Jack Ross Must Go.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

I have to constantly check which thread I'm on as each one now seems to be the exact same. Can we not have a new thread where all the moaning at each other, boring comebacks and predictable nonsense can get kept so that I don't need to constantly 'skim'. Back on topic, I'm still more optimistic than I was at any time over the last 3 or 4 seasons. Keep JR and let's keep pushing on.

Proud of you, it's the best way. :D

Oh no, all the TC apologists are ganging up on wee JJ.

It was only a matter of time, tick tock [emoji23]

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

They stated Ross should of been given till season end before decision being made on his future. Same as many including myself.

People are quick to behave in exactly the same way as they are accusing others, irony eh ?

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Oh no, all the TC apologists are ganging up on wee JJ.

It was only a matter of time, tick tock emoji23.png

Give TC stick if you want if that is what you prefer after today's masterclass.

Top Cat posts a lot from games in the heat of the moment and just after matches as well. I often disagree with him but still enjoy his posts.

Maybe JJ should remember his posts about Danny Lennon (either side of the Cup win where JJ used a photo of him celebrating with DL as his profile pic) before trolling Top Cat after a victory like today where Top Cat has welcomed the result and the manner in which it was achieved!

15 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Top Cat posts a lot from games in the heat of the moment and just after matches as well. I often disagree with him but still enjoy his posts.

Maybe JJ should remember his posts about Danny Lennon (either side of the Cup win where JJ used a photo of him celebrating with DL as his profile pic) before trolling Top Cat after a victory like today where Top Cat has welcomed the result and the manner in which it was achieved!

Aye, the JJ/Danny Lennon split was hilarious. Wonder who got the CD's when that was over? :lol: Hard to remember such a turnaround.

Edited by faraway saint

19 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I didn't start a thread after Danny was in the job 3 months saying Lennon must go though,  absolutely cringe worthy and his vendatta against JR is embarrassing.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

I didn't start a thread after Danny was in the job 3 months saying Lennon must go though,  absolutely cringe worthy and his vendatta against JR is embarrassing.

Cheers.

In fairness to Top Cat, we did lose every league game in October and November under Jack Ross, 6 in a row, as the backdrop to that thread being started. Even though we had shown signs of improvements as a team and in the way we played the horrific results continued (Ayr, Dumbarton and Dumfermline all looked almost safe by Christmas). We began December with a meagre 4 points in the league and although there were promising signs in December and January we didn't start winning regularly until February by which point it required us to be on league winning form to stay up on goal difference in the final minutes of the season. We were nearly in League 1 and Jack Ross was in charge for 29 out of the 36 league games last year.

Perhaps the most apt time to have begun a Danny must go thread would have been in his first season where we were utterly gash to watch, finished 11th and where the emergence of Kenny McLean was about the only bright spot in the season?

17 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Cheers.

And you're celebrating a glorious win by gloating over and trolling a St Mirren Supporter.

Pathetic child.

And you're likes on certain posts a few weeks ago fecking summed you up.

Edited by shull

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

And maybe the right time to start a JR must go thread would have been after JR had had a chance to bring in his own players instead of just trying to get the best out of apparently uninterested Rae signings.

TC made an arse of it and hasn't been big enough to admit it. I wonder how many times the clock will need rewound before he does.

I hope I'm wrong, but it comes across as if he is secretly wanting JR to fail so he can say that he knew it from the start and he told us all so. Quite sad really.

I always reckon TC is wanting St Mirren to win and succeed and that was why he viewed likely relegation to League 1  as a disaster. Overall I think TC takes the view that managers should be given time rather than punted in their first season. He was willing to give Tommy Craig, and Iain Murray more time than I was happy to give them and he's on record as preferring someone else to take over from Alex Rae.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In fairness to Top Cat, we did lose every league game in October and November under Jack Ross, 6 in a row, as the backdrop to that thread being started. Even though we had shown signs of improvements as a team and in the way we played the horrific results continued (Ayr, Dumbarton and Dumfermline all looked almost safe by Christmas). We began December with a meagre 4 points in the league and although there were promising signs in December and January we didn't start winning regularly until February by which point it required us to be on league winning form to stay up on goal difference in the final minutes of the season. We were nearly in League 1 and Jack Ross was in charge for 29 out of the 36 league games last year.

Perhaps the most apt time to have begun a Danny must go thread would have been in his first season where we were utterly gash to watch, finished 11th and where the emergence of Kenny McLean was about the only bright spot in the season?

Nah, bad as Danny's first season was, it was still better than anything Gus served up and it was achieved with a declining budget.

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I always reckon TC is wanting St Mirren to win and succeed and that was why he viewed likely relegation to League 1  as a disaster. Overall I think TC takes the view that managers should be given time rather than punted in their first season. He was willing to give Tommy Craig, and Iain Murray more time than I was happy to give them and he's on record as preferring someone else to take over from Alex Rae.

Overall Top Cnut wanted Ross binned after about 3 days/weeks/months in post.  As an aside how is Gus MacPherson doing these days?:rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, scottd said:

Overall Top Cnut wanted Ross binned after about 3 days/weeks/months in post.  As an aside how is Gus MacPherson doing these days?:rolleyes:

Posted as if I was a huge Gus McPherson fan? I thought Gus did well for us overall - lots of other managers have failed to get us promoted from the championship or keep us in the top league. But I also felt like he was given 7 years at the helm and his relationship with the board and the fans was going downhill when he was sacked and I didn't think his signing policy was inspiring or that he sounded ambitious for the club when talking to the press. Overall, while I thought he felt his sacking was unfair it was probably time for a change and I wasn't calling for him to replace Alex Rae.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

So you think that it's a personal thing with JR then?

I'll let Top Cat answer for himself, but I don't think he has anything personal against Jack Ross. He didn't agree with the appointment when it was made. Results got even worse for JR's 2 months and then got back to Alex Rae's level by the January window. Top Cat wasn't the only one moaning, and for all we had an amazing run of results from February to May Top Cat wasn't the only person saying he thought Jack Ross should be fired if we got relegated. 

I don't agree with Top Cat continuing to post JR must go at frequent intervals but always thought we had a good enough squad assembled by Rae and Ross that we should have been at least 10 points clear of the relegation place and play off place and Jack Ross was in charge for over 3 quarters of the season and had to expect some criticism as well as taking the plaudits when we did pull off the great escape. I'd say its pretty clear that JR has been backed to the hilt by GLS and the board last season and over the summer and don't see too much point in doubters like Top Cat continuing to call for Ross's head. Not too bothered we are out the League Cup, and the Morton result was a shocker but otherwise we are off to a good start in the league (with almost as many points at the end of August as we had at Christmas last year), a decent amount of the summer signings are beginning to look like good acquisitions and those who haven't yet had a run could be useful squad players, Jack Ross turned down a move to Dundee and seems to have talked Morgan into staying on for this season as well, so I am pretty happy with where Jack Ross has us just now.