Jack Ross Must Go.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon superfan dont go all coy on me.

BTW Ross has made 26 signings, (fact) but people still suggest he hasnt got his own squad yet. Lets see how we square up to Airdrie for purpose, professionalism and passion. Then bring on those cheating Jeremy Hunt's from Grangemouth!

1. He didn't make 26 signings you gibbering simpleton.

2. Show me a post where someone suggests he hasn't got his own squad yet.

3. I agree with your implication that we lacked purpose, professionalism and passion against Thistle and Livingston.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon superfan dont go all coy on me.

BTW Ross has made 26 signings, (fact) but people still suggest he hasnt got his own squad yet. Lets see how we square up to Airdrie for purpose, professionalism and passion. Then bring on those cheating Jeremy Hunt's from Grangemouth!

How many people are suggesting that  ? I would hazard a guess not very many . In fact i`d say the number would be significantly less than those who agree with the topic starters opinion .

Didnt JR say in his most recent interview that these were his players ?

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

How many people are suggesting that  ? I would hazard a guess not very many . In fact i`d say the number would be significantly less than those who agree with the topic starters opinion .

Didnt JR say in his most recent interview that these were his players ?

He did, but there are plenty of posters who have commented on here, who think he needs more players for 'his squad' I am simply highlighting that in the time he has been in the job he just might be the highest recruiting St Mirren manager ever..?

I think its just Morgan, Quinn and Sutton that he hasnt signed/re-signed? I havent included them, but anyone stepping up from the U20's is a pick of his and by default qualifies as his signing too as he chose to give them the jersey, when he didn't have to.

for me its not a point of arguement, just an observation on how much he has been allowed to put in place. Going forward he, and us can have no arguement that he wasnt backed to put his own squad together.

It's good fun sometimes when somebody is talking such utter dogshit and you can slap them down with ease. Passes time on the tea break...

I hear you. I had half a response typed to go back on the 26 signings but I thought "f**k it, that will only increase the spam"

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He did, but there are plenty of posters who have commented on here, who think he needs more players for 'his squad' I am simply highlighting that in the time he has been in the job he just might be the highest recruiting St Mirren manager ever..?

I think its just Morgan, Quinn and Sutton that he hasnt signed/re-signed? I havent included them, but anyone stepping up from the U20's is a pick of his and by default qualifies as his signing too as he chose to give them the jersey, when he didn't have to.

for me its not a point of arguement, just an observation on how much he has been allowed to put in place. Going forward he, and us can have no arguement that he wasnt backed to put his own squad together.

Yes plenty of people DID comment and up to January that was a fact. January's clearout and signings remedied that to a great extent and the end of season /close season signings have brought those claims down to the tiniest trickle of people. 

As for there being "no argument that he wasnt backed to put his own squad together"  i really dont see many  , if any on here saying that is the case. I do say not many because you will always get the occasional turnip banging on ad nauseam about things which are no longer an issue.

ETA, fwiw, i think he still needs to add players to the squad, imo, we simply do not have squad cover nor a couple of decent first pick players 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

I hear you. I had half a response typed to go back on the 26 signings but I thought "f**k it, that will only increase the spam"

He's counting Baird, McKenzie and Langfield as Jack signings, as well as counting Stelios, Smith, Eckersley and another couple twice. Now talking about youth players being counted as well. The guy's a total throbber.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes plenty of people DID comment and up to January that was a fact. January's clearout and signings remedied that to a great extent and the end of season /close season signings have brought those claims down to the tiniest trickle of people. 

As for there being "no argument that he wasnt backed to put his own squad together"  i really dont see many  , if any on here saying that is the case. I do say not many because you will always get the occasional turnip banging on ad nauseam about things which are no longer an issue.

:wink:

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

As for there being "no argument that he wasnt backed to put his own squad together"  i really dont see many  , if any on here saying that is the case. I do say not many because you will always get the occasional turnip banging on ad nauseam about things which are no longer an issue.

