John McGinn

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

From the AGM report

Accelerated payment clause

One other element of the deal briefly touched on at the AGM was around accelerated payments which could be triggered to the consortium over the next year.

Gordon paid his portion of the share purchase up front, and SMISA – having planned to get a loan to cover our share – had initially promised to do the same. When this didn’t go to plan, we had to negotiate a deal for monthly repayments to the consortium.

They agreed to this, but only if we and Gordon added a clause which said if the club came into any unbudgeted income, some of that money be used to get them what they are owed quicker.

So if St Mirren receive funds from the sale of an asset, the club will lend a portion of that money to SMISA to make the accelerated payment to the consortium, and SMISA will repay the club. This only applies up until the date we are due to make the final repayment in summer 2018.

There are three points members should be clear on here. One is that payments only apply up to the sum we still owe them at that time – they won’t get a penny more than they are due.

Second is the club will not lose out as a result – any money which comes out of the club to make the repayments will be repaid by SMISA in full as soon as we can.

Lastly, the power of the club board is in no way affected – they don’t have to sell anything unless they choose to.

A compromise was negotiated where this clause did not apply in January 2017 – so it wasn’t triggered by the transfers of Kyle McAllister or Jason Naismith. But it may kick in if a player is sold this summer.

Again, the clause was part of the share purchase agreement, which we had authority to conclude, and which was approved by our lawyers.

This was a clause we were reluctant to agree to. However, we were negotiating a million-pound share purchase and this was a highly complex situation in which none of the three parties (us, Gordon and the consortium) got everything they wanted – as with any deal, everybody made compromises.

I didn't sign up to Simsa or pay a monthly DD towards buying the club , this is something I don't agree with in any way. I don't think any cash bought in through transfers should be handed to the old board , this cash should be used for player budgets and for the likes of the youth teams etc.

Edited by linwood buddie

I didn't sign up to Simsa or pay a monthly DD towards buying the club , this is something I don't agree with in any way. I don't think any cash bought in through transfers should be handed to the old board , this cash should be used for player budgets and for the likes of the youth teams etc.

The club doesn't lose out and still has access to the full transfer fee that comes in. As has been highlighted above, SMISA would in fact make an accelerated payment.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if it was suddenly added. It was agreed at the outset. It just means the consortium are gone earlier than expected. It's funds that the club can't expect so , as a windfall, it means some of it becomes a nest egg. A lot of people were asking for that very thing.

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if it was suddenly added. It was agreed at the outset. It just means the consortium are gone earlier than expected. It's funds that the club can't expect so , as a windfall, it means some of it becomes a nest egg. A lot of people were asking for that very thing.

Not a windfall , a windfall is something you would maybe have won , this is money from the transfer of a player or if you want an asset.So only thing that should benefit from this is the club .

As for funds the club can't expect , Why place a sell on clause on any deal then?:unsure:

Edited by linwood buddie

Just now, linwood buddie said:

Not a windfall , a windfall is something you would maybe have won , this is money from the transfer of a player or if you want an asset.So only thing that should benefit from this is the club .

I don't get why you think the club won't benefit. They will get the funds. Unless you expected the club to go gung ho and spend every penny they get right away then who loses? As for what it is: a windfall is a large amount of money that is won or received unexpectedly. Maybe you expected this possible cash to be coming our way now but it was never a definite.

Just now, stlucifer said:

I don't get why you think the club won't benefit. They will get the funds. Unless you expected the club to go gung ho and spend every penny they get right away then who loses? As for what it is: a windfall is a large amount of money that is won or received unexpectedly. Maybe you expected this possible cash to be coming our way now but it was never a definite.

Do you think that the club have not expected to get anything from Kenny or Johns sell on fees?I believe they did and that is why the old board inserted that into any deal , this was caused by the fact Simsa couldn't raise their initial payment. I'm not in Simsa and didn't agree with the buy out , although up till now things look to be running quite well.But will go back to my original statement and say again that ,I don't agree that the old board shout get anything from players sales.

So if you don't agree with my opinion that's your choice , its my opinion and that's all it is :D

Do you think that the club have not expected to get anything from Kenny or Johns sell on fees?I believe they did and that is why the old board inserted that into any deal , this was caused by the fact Simsa couldn't raise their initial payment. I'm not in Simsa and didn't agree with the buy out , although up till now things look to be running quite well.But will go back to my original statement and say again that ,I don't agree that the old board shout get anything from players sales.
So if you don't agree with my opinion that's your choice , its my opinion and that's all it is [emoji3]

The money will be used just as you highlighted in an earlier post. The club gets say £100,000 from sales or a clause, the club still gets to assign and use as they see fit. SMISA have to pay the old board an accelerated payment from funds they already have or funds that have to attain.

The old board get nothing extra, they just get it earlier and from SMISA.

5 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

The money will be used just as you highlighted in an earlier post. The club gets say £100,000 from sales or a clause, the club still gets to assign and use as they see fit. SMISA have to pay the old board an accelerated payment from funds they already have or funds that have to attain.

I honestly don't know why this is so hard to grasp.

