations about Jack based on not acquiring more wins with the team he inherited. I would only judge him on the team he has created. Just a reminder of what he did  inherit -

Defence

A keeper that lived up to his name and sold many goals costing valuable points. Now 'retired'. Two injury prone centrehalfs that were rarely fit and one centre half signed then loaned out to Alloa. The mainstay in central defence was Jack Baird at 20. No left footed players at all in defence. A left back playing out of position. A right back that had it drummed into him not to cross the half-way line before Jack took over then improved his game substantially earning a transfer in Jan.

Midfield

Hutton now dropped down a league to get a game. Walsh now out of football after being released by us and his parent club. Calum Gallagher now with part-time Dumbarton where he has made 6 appearances. Quinn continuing his injury prone career by being injured most of the season.

Strikers

Clarkson whose legs appear to have gone at just 31. Shankland who looked unfit and overweight. Hardie who maybe Jack could have got more out of as he has now scored 8 goals in the Championship compared to Sutton's 6 goals.

In my eyes Jack inherited a squad not fit for purpose and quickly changed things as much as he could but he had little to work with. Bringing in U20 players was not only a necessity but a masterstroke as they were much better than the loanees of the same age that Rae had brought in. It was no surprise we were bottom of the table and playing some of the worst kick and rush football I have ever seen in the stripes.

Since he dumped many of the above and brought in far better replacements we are now playing exciting football and we can see real progress in performances and results. I cannot judge him on what he inherited but on what he is doing now with his team and not the shambles he was left with.

This thread was started on January 7 before the end of the January transfer window with Jack Ross found guilty, apparently, on the basis that he failed to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Utter nonsense. I can only think that Topcat and the others who agreed with him were on a low ebb at the time and so their judgement was impaired .... or they are just absolute fan**es.  We're still not out of the mire and may yet be relegated but, with Jack's new squad, the football is entertaining and we now have a fighting chance. Whatever happens, I'm perfectly happy for him to be in charge next year.  

8 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

This thread was started on January 7 before the end of the January transfer window with Jack Ross found guilty, apparently, on the basis that he failed to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Utter nonsense. I can only think that Topcat and the others who agreed with him were on a low ebb at the time and so their judgement was impaired .... or they are just absolute fan**es.  We're still not out of the mire and may yet be relegated but, with Jack's new squad, the football is entertaining and we now have a fighting chance. Whatever happens, I'm perfectly happy for him to be in charge next year.  

The thread was started after the first game of the transfer window, when despite assurances at the clubs AGM that we had players ready to sign we all but guaranteed QotS's league safety. I'm as glad as anyone that results have improved over the last two months but we're still bottom of the division, accomplished nothing but glorious failure in the cup competitions and continue to be treated to the same "I'm a better fan than you, 'cos I'm prepared to see us get relegated" posturing from guys like yourself.  It didn't impress me in January and it doesn't impress me now.

6 minutes ago, Girdiorn boy said:

so who do we replace him with then? 

Firstly I wouldn't have sacked AR in September but when we did my choice was Steve Aitken from Dumbarton and would still be my choice as he is the best of the up&comers.

My opinion remains unchanged since January altho' as Oscar Wilde said "consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative".

23 hours ago, Sonny said:

Some appear to have reservations about Jack based on not acquiring more wins with the team he inherited. I would only judge him on the team he has created. Just a reminder of what he did  inherit -

Defence

A keeper that lived up to his name and sold many goals costing valuable points. Now 'retired'. Two injury prone centrehalfs that were rarely fit and one centre half signed then loaned out to Alloa. The mainstay in central defence was Jack Baird at 20. No left footed players at all in defence. A left back playing out of position. A right back that had it drummed into him not to cross the half-way line before Jack took over then improved his game substantially earning a transfer in Jan.

Midfield

Hutton now dropped down a league to get a game. Walsh now out of football after being released by us and his parent club. Calum Gallagher now with part-time Dumbarton where he has made 6 appearances. Quinn continuing his injury prone career by being injured most of the season.

Strikers

Clarkson whose legs appear to have gone at just 31. Shankland who looked unfit and overweight. Hardie who maybe Jack could have got more out of as he has now scored 8 goals in the Championship compared to Sutton's 6 goals.

In my eyes Jack inherited a squad not fit for purpose and quickly changed things as much as he could but he had little to work with. Bringing in U20 players was not only a necessity but a masterstroke as they were much better than the loanees of the same age that Rae had brought in. It was no surprise we were bottom of the table and playing some of the worst kick and rush football I have ever seen in the stripes.

Since he dumped many of the above and brought in far better replacements we are now playing exciting football and we can see real progress in performances and results. I cannot judge him on what he inherited but on what he is doing now with his team and not the shambles he was left with.

Sorry not buying the line Ross is only responsible for the games we won. He had six losses on the trot, and since the turn of the year where results and performances have improved he has dropped crucial points to teams around us that would have seen us off the bottom of the league and above the play off spot. He has a few games left to avoid relegating two clubs in a year, lets hope he can avoid that line on his CV.

Sorry not buying the line Ross is only responsible for the games we won. He had six losses on the trot, and since the turn of the year where results and performances have improved he has dropped crucial points to teams around us that would have seen us off the bottom of the league and above the play off spot. He has a few games left to avoid relegating two clubs in a year, lets hope he can avoid that line on his CV.

He's responsible for it all. Some of us, though, can see past the poor spell where he had players he didn't particularly want, and see more merit in assessing what he's done with the players he did actually want, as this will be the situation going forward - he'll be allowed to sign his own players.

There really is no need to rage against anyone praising him as though you and he are mortal enemies. Let it go and appreciate the turnaround in the club's fortunes lately, and enjoy the great football we've been playing without feeling the need to go over old ground constantly...