So you agree Ross has made 26+ signings/re-signings/U20 step ups, and therefor are not a turnip? Surely that midt be the case now its no longer an issue?

or do we have to keep quiet about how many signings Ross has made?

None the league hasnae started yet, you sure you are a soccer fan...?

Soccer? Is that the pish where you have to shake hands with Ronald McDonald before kick off?

It'll be cheerleaders and four quarters next.[emoji849]

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He's counting Baird, McKenzie and Langfield as Jack signings, as well as counting Stelios, Smith, Eckersley and another couple twice. Now talking about youth players being counted as well. The guy's a total throbber.

Sorry to but in on your insightful and educational debate, but if Ross didnt sign Baird, McKenzie, Langfield, Stelios, Smith, Eckersley and all the others then who did?

are you suggesting someone else is forcing these players on to him?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you agree Ross has made 26+ signings/re-signings/U20 step ups, and therefor are not a turnip? Surely that midt be the case now its no longer an issue?

or do we have to keep quiet about how many signings Ross has made?

Show me where i even mentioned this "26" figure. 

I said Ross has been supported by the board , i said this is his squad, where did i say or even suggest you keep quiet  about Ross signings. 

As per usual , when engaged in reasonable rational debate , you retreat into your wee defensive world and repeat the same rhetoric with no facts to back it up.

I made a very simple statement about not seeing many (if any) on here who would say otherwise now. You seem to think there are enough of these people to dredge it up again . Where are they ?

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

BTW Ross has made 26 signings, (fact) but people still suggest he hasnt got his own squad yet. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He did, but there are plenty of posters who have commented on here, who think he needs more players for 'his squad' 

Quality bit of backtracking there. 

So folk either say it's not his squad yet, or they say he needs more players for his squad. 

These are two completely different things... I don't say I need new windows for my house but claim it's not my house until I get them. 

So which is it?! 

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry to but in on your insightful and educational debate, but if Ross didnt sign Baird, McKenzie, Langfield, Stelios, Smith, Eckersley and all the others then who did?

are you suggesting someone else is forcing these players on to him?

Why are you so against our present manager when you started a thread back in  November 2015 touting Jack Ross & Alex Miller as our management team?

Lord Pityme

• Panel Pundit on SKY
  •  
  • Lord Pityme
  • Saints
  • 5,414 posts
  • Top Man:

Our hapless out of touch board go from one crap managerial appointment to another, but at least they brought Miller in. Now is the time for the board to stand up and admit they cant pick a decent manager, go the whole hog, bin Murray and get Jack Ross in with Miller working alongside him.

Straight Away you would have Organisation, Discipline, Tactical Nous, Passion, Fight and two guys who are proven developers of young, raw talent.

Come on board, stand up and make the change, have the strength to forget petty vendettas and hand the reins over to two men who will put out competitive St Mirren sides who win at home!

Edited November 8, 2015 by Lord Pityme

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Show me where i even mentioned this "26" figure. 

I said Ross has been supported by the board , i said this is his squad, where did i say or even suggest you keep quiet  about Ross signings. 

As per usual , when engaged in reasonable rational debate , you retreat into your wee defensive world and repeat the same rhetoric with no facts to back it up.

I made a very simple statement about not seeing many (if any) on here who would say otherwise now. You seem to think there are enough of these people to dredge it up again . Where are they ?

I had not stated you mentioned the "26" figure. But you kinda have now by mentioning it..

i had thought by listing all 26 signings/ re-signings I was stating 'Facts to back it up', however when stating these facts i get rounded on by the wee angry posse of the Usual Suspects somehow wishing to deflect, ignore or silence a poster stating a fact they don't like being stated.(why??? I have no idea)

however many posts you or I see suggesting Ross hasnt got his full squad together is kinda moot. They are on here, and their number is what it is. Surely those are facts we can agree on?

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Quality bit of backtracking there. 

So folk either say it's not his squad yet, or they say he needs more players for his squad. 

These are two completely different things... I don't say I need new windows for my house but claim it's not my house until I get them. 

So which is it?! 

Nope... youve lost me here.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

1.I had not stated you mentioned the "26" figure. But you kinda have now by mentioning it.. 

