Jack Ross Must Go.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

1. 'From me, to You..?' That made me chuckle...

2. 'These are not the droids you are looking for' the posts are on here, if you wanna read em'?

3. Yeah I am just overwhelmed with dudes wanting to 'debate' with me. I give opinions, alternatives, reasoned debate, and i get back "he's a lesser fan' or 'throbber', feck me these dudes could give the Oxbridge debating mob a run for their money.

whats the point of having a view if you don't believe in it? I am not trying to change yours, or tell you you are right or wrong. Insaid Ross has signed/re-signed 26 players and all hell has broke loose.

1. Speaks volumes

2. deflection

3. Ok , on that note its time to go .:rolleyes:

but not before addressing the last sentence. My contribution to this thread had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with your 26 player assertion, i asked a question regarding your statement "but people still suggest he hasnt got his own squad yet"  you have not answered it and i suspect you never will.  

1. 'From me, to You..?' That made me chuckle...
2. 'These are not the droids you are looking for' the posts are on here, if you wanna read em'?
3. Yeah I am just overwhelmed with dudes wanting to 'debate' with me. I give opinions, alternatives, reasoned debate, and i get back "he's a lesser fan' or 'throbber', feck me these dudes could give the Oxbridge debating mob a run for their money.
whats the point of having a view if you don't believe in it? I am not trying to change yours, or tell you you are right or wrong. Insaid Ross has signed/re-signed 26 players and all hell has broke loose.

"Dudes"...

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I have been 'trying it' for fifty years. Why did you ask me how many league games we had lost? Seems an incredibly negatively phrased question from one espousing the enjoyment of watching our club.

also i dont subscribe to the 'I am a better fan than you' school of thought. That incredibly negative attempt at  'Oneupmanship' is what drives people away from social interaction and ultimately whatever that interaction is based around.

in an open, transparent fan-owned club all peacefully held views are tolerated.

Will just assume you are one of these guys carrying a big cross up a hill. It's your posts that are negative as if we lost every league game when a ball has not been kicked in league , yes the cup has not been ideal my eye is on promotion this season over everything.

Sorry to but in on your insightful and educational debate, but if Ross didnt sign Baird, McKenzie, Langfield, Stelios, Smith, Eckersley and all the others then who did?
are you suggesting someone else is forcing these players on to him?

I'm suggesting these players were already here. In fact I'm stating that as a fact.

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Will just assume you are one of these guys carrying a big cross up a hill. It's your posts that are negative as if we lost every league game when a ball has not been kicked in league , yes the cup has not been ideal my eye is on promotion this season over everything.

How is it negative quoting how many players the manager has signed? Sorry but where is the negativity in that..?

you taking that quote and in some bizarre way equating it to me believing 'we have lost every league game before a ball is kicked' is simething in your head, its not in mine.

If we have improved as a team, we should be qualifying frim this league cup group. The manager believes so, and has said so. I agree with the manager, and captain!

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm suggesting these players were already here. In fact I'm stating that as a fact.

Yes they were, thats a fact. Their contracts however had, or were due to expire and the manager decided he wanted to offer them new ones. He wasnt obligated to do so by some clause in the expired contract, he chose to make them His signings.

and for what its worth I cant for the life of me work out why this irks you and others? No one I have seen and cerainly not I have criticised him for this. I merely listed the players he has built into his squad since the turn of the year.

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

1. Speaks volumes

2. deflection

3. Ok , on that note its time to go .:rolleyes:

but not before addressing the last sentence. My contribution to this thread had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with your 26 player assertion, i asked a question regarding your statement "but people still suggest he hasnt got his own squad yet"  you have not answered it and i suspect you never will.  

And the posts are still on here if you want to read them. If you are waiting for me to put them in a wee pile for you sir then it aint gonna happen. Have a good one!

Yes they were, thats a fact. Their contracts however had, or were due to expire and the manager decided he wanted to offer them new ones. He wasnt obligated to do so by some clause in the expired contract, he chose to make them His signings.
and for what its worth I cant for the life of me work out why this irks you and others? No one I have seen and cerainly not I have criticised him for this. I merely listed the players he has built into his squad since the turn of the year.

They were not his signings. No amount of your weirdness will change that, and your "26 signings" nonsense is only putting you up for further ridicule. Give it up ffs.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

They were not his signings. No amount of your weirdness will change that, and your "26 signings" nonsense is only putting you up for further ridicule. Give it up ffs.

Your position above is "the players Ross signed, are indeed not his signings" and you think I am putting myself up for further ridicule..?

Your position above is "the players Ross signed, are indeed not his signings" and you think I am putting myself up for further ridicule..?

You're the master of being ridiculed - it's your place on the forum. Jack's 26 signings also include 5 players twice! [emoji23]

I said you were being disingenuous - I apologise for that. You were actually just being thick...

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Combing through thousands of posts? Surely you know there is a search facility? All you do is type in the word SHITE and all your posts simply pop up! Modern technology eh? 

Sorry if you had to  trawl through mine also. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

How is it negative quoting how many players the manager has signed? Sorry but where is the negativity in that..?

you taking that quote and in some bizarre way equating it to me believing 'we have lost every league game before a ball is kicked' is simething in your head, its not in mine.

If we have improved as a team, we should be qualifying frim this league cup group. The manager believes so, and has said so. I agree with the manager, and captain!

Mate you are hard to debate with as you change the subject with the wind. You have taken league games ( none played ) to now players which I have not mentioned once ? 

On 7/25/2017 at 10:31 AM, Soctty said:

Still being either disingenuous or thick. You said "(apparently 26 signings still doesn't qualify yet to be 'Jack's Team'"

You're suggesting he's signed 26 players. It's not enough for you that he has actually signed a squad of players - 18 of them. You felt the need to exaggerate that by including players who signed new contracts in the summer. If you have an agenda, best thing to do is be subtle with it, then people might come round to your way of thinking rather than lie and look stupid.

Nobody, by the way, has spoken about Jack "getting his own team" since he got his own team in January and went on to have the best form in the league for the rest of the season...

Probably best if you get back in your box and have a nap son...

Sorry to be pedantic but we were not the no.1 form team in the Championship in the second half of the season or even February to May. We moved from being the worst by a mile (much of it under Jack Ross by the way since Alex Rae only had 6 league games) to one of the best form teams in the last few months (weren't we still behind Hibs and Falkirk for form in the last 2 rounds of games)?

As for this season I'm hoping we get off to a good start and find ourselves midtable by the January window... flying under the radar in terms of being seen as title contenders but still there or thereabouts as opposed to a flying start and losing our manager and best players in the January window. At the end of last season I think most fans wanted Jack Ross to try and keep the squad that finished last season together and overall I think that was a decent suggestion and he has done well to persuade most of that squad to sign up for this season... not too bothered about many of the players who exited (aside from Mallan). Let's give JR and JF and the squad some time to settle in... we've never had a summer transfer window I can remember where we fixed every weakness in the squad. Hopefully most of last year's team can perform at a similar level and some of our other new signings will turn out to be gems and come the end of the season we can be in the mix at the right end of the table for a change.

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, but never mind waiting until we've played everyone in the league, never mind waiting until we've played a few games - I genuinely believe one game could show us how our season will go, in overall terms... the opener v Falkirk. If we look all over the place, toothless and display an effort level akin to the Partick game - we're done for. IMHO.

Conversely, if we get stuck in, compete, create chances and even if we draw with them - game on.

Sounds crazy? One game? Hmmm... I just have a feeling about this in my stomach.