Jack Ross Must Go.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, but never mind waiting until we've played everyone in the league, never mind waiting until we've played a few games - I genuinely believe one game could show us how our season will go, in overall terms... the opener v Falkirk. If we look all over the place, toothless and display an effort level akin to the Partick game - we're done for. IMHO.

Conversely, if we get stuck in, compete, create chances and even if we draw with them - game on.

Sounds crazy? One game? Hmmm... I just have a feeling about this in my stomach.

I suppose the same could have been said after the QOTS game in January when I personally almost lost all faith we were going to turn it around.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, but never mind waiting until we've played everyone in the league, never mind waiting until we've played a few games - I genuinely believe one game could show us how our season will go, in overall terms... the opener v Falkirk. If we look all over the place, toothless and display an effort level akin to the Partick game - we're done for. IMHO.

Conversely, if we get stuck in, compete, create chances and even if we draw with them - game on.

Nah, I agree. It only took two games last season to know we were f**ked, the 3-0 pumping from Hamilton and the lucky draw with Morton. We all should know by now what a losing team looks like, second to every ball, over-run in midfield, struggle to create and concede soft goals. You can tell fairly quickly.

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Seem to remember a bloke from Govan who started our season by losing to Falkirk then drawing at home at East Fife.  For the life of me I can't remember what happened next.  

13 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I suppose the same could have been said after the QOTS game in January when I personally almost lost all faith we were going to turn it around.

Different situation. Any new season sees a clean slate for all clubs, no form to look at, new signings, new opponents following relegation / promotion, a new set of challenges and circumstances.

I genuinely believe if the Falkirk opener mirrors the Thistle debacle - worrying times ahead. If we show some balls and are on a par with them, even if it ends in defeat? I would be very worried should the Partick game be replicated against a division rival.

6 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Seem to remember a bloke from Govan who started our season by losing to Falkirk then drawing at home at East Fife.  For the life of me I can't remember what happened next.  

I'm not talking about possibly simply losing to Falkirk - I'm talking about how I reckon our season would go should we lose in a fashion mirroring the Thistle game - shoddy defending, zero creativity, no-one taking a shot on, players played out of position, couldn't do diddly squat against ten men, even losing another goal, poor organisation, poor effort, seemingly a poor attitude.... do that against Falkirk, looks like men against boys again? I reckon we're pumped for the season that lies ahead if that happens against Falkirk. I fervently hope to see an improved performance / effort from what happened at Firhill. If they put in the effort and look better organised - fair do's. The result may or may not follow, but as long as we aren't the shambles we were against Partick...

Edited by pozbaird

Sorry to be pedantic but we were not the no.1 form team in the Championship in the second half of the season or even February to May. We moved from being the worst by a mile (much of it under Jack Ross by the way since Alex Rae only had 6 league games) to one of the best form teams in the last few months (weren't we still behind Hibs and Falkirk for form in the last 2 rounds of games)?
As for this season I'm hoping we get off to a good start and find ourselves midtable by the January window... flying under the radar in terms of being seen as title contenders but still there or thereabouts as opposed to a flying start and losing our manager and best players in the January window. At the end of last season I think most fans wanted Jack Ross to try and keep the squad that finished last season together and overall I think that was a decent suggestion and he has done well to persuade most of that squad to sign up for this season... not too bothered about many of the players who exited (aside from Mallan). Let's give JR and JF and the squad some time to settle in... we've never had a summer transfer window I can remember where we fixed every weakness in the squad. Hopefully most of last year's team can perform at a similar level and some of our other new signings will turn out to be gems and come the end of the season we can be in the mix at the right end of the table for a change.

Sorry to be even more pedantic, but we were the number 1 form team from beginning of February til the end of the season, as my graphic illustrates. [emoji6]

2d271b81efa729b2ec5c94fd259a8ce1.jpg

Agree with pretty much everything else you've said. [emoji106]

56 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm not talking about possibly simply losing to Falkirk - I'm talking about how I reckon our season would go should we lose in a fashion mirroring the Thistle game - shoddy defending, zero creativity, no-one taking a shot on, players played out of position, couldn't do diddly squat against ten men, even losing another goal, poor organisation, poor effort, seemingly a poor attitude.... do that against Falkirk, looks like men against boys again? I reckon we're pumped for the season that lies ahead if that happens against Falkirk. I fervently hope to see an improved performance / effort from what happened at Firhill. If they put in the effort and look better organised - fair do's. The result may or may not follow, but as long as we aren't the shambles we were against Partick...

