Jack Ross Must Go.

Of course Ross is responsible for the games that we've lost since he took charge.

However, only a complete idiot or a total plum nurturing a four month long cream puff could deny that he has been responsible for our excellent winning streak of late.

We may or may not survive, but at least we're doing it with entertaining,quality football and with a fair degree of fight.

On 05/02/2017 at 9:59 AM, Lord Pityme said:

A new day, a new dawn and we still all support the saints. These last three or four years have been the most frustrating in decades as we see our beloved St Mirren in freefall unable seemigly to grasp and hold on to anything or anyone that could help see us stabilise and move forward again.

supporters do what is says on the tin, they are they people who actually support the play, lifestyle, families and income of those charged with getting results. It hurts when we are so poor, the manager at least knows this and says the players need to give the support something to feed off. Sadly its been scraps thus far.

i like Jack Ross, but imo he was the wrong choice given the position we were in, and his relevant experience, and achievements to date as a manager of less than one season. The decision taken to sack Rae should only have been made if he was being replaced by a better, more capable and experienced manager, otherwise whats the point of going to the trouble, expense and upheaval to be worse off?

there are still available more than enough points to at least keep our destiny in our own hands, if Jack and the players can't grasp that chance, we succumb, and more or less the whole first team squad walk at the end of the season do we carry on supporting Jack hoping things will change, or should we accept what he has achieved at that point is a fair indication on what he will go on to being able to achieve?

nobody wants to be banging on about our obvious shortcomings, but we do it because we care, we've got skin in the game, it hurts to see the hope drifting away, and the only way to change that is for Jack and the squad to give us a reaction, play to their actual capability fo 90+mins each week. The brief flashes of that show they are capable, but for reasons perhaps known only to themselves they seem unable or unwilling to commit to the cause that sees us, the supporters turn up time and time again in numbers, when common sense should probably tell us all hope has gone.

is it demanding the absurd, is it treating the manager and players with disrespect to simply hope we can win one game, and the following week do the same??? If that is the definition of being a boo-boy, or as some eejits on here woulld have you believe lack of community spirit, then how many of the three thousand or so hardcore support who actually get along to the games they can, seeking at least some dig are guilty as charged?

I know the usual suspects will be back next week, and the week after, and the week after that too.... isn't about time Jack and the squad turned up every week? Thats all we ask really, anything on top lets be honest is; to a St Mirren fan a big bonus!

On 04/02/2017 at 10:03 PM, Lord Pityme said:

The reality is Ross wasnt up to managing yet at this level, and two clubs are looking like paying the price for his learning curve.

On 06/02/2017 at 3:53 PM, Lord Pityme said:

That made I laugh... the only thing you can say about our form since Ross arrived is that it has remained consistent, and we haven't made any movement in the league table since his arrival. We are still bottom, probably four positive to their four negative results behind Ayr. It is consistency personified!

On 08/02/2017 at 1:09 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Given that Ross has now signed 11 new players all of whom can go at the end of the season, are these the actions of a desperate man who is willing to chop, change and unsettle even his new signings at a point in the season when he should as a minimum know the players up for the fight..?

it will define not only his season, but tenure at this and potentially future clubs if we drop like a stone having spent all that money on short termism... equally if he pulls off a great escape perhaps other managers and clubs will seek to sack and replace their entire squad in the january transfer window if they sense the drop is imminent?

or maybe like Raith, just the management team?

On 09/02/2017 at 10:40 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Aye with Casey Ross at the wheel!

On 09/02/2017 at 2:09 PM, Lord Pityme said:

You ask 'what i would have done'? Then basically re-write my post, posing the same questions. So I dont know what I can add to it?

'players moved on playing at higher level'

'big gamble'

'all change at end of season'

'Ross told us on his appointment, the squad he inherited had enough quality to climb the table'

perhaps Jack can answer what happened to that last quote of his above..?

and i dont know any saints fans that had 'accepted relegation' prior to the January transfer window. Plenty, including me were worried Ross had us going in one direction, but few if any accepted we would be relegated.

On 09/02/2017 at 2:21 PM, Lord Pityme said:

If you consider the club had to borrow £15k a week or so before Jack's Supermarket Sweep to fix the USH, that indicates they had nowt, and now you believe whatever came in for McAllister and Naismith is gone... does that not indicate a lot spent the club previously didn't have? ELEVEN new signings, who can all walk in 12 weeks...

if it works out for him and we stay up, all that cash is gone, will that be a sound return on investment to stay in the second tier of scottish football? Might the more measured approach have been to swap out say four players to get the key poositions sorted, and save most of the transfer income for the next season whichever league that is in???

remember Jack took the job and said the squad we had was good enough, now most of the players shipped out are playing for clubs in a better position than us..! 

Off to the Kingdom of Fife in a couple of days, hopefully we can be in the hat for the next round and get a decent home tie to put some money back into the club.

On 09/02/2017 at 2:53 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Entitled to your opinion, it is an actual, as opposed to a alternative Fact that Rae kept us up with considerably less time and only a few changes last season, whilst Ross took Alloa down with a whimper. We hope his career achievements to date will show a positive this season!

