Jack Ross Must Go.

On 22/07/2017 at 4:55 PM, TopCat said:

Alex Rae finished 6th, got 9 points in the league cup and then got (rightly) fired 6 league games into the next season.

Jack Ross finished 7th, the most he can get is 6 points in the league cup.

You set the precedent Gordon.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick Tock indeed.

On 29/07/2017 at 0:28 AM, ged62 said:

Danny's time was up, we were on the slippery slope with him too

I think it's more about players than about managers, In Danny's last season Thommo was in serious decline and we had nothing left in reserve. Thommo stayed on for two more years and contributed very little, but took a big whack of our budget. (the same is true of Teale and to a lesser extent Goodwin). 

Craig tried to replace Thommo with a series of lower league players; Ball, Marwood and Drury.  Teale tried to replace him with Arquan. Murray to get another season out of Thommo, Rae brought in Shankland, then Hardy and Sutton 

None of whom cut the mustard. When Ross came in we still struggled until we signed Loy, Smith and got some mobility up front. 

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

I think it's more about players than about managers, In Danny's last season Thommo was in serious decline and we had nothing left in reserve. Thommo stayed on for two more years and contributed very little, but took a big whack of our budget. (the same is true of Teale and to a lesser extent Goodwin). 

Craig tried to replace Thommo with a series of lower league players; Ball, Marwood and Drury.  Teale tried to replace him with Arquan. Murray to get another season out of Thommo, Rae brought in Shankland, then Hardy and Sutton 

None of whom cut the mustard. When Ross came in we still struggled until we signed Loy, Smith and got some mobility up front. 

Did Thommo not score something like 15 goals in Danny's last season? His decline started when he was injured at the start of Craig's tenure and was repeatedly rushed back when unfit due to the lack of other options.

But Danny was still in the slippery slope

On the subject of goals.......

Yesterday was the seventh match in which a Jack Ross St Mirren team has scored 4 or more goals in a match (Spartans 5-1, The New Saints 4-1, Ayr 6-2, Morton 4-1, Raith 5-0, Stranraer 4-1, Airdrieonians 5-0). 

7 times in 39 matches as manager ( or remarkably 6 times in just the last 19); Danny managed the same feat 9 times in 179 matches; Gus was 6 in 289.

"If you want entertainment go to the cinema" right enough.

Guest TPAFKATS
On the subject of goals.......
Yesterday was the seventh match in which a Jack Ross St Mirren team has scored 4 or more goals in a match (Spartans 5-1, The New Saints 4-1, Ayr 6-2, Morton 4-1, Raith 5-0, Stranraer 4-1, Airdrieonians 5-0). 
7 times in 39 matches as manager ( or remarkably 6 times in just the last 19); Danny managed the same feat 9 times in 179 matches; Gus was 6 in 289.
"If you want entertainment go to the cinema" right enough.

Gus would've been raging on those 6 occasions.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The same Gus that presided over our scintilating 4-0 home win against Celtic that saw Mowberry sacked?

Show some respect for a manager who stopped the rot, stabilised and improved us.

Gus was the right man at the exact right time for us and saved our asses. That being said, there weren't enough "scintillating" performances IMO.

Edited by stlucifer

Cathro has been bagged.

I really don't think that Hearts will take another punt, which is what JR would be at that level.

Also a bit of baggage, there.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here....

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

Cathro has been bagged.

I really don't think that Hearts will take another punt, which is what JR would be at that level.

Mover along, folks, nothing to see here....

I think you're spot on. One inexperienced manager is an experiment. Two in a row would be reckless...

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cathro has been bagged.

Mover along, folks, nothing to see here....

Hearts are a much bigger club than Dundee.

As you say, they need to steady the ship.

A far more experienced manager than JR will get the job.

I'd be surprised if they haven't already sounded someone out, given Cathro's record over the past months.

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

I don't think we have to worry too much this time but.........if Houston for the job would Falkirk be looking at JR?

I don't think we need worry about the likes of Falkirk taking our manager mate. I think Hearts might be looking at Hartley, who felt very aggrieved when he got the chop at Dundee, and seems a good young manager. Other possibilities could be Pressley, although I could see that being another disaster.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Hearts are a much bigger club than Dundee.

As you say, they need to steady the ship.

A far more experienced manager than JR will get the job.

I'd be surprised if they haven't already sounded someone out, given Cathro's record over the past months.

I knew some on here would do the link. Levine let Jack go , and although we adore our Jack, I cant see Hearts fans being happy with a mid Championship manager. Cathro had a great CV, I cant see this being a Scottish appointment, Houston is going no where bar upstairs at Falkirk, Hartley failed, and if Levine is staying then it cant be a strong character..

Hearts need to show ambition, so I expect either a foreign coach with pedigree or an ex player...........McCann would be perfect 

4/1 Steven Pressley

• 5/1 Paul Hartley
  • 10/1 Gary Naysmith
  • 10/1 Allan Johnston
  • 12/1 Jim McIntyre
  • 12/1 Tommy Wright
  • 16/1 David Weir
  • 20/1 Alan Stubbs
  • 20/1 Alex McLeish
  • 20/1 Terry Butcher
  • 25/1 Ronny Deila

Quite a few ex players there.... Pressley good shout

I cant see the odds for Jack... I think he is on 50-1 bar with Andy Roxburgh :whistle 

Edited by DougJamie