I kind of good that first time.  After a 10 hour working day I decided on a bit of levity. 

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

What if we are a shambles but win 3-0?

What odds would you offer on us beating Falkirk 3-0 if the performance mirrored the Partick one in terms of effort, tactics, line up and general standard of play?

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

What about Tommy Craig first game away to Motherwell

We played really well and were very unlucky to come away with any points

How did the rest of the season turn out

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

What have odds got to do with it? I just asked "what if".

Just looking for your opinion as it is often said that the sign of a good team is getting results even when playing shite. Obviously we would all prefer to play well and win but what would encourage you more, playing shite and winning or playing well and losing?

Most supporters want to see an organised team, playing with pride, professionalism and passion for the jersey. If Ross delivers that then the majority will be accepting of bumps in the road along the way. If Ross cant deliver the above as a minimum...? Well we all know what that looked like for two thirds of last season. Theres only so many times you can deflect from your obvious shortcomings by looking for a square go in the stands.

When our injuries ease up we will be ok in defence and midfield no worries from me there. My biggest concern is our front line fire power it's not up to challenging the top league spot unless there is a golden egg to come in. We could possibly get into the play offs in that respect the season would have to be looked at as a success. Have every faith in our management team to bring out the best in the players. Too many fans are knickerwetting which is the way with many given the past few years. 

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not a bad day at the office simply put we have too many players not good enough to step up to championship level. Another worry we had 4 players started in midfield yet Thistle did not need to get into first gear to over run our midfield. From what I have seen so far we have no chance of promotion Jack has taken on more than he can chew. I would have Sutton worked on with wide players throwing in crosses in the training ground. Midfield needs stiffened up McGinn can't do it all by himself. Worrying very worrying. 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When our injuries ease up we will be ok in defence and midfield no worries from me there. My biggest concern is our front line fire power it's not up to challenging the top league spot unless there is a golden egg to come in. We could possibly get into the play offs in that respect the season would have to be looked at as a success. Have every faith in our management team to bring out the best in the players. Too many fans are knickerwetting which is the way with many given the past few years. 

Knickerwetting? Oh, like your post above you mean? :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Is it healthy to spend so much of your time trawling about through old posts to try and show folk up?

This is a genuine question. It seems a bit odd (and almost creepy) to me.

Just now, Drew said:

Is it healthy to spend so much of your time trawling about through old posts to try and show folk up?

How often, exactly, do I do this and, TBH, what the feck is it to do with you?

Is it ok for people to have a go at other people and not in return?

Genuine question?

Away and have a look at yourself. :blink:

PS It took a whole 2 minutes, thanks for worrying about my health. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

How often, exactly, do I do this and, TBH, what the feck is it to do with you?

Something tells me someone is a wee bit perturbed at having his odd behaviour highlighted.

It puts me in mind of folk at school who tried to show you up in front of other kids - usually to deflect from their own inadequacies.

I remember the days when teams were allowed a pre season to get the players fit and nobody gave a crap about friendlies because we all knew they were being used to get players fit/match fit. Now we have this league cup set up and we've not done well, other teams have. Now, does this mean our season will be rubbish and we write it off? I don't think so! Other teams in the past have had poor starts and went on to win the league and this might be the case here. All this stuff about the new players being not good enough is a tad early IMO, i'd love for every new player to hit the ground running but it's far more common for them to take time settling in. In an ideal world they wouldn't need time and we'd have finished top of our league cup group. I'm going to do what i always do and give the first quarter of league games to judge the season.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

And the biggest irony ever on the Forum is FTOF LIKING YOUR POST. 

He who contributes no content to the Forum apart from trying to make himself look superior over other buddies and fails miserably. 

The worst Poster ever. 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Something tells me someone is a wee bit perturbed at having his odd behaviour highlighted.

It puts me in mind of folk at school who tried to show you up in front of other kids - usually to deflect from their own inadequacies.

That's FTOF,  not Dunderheid from Arbroff. :lol:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There not too different are they one being after the Thistle game ( downer ) one a few days after the Thistle game ( refection ).

Faraway special football seat :)

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint