John McGinn

Get onto one of their computers and up the bid to about £200m.  Ta much.

Sadly, only 2 board members were in at the time.

I’m off up to their training ground tomorrow, might ‘talk him up’ even more :)

I do work for the likes of Leeds Rhinos/Leeds Carnegie / Yorkshire Cricket /Manchester United etc but doubt any of them require his services

Noticed however England are playing Costa Rica at Elland Road this week, anyone would think there is a world cup coming up :(

Hope someone tables £3m + for McGinn & i very much doubt Hibs or Lennon ( if he has a say ) would want him to go for any less.

Could be some summer for money coming into the buddies coffers before a ball is kicked if John McGinn was to get a big money move, compensation for Jack and James plus this proposed sale of Kyle McGennis to Sunderland. The potential for close to £2 million coming saints way. Obviously not counting our chickens but an interesting thought.

Surely John McGinn has to leave Hibs this summer for big bucks.

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

Could be some summer for money coming into the buddies coffers before a ball is kicked if John McGinn was to get a big money move, compensation for Jack and James plus this proposed sale of Kyle McGennis to Sunderland. The potential for close to £2 million coming saints way. Obviously not counting our chickens but an interesting thought.

Surely John McGinn has to leave Hibs this summer for big bucks.

Do you think Sunderland will pay that kind of money, though?

It'll be a swops and slops type offer that won't benefit saints by much

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Have we not already established that a swap deal makes no difference? Doesn’t the swapped player simply get valued and that value is taken into consideration?

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I guess it depends who is in for him.  If it's only Sunderland and maybe Leeds bidding for him then he will for anywhere between £2 and £3 million but if an English premiership get involved then it could potentially be several million more.

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

On swaps and slops, its another way to knacker any sell on clauses. Maybe we should take a leaf out of the recruitment agencies playbook. Hire someone today from a recruitment agency and you pay about 20% of the starting salary as a finders fee but they then add a cash value for a car (for car read swaps and slops) as well so you end up paying another wedge. Maybe a wee clause saying that any slops and swaps will be independently valued and Saints will get a third of that as well. Grasping at straws.

Edited by magnus

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

There is the small matter of Mcginns career and ambitions. Potential champions league and another 350 k to us or away at Wycombe. 

Not sure the career ambition part stands up.

people ciriticisied Ryan Fraser when he moved to Bournemouth in League 1. Hasn’t turned out too bad for him...

5 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Not sure the career ambition part stands up.

people ciriticisied Ryan Fraser when he moved to Bournemouth in League 1. Hasn’t turned out too bad for him...

Not the same. Mcginn is high profile player now. Fraser wasnt.... so lets agree to disagree. Plus both his brothers will be playing in top league.  Unless Sunderland are willing to pay him about 20k a week. 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Not the same. Mcginn is high profile player now. Fraser wasnt.... so lets agree to disagree. Plus both his brothers will be playing in top league.  Unless Sunderland are willing to pay him about 20k a week. 

Depends if you think the Scottish Premier League is a top league! At the end of the day, as you allude to, it’s all about the money.

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Depends if you think the Scottish Premier League is a top league! At the end of the day, as you allude to, it’s all about the money.

Yes. I do also think the Mcginn Celtic connection is important. Plus winning the Johnson Painter trophy does not qualify for europe :whistle

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

There is the small matter of Mcginns career and ambitions. Potential champions league and another 350 k to us or away at Wycombe. 

Thanks to UEFA's total imbalance of CL places most European champions including Celtic will now have an extra round to navigate. That dream could be over by August then it's the walk to the title and the slightly bigger challenge of taking the domestic cups. With Sunderland being a club with potential to make the EPL, that could offer him a straight path to the big time.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Thanks to UEFA's total imbalance of CL places most European champions including Celtic will now have an extra round to navigate. That dream could be over by August then it's the walk to the title and the slightly bigger challenge of taking the domestic cups. With Sunderland being a club with potential to make the EPL, that could offer him a straight path to the big time.

That some promotion for Sunderland. I do think they will get out League one but championship is different matter. Min 2 years and remember Mcginn has already gone down with us and played second tier with hibs. Just a feeling he wants silverware and thats Celtic

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

That some promotion for Sunderland. I do think they will get out League one but championship is different matter. Min 2 years and remember Mcginn has already gone down with us and played second tier with hibs. Just a feeling he wants silverware and thats Celtic

Celtic would be a sensible next move for McGinn. More money than at Hibs and an opportunity to win trophies and to be in European football. In or out of Europe it gives a stage on which to build an opportunity for a move to the top 4 in England and really big money. He is good enough. IMO.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Celtic would be a sensible next move for McGinn. More money than at Hibs and an opportunity to win trophies and to be in European football. In or out of Europe it gives a stage on which to build an opportunity for a move to the top 4 in England and really big money. He is good enough. IMO.

I agree but the reduced cash transfer price because of the  swap of players that is likely is bad for Saints so I am still rooting for a £3m offer from Jack.

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

I agree but the reduced cash transfer price because of the  swap of players that is likely is bad for Saints so I am still rooting for a £3m offer from Jack.

How much could Celtic realistically value Scott Allan at?  

£250-300k?   

He's not really done much other than have some decent form at Hibs and Dundee.