Jack Ross Must Go.

Maybe we need even more reality checks to work out why a swathe of Ross's signings just arent capable of helping us to challenge at the topmof the second tier in Scottish football.

on a different note with both Goody  and Danny L attending the 140 year Anniversary bash thats half the shortlist for interviews sorted well in advance-_-

edit: just did a rough (if anyone has a definitive total please share it) add up of Ross signings in January and since which includes players who re-signed this summer and I make it 26..... 26 ffs and we cant field a side to Beat Alloa or Livi..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe we need even more reality checks to work out why a swathe of Ross's signings just arent capable of helping us to challenge at the topmof the second tier in Scottish football.

on a different note with both Goody  and Danny L attending the 140 year Anniversary bash thats half the shortlist for interviews sorted well in advance-_-

edit: just did a rough (if anyone has a definitive total please share it) add up of Ross signings in January and since which includes players who re-signed this summer and I make it 26..... 26 ffs and we cant field a side to Beat Alloa or Livi..!

Ross needs time and support as do the players. Yes agree about summer recurrent have concerns. This not the time to throw in the towel when one league game has been played. 

I came off the forum after being touted as a fullarton plant (giving honest opinions I thought)...but popped my head in after yesterday to see the reaction 

Anyone who wants JR binned just now needs to give their head a wobble. I criticised the 'linkedin' recruitment ad...and I still do ...and havent been blown away by the summer signings so far...but they are HIS signings and this will be HIS team shortly so let him get judged on that. Its far too early in the season to go mental.

Ross has shown that he cant talk well and clearly isnt a dafty and has shown that he can put a team out that can compete ,that previously weren't.

Any manager will live and die by his signings whether its staff or players and JR is no different.

I think the guy will get it right ...and if he doesnt then results will dictate whether he stays...thats just football I'm afraid 

Edited by STGBuddy

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

It is July and a handful of games yet you are asking for a reality check on why a swathe of players just aren't capable?  How many games has our new young goalkeeper played? Do we judge any new player on 2-3 games when some of our best performers between Feb and May have performed just as poorly v Dundee, RC and yesterday? Unfair to be so critical towards guys stepping up and adjusting to the pace of higher league football and we need to perhaps give them a few more games before writing them off as bad signings. I know it hurts and it is worrying but I trust in Jack and when our injured players are back plus a few more signings we may see a more settled and improved team.

I was a season ticket holder up until I moved to Bangkok last March. It was great to watch Jack give us the great escape. Watched last few games on St Mirren TV. My Thai friends couldn't understand why I was sweating when Hibs went 1 up! But we survived  

Stevie Mallan leaving, one of those things, I think most fans knew it was going to happen someday.

Jack's clear out in January and at end of season did what a lot of us thought.

Players coming in looked positive step.  loosing Loy was only real,disappointment.

Pre season hype, had us all thinking it was going to be easy  now reality sinking in  

first few results, it looked positive, we all started thinking we are world beaters. Last few results brought us crashing back to earth.  

I for one find Jack's interviews positiv. If that what he saying to,players, all well and good.

lets not reach for the total gloom and doom too,soon.  As St Mirren fans, this the hand life deals us, we have all seen this before.  Come end of September and still crap,  my views may change.  Until then. Let's get behind manager and team.

COYS

19 hours ago, TopCat said:

Of course if you had read the post you'd realise I was talking about league points last season.

We got more points in 15/16 than we did in 16/17.

Yes but as usual you spin it to suit your agenda.  Rae managed Saints in 25 league games winning 30 points a ratio of 40 percent.  Ross to date has 35 points from 27 games a ratio of 43 percent therefore a better record. 

Alex Rae finished 6th, got 9 points in the league cup and then got (rightly) fired 6 league games into the next season.

Jack Ross finished 7th, the most he can get is 6 points in the league cup.

You set the precedent Gordon.

Tick.

Tock.

How sad you are.

Actually quite liked him as a player. Never met him but by all accounts he's a nice fella.

I'm judging him by his performance as St Mirren manager only.

And it's not good enough.

Do you ever wonder why practically no one else in the world agrees with you on this? In some ways I am envious of your single mindedness / ignorance / simplicity / arrogance / stupidity. If it was me I would at least question why I was standing on my own on one side of the fence.

If you ever do wonder, the reason is that other people are giving themselves license to use their brain, whereas you refuse to let yours stray any further than stats.

Or maybe you're just on the wind up. Or you're a stubborn c...

Is this for real? Some of the users on this are totally deluded. 

Our main problem is that because we had a strong finish to last season that means we must be one of the best teams in Scotland. Let's remember who we are for a minute. Not being in a relegation battle for the first time in seasons is progress. Anything more than that is great. 

The fact I haven't sworn on this page is a result. Some of you are not supporters on this, more critics. 

35 minutes ago, smfc_spec_1877 said:

Is this for real? Some of the users on this are totally deluded. 

Our main problem is that because we had a strong finish to last season that means we must be one of the best teams in Scotland. Let's remember who we are for a minute. Not being in a relegation battle for the first time in seasons is progress. Anything more than that is great. 

The fact I haven't sworn on this page is a result. Some of you are not supporters on this, more critics. 

No - this is the Championship we should be finishing 6th minimum anything worse is "below par".

We should be competing for a promotion play off spot. 

If anything last season we were just as much looking to finish in a play off place under AR. The difference this time is, i believe, that we have a much better manager. Anything less than the play off places will be a failure IMO and that's the least Jack Ross will be looking for i have no doubt..

No change in management required. Saturday was terrible, but I still have faith in this manager and group of players. I think we need a striker, but the manager realises this and is trying to address it. For what it's worth, I think Reilly will score goals this season, just need another option, Stewart looks decent, but still very raw. Still think we'll be fine.

Tolighten the mood a little who fancies a game of.....

Jack Ross Bingo!

we need at leadt fifteen words/phrases associated with Ross to make the game, here are a few to start the list.

Reality Check - (i know its on almost everyones lips, after every game now it seems)

Listen, I am not using it as an excuse - (aye yir maw)

I have to apologise to our supporters who have come out/travelled in numbers - (getting used as much as number one on the list these days)

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tolighten the mood a little who fancies a game of.....

Jack Ross Bingo!

we need at leadt fifteen words/phrases associated with Ross to make the game, here are a few to start the list.

Reality Check - (i know its on almost everyones lips, after every game now it seems)

Listen, I am not using it as an excuse - (aye yir maw)

I have to apologise to our supporters who have come out/travelled in numbers - (getting used as much as number one on the list these days)

Lord Petit Moi Top Tip:

Lighten the mood by simply pissing off and giving us all a rest from your endless stream of tedious pish.

There's a good lad.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

To add to the list...

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise -
When Jack gets his own team - (apparently 26 signings still doesn't qualify yet to be 'Jack's Team'

Out of interest, can you list the 26 signings Jack has made?

Out of interest, can you list the 26 signings Jack has made?

Mate, let it go. Its not worth the airtime. Sure, the forum is about opinions and debate, maybe even the odd heated one to keep us all going though the cold winter months but this guy just takes the opposite view on topics simply to draw attention to himself.

He posts shite, people respond calling it it out and he posts even more shite like some nauseating ouroboros.

You've got better things do be doing surely?