On 09/02/2017 at 5:52 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Other than the left back, aye, but most on here didnt pipe up at Webster, Baird, Mckenzie at CB and Hutton & Quinn as holding midfielders. Indeed most on here thought it was a good squad. It lost one, won three or four cup games, drew three, lost three league games. Add to that how the spine of it performed backend of last season... you have to ask why Ross couldnt get those results out of it?

On 09/02/2017 at 5:56 PM, Lord Pityme said:

I dont think he is bad, i think he is and has been out of his depth. Too many changes to line up and formation, when all we needed was to win ugly. I believe he thought it would be straightforward to get a decent season under his belt, and have a proper go next season. That to me shows his lack of experience, or even the mindset to learn from those who do/have done it dirty & ugly before.

maybe he will learn?

On 10/02/2017 at 10:55 PM, Lord Pityme said:

So by that logic Rae inherited a f**king brilliant squad fron the shit fest that was Ian Murray???

Rae did as was asked, kept is up, won more matches and money, then got sacked after six games.... ooops sorry its only Jack that gets to f**k up, but get another year.. my bad.

On 20/02/2017 at 3:48 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Ross said he could climb the league with the squad he knew he had when he voluntarily signed a contract to manage our club. To continually suggest that it isnt "jack's team" or that now its jack's team they need "time to gel" is disrespectful to the support paying his and the squads wages.

if as suggested he could never have gotten the team he started with to climb the league, then that proves he was the wrong choice and should never have been offered the job. If he cant do it, move on a let someone who can.

On 21/02/2017 at 1:16 PM, Lord Pityme said:

IM..... feck me thats brightened up my day. 

His experience of our current situation is he put us in it last season and Rae dragged his ass oot the fire. Still mind you that wasn't Alex Rae's team last season, and he kept us up, and that wasnt Jack Ross's team at Alloa and he sunk like a torpedoed battleship.

if Alloa's fate last season should befall us this term, will Ross become known amongst the League Managers Association as 'Uncle Albert'..?

On 22/02/2017 at 9:44 AM, Lord Pityme said:

I think i have got a handle on this now... TC and AR both had pre-seasons before getting sacked, AR after only six league games.

Ross has had no pre-season, but twenty three league games and two league wins in his six month tenure. But somehow he isn't responsible for any of this, except when we win a game then its "his" players that were the difference.

is that about right? The only problem I have with that synopsis is the two league games we have won with Ross were with the players all and sundry insist were no use, that he jettisoned, as yet his pick have only let us down.

Now who were the starting eleven in those two games, those guys got two on the bounce!

as its Humpday... time to look forward now to The Big Hobbit match this weekend.... "The Battle Of The Shires"

On 22/02/2017 at 9:54 AM, Lord Pityme said:

This exactly!

otherwise the apparent message to Ross and the squad is it doesn't matter if you fail miserably, we have no plan to manage your performance so you have got a job next season no matter how badly you perform. This approach is going from one extreme of sacking a manager after six games, to the other extreme of 'we are not really bothered how poorly he performs, and how much budget he squanders, even if he relegates us and instigates a massive drop in revenue".....

where's the feckin plan there..?

On 22/02/2017 at 10:21 AM, Lord Pityme said:

I get you like Ross and i dont want or need to try and burst that bubble, but c'mon.... what club, rooted to the bottom of their league ever recruits a manager and says his remit is to "see how he gets on"..?

my problem with Ross isn't personal,he seems a nice, genuine dedicated bloke, that said so far he hasnt proved to be "better" than we had, or even been challenged to deliver league survival! The only hint of a measure of his performance thus far has been "lets see how he gets on next season"....

in any business, commercial, public, private or third sector venture that completely measureless brief would not be sanctioned! Ross like the rest of us needs target and stretch goals to aim for, they need to be realistic, and time bound, not open and seemingly endless. He needs to know he is under pressure to perform, be constantly appraised of his performance with goals reset if appropriate. Its called performance management, give me a couple of hours with him and I will agree realistic goals for this season, how and when they will be reviewed, subsequent action plans including personal development.

On 13/03/2017 at 10:40 AM, Lord Pityme said:

With the dust, and beer settled down again since Saturday wonder what everyones thoughts are on how Jack's signings are faring? 

McGinn and Davis are solid, Smith ok,  then for me it really starts to tail off: O Brien has had a couple of shockers, Stelios having been moved from where he was being effective has gone off the boil, Eckersley adds nothing going forward and had another anonymous day, Loy, Todd, Fyjelde and Storie are already bit part, to no part players.

in fact if Irvine wasnt playing on Saturday we would have had no forward drives, McGinn was ineffective by his standards and like the Raith game the opposition managers know we play the majority down our right, so they just pack that out which Dunfermline did without even trying to press their own game.

has Jack exhausted his shape and formations? When we are up against Ayr and Dumbarton they are just going to sit behind the ball and take their chances on a set piece, mistake or counter. We need to be able to switch it across the field at pace to open teams up. ironically this is what Stelios when played down the left did against Hibs, and helped support against Ayr, but for some reason Jack has abandoned that fruitful avenue of attack.

