Jack Ross Must Go.

Got to qualify my support for Jack Ross by stating again that he was indeed my first choice for the job, from when it was clear that Rae wouldn't be here much longer. That being said, I've supported every manager we've had, even Tommy Craig until it became clear it would not be turned around, right at the bitter end. I'm always a bit sad when a manager goes, because it means we're failing and will have the usual change in philosophy and playing staff. I hope we can go on to great things next season and beyond with Jack at the helm. I'm in no doubt we will be in this division next season, and I suspect so are most of us.

Edited by Soctty

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Your final sentence is contradictory in nature, if we'd finished 10th then it wouldn't have been a maga-turnaround.

No. It may not have been enough but Jack has produced a mega turnaround. Few would say we are as bad now as we were under Rae. For a start I love going to games now whereas it was a real chore back in September.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

No. It may not have been enough but Jack has produced a mega turnaround. Few would say we are as bad now as we were under Rae. For a start I love going to games now whereas it was a real chore back in September.

Under Rae..... Braehead shopping was almost an option:huh:

31 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The football has been a pleasure to watch since window. 

My head is sore with your line of questioning. 

OK so you quote my post saying it sums up a lot of posters attitudes and it's disgraceful.

I try to find out why you feel it is disgraceful that I am glad TopCat was wrong and you give me nothing.

If you are going to use my posts as an example of "disgraceful" then at least let me understand why.

Jack's man management skills and popularity within the game will be very important when it comes to this summer's recruitment. Just heard Hamilton captain, Michael Devlin talk about Jack on Sportsound. Devlin was only 16 when Jack was there for a season at the end of his playing career. But he was absolutely glowing in his praise for Jack, how he took the time to speak him and help him where possible. He's getting a reputation in the game as a manager that players want to play for.

Things won't always go perfectly, but the team spirit, the style of football being played and the bond between the fans, the team and club could suggest that we've maybe got ourselves a wee gem here.

11 minutes ago, Edinbuddie said:

Jack's man management skills and popularity within the game will be very important when it comes to this summer's recruitment. Just heard Hamilton captain, Michael Devlin talk about Jack on Sportsound. Devlin was only 16 when Jack was there for a season at the end of his playing career. But he was absolutely glowing in his praise for Jack, how he took the time to speak him and help him where possible. He's getting a reputation in the game as a manager that players want to play for.

Things won't always go perfectly, but the team spirit, the style of football being played and the bond between the fans, the team and club could suggest that we've maybe got ourselves a wee gem here.

The spirit you write of does not come round often,  there is an air of excitement around the fans because what they are seeing on the pitch. I know we have had our moments in the past under T.H , G. McP , DL, but what I see from the fans takes me back to Fergie. Now I'm not saying Jack is Fergie just that the excitement is there like the Fergie days. 

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The spirit you write of does not come round often,  there is an air of excitement around the fans because what they are seeing on the pitch. I know we have had our moments in the past under T.H , G. McP , DL, but what I see from the fans takes me back to Fergie. Now I'm not saying Jack is Fergie just that the excitement is there like the Fergie days. 

I think that's more to do with the "soar" factor. We were so far down that any sane person wrote us off as relegation fodder, myself included, (writing the house that Jack built, not necessarily  the sane part), and now on the verge of achieving something no one's ever done. 7 points adrift at the turn of the year to being in eighth now. A revival akin to the story of Lazarus.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think that's more to do with the "soar" factor. We were so far down that any sane person wrote us off as relegation fodder, myself included, (writing the house that Jack built, not necessarily  the sane part), and now on the verge of achieving something no one's ever done. 7 points adrift at the turn of the year to being in eighth now. A revival akin to the story of Lazarus.

Exactly I agree. The jubilation on the faces of fans just reminded of Fergie days. I did write jack is not Fergie but clearly he is a ( special one ) Can't wait to see what can be achieved next season. When I'm free will take in every game with an air of excitement. The number of people stopping me on Bute asking about the game is unreal. However you have to understand have got to know the old firm supporter's clubs over here from travels on the ferry. Celtic bar in Rothesay is owned by a Saints fan so he promotes us also. Babbering on here apologies still buzzing from last night :)

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm excited IoBS and I'm a big JR fan but we've got a wee bit to go from the days when Fergie could pull 16,357 through the turnstyles for a second tier team. If Jack can keep us up and compete next season hopefully we'll smash the 7,542 attendance record at the new stadium. Well fill it to it's 8023 capacity.

:withstupid

8023 That's a fecking weird number