2.i had thought by listing all 26 signings/ re-signings I was stating 'Facts to back it up', however when stating these facts i get rounded on by the wee angry posse of the 3. Usual Suspects somehow wishing to deflect, ignore or silence a poster stating a fact they don't like being stated.(why??? I have no idea)

however many posts you or I see suggesting Ross hasnt got his full squad together is kinda moot. They are on here, and their number is what it is. Surely those are facts we can agree on?

1. A direct reply from me to a question from you. Direct reply, you should try it sometime

2. Those are not the "facts" i asked you to address (direct reply would be nice) I ask yet again , where are those you say still insist its not Jacks squad ?

3. Who has tried to silence you ? what i see is people willing to debate but debate is difficult where one side is so entrenched in their views , whether right or wrong.

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Why are you so against our present manager when you started a thread back in  November 2015 touting Jack Ross & Alex Miller as our management team?

Lord Pityme

• Panel Pundit on SKY
  •  
  • Lord Pityme
  • Saints
  • 5,414 posts
  • Top Man:

Our hapless out of touch board go from one crap managerial appointment to another, but at least they brought Miller in. Now is the time for the board to stand up and admit they cant pick a decent manager, go the whole hog, bin Murray and get Jack Ross in with Miller working alongside him.

Straight Away you would have Organisation, Discipline, Tactical Nous, Passion, Fight and two guys who are proven developers of young, raw talent.

Come on board, stand up and make the change, have the strength to forget petty vendettas and hand the reins over to two men who will put out competitive St Mirren sides who win at home!

Edited November 8, 2015 by Lord Pityme

I have to thank and salute your indefatigability in combing through what must be thousands of posts to highlight my choice that as a rookie Ross needed an experienced man beside him in his first season with us. The two-thirds of a season when Ross couldnt buy a result, and avoiding potential relegation by one goal in the last game of the season just underline how feckin right I was.

he relegated Alloa on his own, and damn nearly did for us too. With someone suitably experienced beside him to advise, support and guide we may well have been in the hunt for a play off place last season.

thanks again LPM x

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I have to thank and salute your indefatigability in combing through what must be thousands of posts to highlight my choice that as a rookie Ross needed an experienced man beside him in his first season with us. The two-thirds of a season when Ross couldnt buy a result, and avoiding potential relegation by one goal in the last game of the season just underline how feckin right I was.

he relegated Alloa on his own, and damn nearly did for us too. With someone suitably experienced beside him to advise, support and guide we may well have been in the hunt for a play off place last season.

thanks again LPM x

Combing through thousands of posts? Surely you know there is a search facility? All you do is type in the word SHITE and all your posts simply pop up! Modern technology eh? 

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

ETA, fwiw, i think he still needs to add players to the squad, imo, we simply do not have squad cover nor a couple of decent first pick players 

Unwittingly, you just supported LPM's point with your last sentence

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

1. A direct reply from me to a question from you. Direct reply, you should try it sometime

2. Those are not the "facts" i asked you to address (direct reply would be nice) I ask yet again , where are those you say still insist its not Jacks squad ?

3. Who has tried to silence you ? what i see is people willing to debate but debate is difficult where one side is so entrenched in their views , whether right or wrong.

1. 'From me, to You..?' That made me chuckle...

2. 'These are not the droids you are looking for' the posts are on here, if you wanna read em'?

3. Yeah I am just overwhelmed with dudes wanting to 'debate' with me. I give opinions, alternatives, reasoned debate, and i get back "he's a lesser fan' or 'throbber', feck me these dudes could give the Oxbridge debating mob a run for their money.

whats the point of having a view if you don't believe in it? I am not trying to change yours, or tell you you are right or wrong. Insaid Ross has signed/re-signed 26 players and all hell has broke loose.

4 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Combing through thousands of posts? Surely you know there is a search facility? All you do is type in the word SHITE and all your posts simply pop up! Modern technology eh? 

You'll be part of the debating society no doubt? Classy... if that makes you proud of yourself today crack on.