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

i know that the old board won't make any money from the sales Bud , I've probably given the impression that they will , i'm only trying to express my disagreement to the fact they will get any kind of benefit from them .

i know that the old board won't make any money from the sales Bud , I've probably given the impression that they will , i'm only trying to express my disagreement to the fact they will get any kind of benefit from them .

Without this agreement the deal for the takeover may not have gone through. They only benefit by getting the money a bit quicker.

I think it's important to remember as all parties have stated. No one got everything hey wanted in the buyout. There was a lot of back and forward and negotiations like any deal. This was the only way the deal would have went through. Important points to note.

Any transfer fee, the club will still receive 100% of the sum owed with the old board not receiving a penny extra.

It was the only way to get to our ultimate goal of fan ownership. The people that care most about he club (the fans) making decisions.

The board will only get a proportion of any fee up front which is negotiable. They WILL NOT get all the money (and from what I've heard it'll be a low amount)

It will ultimately result in the old board being paid off quicker and out of our hair, meaning future transfers this won't be an issue.

Smisa and the fan buyout is way ahead of target and everything is running positively and smoothly with close to 1,300 paying members. This not only moves things forward quicker still, it also increases discretionary funds for the club.

I'd hope people can take a step back from this one part of the deal and realise in the grand scheme of things it really is a non issue. Even if we did get all the money up front the club more than likely wouldn't spend it all on one pre season worth of signings.

Having said all this, none of this should be new information. The club and SMISA have been transparent in regards to the deal. I hope it doesn't call anyone's payments into question. If anything it would be great to make this a non issue quicker by getting more people to sign up to, what is for most (not all) a trivial amount of £12 a month.

Also on the point about £1 million transfer for McGinn. That's a joke. No wonder Hibs told them to F right off. £1 million for one of the most promising players in Scottish football. I thought the quotes of £2.5 million were an embarrassment never mind £1 million.

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

So if you don't agree with my opinion that's your choice , its my opinion and that's all it is :D

They don't get anything from player sales!!!

They just get from SMISA funds the agreed sale price earlier than anticipated which is a good thing going towards fan ownership!

4 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Without this agreement the deal for the takeover may not have gone through. They only benefit by getting the money a bit quicker.

Is it not true that the old board gave a concession by not demanding all moneys up front allowing SMISA the time to pay the cost? If so I would argue that they will never get their money back quicker. Only less slowly.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I think it's important to remember as all parties have stated. No one got everything hey wanted in the buyout. There was a lot of back and forward and negotiations like any deal. This was the only way the deal would have went through. Important points to note.

Any transfer fee, the club will still receive 100% of the sum owed with the old board not receiving a penny extra.

It was the only way to get to our ultimate goal of fan ownership. The people that care most about he club (the fans) making decisions.

The board will only get a proportion of any fee up front which is negotiable. They WILL NOT get all the money (and from what I've heard it'll be a low amount)

It will ultimately result in the old board being paid off quicker and out of our hair, meaning future transfers this won't be an issue.

Smisa and the fan buyout is way ahead of target and everything is running positively and smoothly with close to 1,300 paying members. This not only moves things forward quicker still, it also increases discretionary funds for the club.

I'd hope people can take a step back from this one part of the deal and realise in the grand scheme of things it really is a non issue. Even if we did get all the money up front the club more than likely wouldn't spend it all on one pre season worth of signings.

Having said all this, none of this should be new information. The club and SMISA have been transparent in regards to the deal. I hope it doesn't call anyone's payments into question. If anything it would be great to make this a non issue quicker by getting more people to sign up to, what is for most (not all) a trivial amount of £12 a month.

How much is a low amount then.

Is it not true that the old board gave a concession by not demanding all moneys up front allowing SMISA the time to pay the cost? If so I would argue that they will never get their money back quicker. Only less slowly.

They'll get it quicker than they would without an accelerated payment, which funnily enough is what was being discussed. Less slowly is quicker, unless teaching has changed dramatically since I left school in the 80's.

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Also on the point about £1 million transfer for McGinn. That's a joke. No wonder Hibs told them to F right off. £1 million for one of the most promising players in Scottish football. I thought the quotes of £2.5 million were an embarrassment never mind £1 million.

Won't get anywhere near £2.5 million. Probably £1.6 - 1.8m if they are really interested.

He may be promising, but he's also Scottish and has been playing in the second tier for the last two seasons. He hardly set the world on fire during his last season in the Top League, albeit in an utterly brutal Saints team.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has a decision to make over moving for John McGinn – after Ipswich Town put in an opening offer for the Hibs midfielder.

Ipswich’s opening bid of £1.2million was rejected by the Easter Road club, but Mick McCarthy is set to up his offer for the in-demand 22-year-old. (Express)

How much is a low amount then.

I heard it could be no more than 25% but not sure how true it was. Regardless, i think the important thing is St Mirren will still see all the money. Got to remember as well Gilmour and Co we're all St Mirren fans. They may be gone but always did right by the club and don't expect they would stop.

On 2017-6-25 at 1:25 PM, notabuddie said:

The last Q&A with the old BOD did SG not say 33% if hibs sell within 2 years and then it dropped to 25% there after

SG recently when asked on Twitter confirmed on the 33% and that was after the January transfer window, so I would imagine that he is still worth 33% to us.