On 20/03/2017 at 2:32 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Its a funny old game!

at the start of the season we had most posters including your truly believing that the squad assembled was good enough to compete for promotion in this league. One manager got his jotters for getting three points out of his first six games, the new manager lost six on the bounce with the squad we all believed could compete.

in January there is a turnover of 20 players, most of the outgoing (the squad we liked pre season) went on to clubs in a better league, or league position to us and we are still the basement club, but some of us make the nonsensical statement .... " if Jack Ross was here at the start of the season with his current squad we would be fighting for promotion" 

how does that work? Other than it just isnt reality because it never happened, how does it make sense? A number of the January signings (through their own performances) are already proving to be surplus to requirements. Fyelde, Storey, Todd, Stelios and Loy (when he isnt getting a penalty that should have gone to Mallan or McGinn).

add to that since its been 'Jack's Squad' we have lost to QoS, Raith, Falkirk and dropped points against Dunfermline twice, and Dumbarton. Not promotion form in anyones book surely? We have picked up more wins and clean sheets, but we are still inconsistent and vulnerable when pressured. Getting a relegation play off spot would now be a real achievement... how many predicted that back in early August?

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry not buying the line Ross is only responsible for the games we won. He had six losses on the trot, and since the turn of the year where results and performances have improved he has dropped crucial points to teams around us that would have seen us off the bottom of the league and above the play off spot. He has a few games left to avoid relegating two clubs in a year, lets hope he can avoid that line on his CV.

The thing is LP I get your views on Jack Ross as you express them repeatedly. Maybe you do not think anyone reads the thread so you have to reply every time someone posts a contradictory view to your own? That is a lot of hard work but its your time and I have got the message - you do not like Jack Ross as Manager.

He's obviously not a proper supporter if all he wants to do is complain about the manager in a period of time where we have seen possibly the most incredible turnaround in a team and results from start of the season to the end, in our history.

Nothing but positivity at the club now. We've just beaten our closest rivals for relegation 6-2. We don't need people like that around our club. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

The thing is LP I get your views on Jack Ross as you express them repeatedly. Maybe you do not think anyone reads the thread so you have to reply every time someone posts a contradictory view to your own? That is a lot of hard work but its your time and I have got the message - you do not like Jack Ross as Manager.

Funny how the people who complain about someone being consistent in there view are the same ones who continually post decrying that consistent view? You could just not post again, and again, and again, asking for me to not post my view. 

Pot.... Kettle..... Black.... ?

What a fantastic turnaround. The manager and the "new " team have been tremendous but let's not forget the job is not done until we are mathematically safe and we can start to plan for next season. 
The time to celebrate will be when we cannot be caught .:thumbs2 

Agreed, actually, i think we all agree on that.

But isn't it great to now have it in our own hands ? [emoji4]

Plenty of work to do, the old cliche 'one game at a time' comes in to play.

Pleased for all fans though & the tremendous backing they/we give home & especially away.

£5 adults £2 kids last home game, fill the place & promote it online & PDE

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Agreed, actually, i think we all agree on that.

But isn't it great to now have it in our own hands ? emoji4.png

Plenty of work to do, the old cliche 'one game at a time' comes in to play.

Pleased for all fans though & the tremendous backing they/we give home & especially away.

£5 adults £2 kids last home game, fill the place & promote it online & PDE

No f**king way !! :angry:

The above comment was in no way influenced by the fact that I will be on holiday for the last home game .:rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
What a fantastic turnaround. The manager and the "new " team have been tremendous but let's not forget the job is not done until we are mathematically safe and we can start to plan for next season. 
The time to celebrate will be when we cannot be caught .:thumbs2 

It's arithmetically, not mathematically according to Mr T Hendrie [emoji4]

5 months ago we got horsed in Greenock. Last night we blew they away. The difference? The squad is now JR's and not the dross he was left with. Poor Shankland was booed by both sets of fans last night for being useless. Even Jim Duffy hasn't improved Shankland any yet some were expecting JR to somehow get results from players that had poor attitude, workrate and little skill. What a transformation from that last outing with players like Clarkson, Shankland, Hutton, Walsh, Webster, Langfield being replaced with players that want to be a success. If the season had started in January we would be top of it now and coasting towards promotion. Thank f**k we did not replace Rae with the likes of Jimmy Calderwood but appointed JR. Jack Ross Must Go? - yer havin' a laugh.

We were discussing last night after the game that our season started to change after the defeat to qots in early January, though the major impact started as soon as Jack completed all of his own signings going into the start of February. We haven't looked back and it is evident on that basis that half the squad he inherited were just not good enough, or did not have the heart. I think Shankland for one is a stand out example of that.

We can look back on previous January windows and mention the impact the likes of Dorman, Goncalves, Newton etc made, though this may go down as the best window we have worked in.