John McGinn

4 hours ago, munoz said:

I heard J McGinn saying in an interview that he'd consider signing a new deal at Hibs. What I'm wondering is , would that put an end to any percentage that we're due? 

No it wouldn't. We are owed 33% if Hibs sell him, regardless of how many new contracts Hibs give him. What people aren't sure is if it's profit of next sale or 33% of the value. Did that ever get clarified? 

My concern is, with him going into the fourth year of his deal, could he invoke Webster's ruling and walk away from his contract for a substantially reduced fee? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling 

On 08/01/2017 at 9:10 AM, Mr Zo said:

Would love to see him win the title with Hibs and move on for £2-3 million in the summer with saints landing a healthy windfall which could help us cope with a drop into league One and possibly remain full time to get us out of the league.

Just trying to start a positive thread as there is currently very little positive to mention about the club after yesterday's shambles.

Completely unrelated to John McGinn but reading this post from the OP shows exactly how our success isn't just the one season, it's been 18 months worth of hard work and effort. This post summed up all of our feelings in January 2017. Who'd have thought April 2018 would be the month we regained our place in Scotland's top flight? What a journey.

1 hour ago, uhura said:

I’ve read there’s a possibility of him going to Celtic in a swap deal with Scott Allan with a few quid thrown in going to Hibs. How’s that going to work for us?

All ifs and buts, same as last year when people were saying 'Celtic would buy two players and over pay on the other.' (Load of nonsense)

Scott Allan might go in the deal but McGinn is still worth a few million quid. He's up for player of the year this season. 

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Allegedly Moyes wants John at West Ham. Way to go John (and more money for us).

I think he would definitely make the step-up to the Premier League in England. James McCarthur who i think is a great player and doing well at that level, I think John is maybe better than him and has more years on his side.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:21 PM, bazil85 said:

No it wouldn't. We are owed 33% if Hibs sell him, regardless of how many new contracts Hibs give him. What people aren't sure is if it's profit of next sale or 33% of the value. Did that ever get clarified? 

My concern is, with him going into the fourth year of his deal, could he invoke Webster's ruling and walk away from his contract for a substantially reduced fee? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling 

Hmmm, if we are going to get shafted it would be no surprise to see Andy Webster behind it somehow!

On 4/29/2018 at 10:05 PM, div said:

We are due 33% of any transfer fee Hibs receive for McGinn, less the £120K they paid for him.

So if he was sold for £3m we’d get a third of £2.88m

If only all of that money could be guaranteed to be added to the playing and infrastructure budgets.  Sadly, a big chunk could go to speeding up the pay-off of the old consortium.

If only all of that money could be guaranteed to be added to the playing and infrastructure budgets.  Sadly, a big chunk could go to speeding up the pay-off of the old consortium.
I don't see anything wrong with that since the old consortium defered payment to them to help get the deal over the line.

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

The old consortium have already received all their money.

Just now, pozbaird said:

McGinn to West Ham for 3 million would be glorious.

I'm not convinced Hibs will be tempted by £3m at this stage. They have most of the summer to play hardball on McGinn, either to get him to extend by another year, giving them the same problem next summer, or to sell.

Bearing in mind if they sell for £3m they would be due us the best part of £1m I can't see them being massively tempted by £2m right now.

A Premiership club should be good for £5m in my opinion!

2 minutes ago, div said:

I'm not convinced Hibs will be tempted by £3m at this stage. They have most of the summer to play hardball on McGinn, either to get him to extend by another year, giving them the same problem next summer, or to sell.

Bearing in mind if they sell for £3m they would be due us the best part of £1m I can't see them being massively tempted by £2m right now.

A Premiership club should be good for £5m in my opinion!

Indeed, I should have clarified that I would find it glorious to see him go to a big London club in the EPL, rather than be yet another Scottish player hoovered up by a certain other Scottish club who might win the top flight for one hundred in a row.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Indeed, I should have clarified that I would find it glorious to see him go to a big London club in the EPL, rather than be yet another Scottish player hoovered up by a certain other Scottish club who might win the top flight for one hundred in a row.

Spot on. If West Ham stay up and they want him then £5m is absolutely nothing to them. Let's be having you Hammers!