Jack Ross Must Go.

It's important to remain calm here. We are suffering from losing a few key players to injury and of course Mallan is a big loss. I hope the manager can quickly solve the striking position and allow is to have an outball as presently it's not sticking. I think we also need to find a couple of really physical players as today it looked like men versus boys. Thistle were faster passed it better and quickly and often tore us apart.  At present though we will do well to finish 6/7th. NEED more quality than what we have at present. 

Edited by norrie82

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Does anyone think we are in a better position than we were a year ago?

If so, why?

Yeah , I do . Alex Rae was our manager last year . That all that needs to be said . 

Yeah , I do . Alex Rae was our manager last year . That all that needs to be said . 

More points in the league, higher position in the league, more points in the league cup.

By every measurable factor we were better off this time last year.

Still though, as you point out, personality and popularity matters.

Ross is the darling that Rae never was.

Alex Rae finished 6th, got 9 points in the league cup and then got (rightly) fired 6 league games into the next season.

Jack Ross finished 7th, the most he can get is 6 points in the league cup.

You set the precedent Gordon.

Tick.

Tock.

2/10

Absolute cringe after the fool you made of yourself last year

49 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I forgot he was lex, he adopted the menacing avatar of Alex from A Clockwork Orange.  I suspect he is somewhat less menacing than that in person.

Probably a fat Virgin with nothing better to do with his time 

After today's result and more importantly the performance it is a reality check nothing more. Partick played out their skins and along with us playing well below what we are capable of it was a fair result. Should we talk about replacing the manager that would be insane.

Jack Ross will look at today and realise he may need another couple of players. I would rather get these results out the way and learn from them before the season starts.

My prediction for the season ahead would always have been if we make the playoffs we have had a good season. Until the league starts nothing will change my optimism that we can't make the playoffs and I will only review that after the 1st round of league games.

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

After today's result and more importantly the performance it is a reality check nothing more. Partick played out their skins and along with us playing well below what we are capable of it was a fair result. Should we talk about replacing the manager that would be insane.

Jack Ross will look at today and realise he may need another couple of players. I would rather get these results out the way and learn from them before the season starts.

My prediction for the season ahead would always have been if we make the playoffs we have had a good season. Until the league starts nothing will change my optimism that we can't make the playoffs and I will only review that after the 1st round of league games.

I share this opinion 

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

You obviously haven't read the forum rules. This is no place for being sensible and balanced.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

More points in the league, higher position in the league, more points in the league cup.

And performances on the park . Were you in a coma from February to May? 

Didn't hear much from you then . 

Are you seriously suggesting you would rather have Rae in charge as opposed to Ross ? 

And performances on the park . Were you in a coma from February to May? 
Didn't hear much from you then . 
Are you seriously suggesting you would rather have Rae in charge as opposed to Ross ? 

Posted in every single match thread between those times.

If Rae hadn't been sacked I'm certain todays disgrace wouldn't have happened and that we would have finished with more points than we did last years

And Rae was a hopeless manager that needed emptied.

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

I don't think TopCat will ever be happy until this thread comes to fruition... 

The guy is an absolute weapon to be fair, when you have ex professional players and pundits saying that Jack Ross is 1 of the best up and coming young managers around then I know who's word I'm going to take. 

TopCat is having an absolute howler.

Edited by JJ McG

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

The guy is an absolute weapon to be fair, when you have ex professional players and pundits saying that Jack Ross is 1 of the best up and coming young managers around then I know who's's word I'm going to take. 

TopCat is having an absolute howler.

It's cool for you to criticise though ? 

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If Rae hadn't been sacked I'm certain todays disgrace wouldn't have happened and that we would have finished with more points than we did last years

Did you give Ross and the team the plaudits they deserved though ?

33 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Even by your standards, it is completely barking mad to be trying to judge Jack Ross on how many points we have in the league before the season has even started!

24 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I see you've got an eye for a player as much as a manager .

image.jpeg

Look I said at the start of this depressing thread a didn't think Jack should have got the job. Did I hold my hands up and say a got it wrong. I did on a few occasions. What he done between Feb-May was unbelievable and because of that we should only consider his removal if we are 10 points behind at the bottom of the league at Christmas.

He has showed loyalty by staying with us which most managers wouldn't in this day and age.

I will say this again that I will only judge after the 1st round of league games and talk of replacing him is crazy.

I am still optimistic of challenging for the playoffs.

COYS

Even by your standards, it is completely barking mad to be trying to judge Jack Ross on how many points we have in the league before the season has even started!

Of course if you had read the post you'd realise I was talking about league points last season.

We got more points in 15/16 than we did in 16/17.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Alex Rae finished 6th, got 9 points in the league cup and then got (rightly) fired 6 league games into the next season.

Jack Ross finished 7th, the most he can get is 6 points in the league cup.

You set the precedent Gordon.

Tick.

Tock.

You are a parody of yourself now.