Jack Ross OBE

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Over

Before

Easter

lets face it the guy obviously sees League one as the level he likes to manage in, he made sure he took Alloa there, and he is making good on his opinion that we dont belong in the championship either.

if you sack a manager after six games, pay off him and his assistant, then pay compensation to bring a new manager in... why would you choose one whose only achievement in less than a years experience is getting his side relegated?

we could have paid compensation and got Duffy, McCall, Houston, Johnston etc... etc... managers with a track record, no we went for the RRR... Recently Relegated Rookie....

There's reasons why we are appointing rookies rather than experienced heads such as those named above. Quite frankly we cant afford them. I cant remember a manager we have appointed who came from having an established managerial record;

Ross

McManus

Rae

Murray

Teale

Craig

Lennon

Macpherson

Coughlin

Hendrie

Fitzy

All can be considered as being "rookies" when we appointed them. Thats over 20 years of managerial appointments. Some work, some don't but i think in time Ross will come good.

On 08/01/2017 at 10:47 AM, 87Bud13 said:

There's reasons why we are appointing rookies rather than experienced heads such as those named above. Quite frankly we cant afford them. I cant remember a manager we have appointed who came from having an established managerial record;

Ross

McManus

Rae

Murray

Teale

Craig

Lennon

Macpherson

Coughlin

Hendrie

Fitzy

All can be considered as being "rookies" when we appointed them. Thats over 20 years of managerial appointments. Some work, some don't but i think in time Ross will come good.

Whatever you say Bud.

Edited by Lord Pityme

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No and no,

but Ross apparently sees his rightful place as in the stands! Do i see our first Director of Football there? He could pass on his wealth of relegation experience to up and coming duds like himself.

funny thing about him storming into the stand to have a go at a fan, after HIS side just loss three nil to the only team with a worse run of form than us is he obviously never sees the merit in doing that in the dressing room, where it might actually matter and not make him look so much of a cock!

Your point is totally mute. Gus McPherson was a complete rookie.

JR spoke to one man in particular. The same guy who gives abuse on a regular basis, yes he pays his money but does that give him and other similar cretins the right to abuse people just because he's at the football.

On 08/01/2017 at 10:54 AM, class of 76-77 said:

Your point is totally mute. Gus McPherson was a complete rookie.

JR spoke to one man in particular. The same guy who gives abuse on a regular basis, yes he pays his money but does that give him and other similar cretins the right to abuse people just because he's at the football.

i was pissed off yesterday hearing a bloke and his five-ish year old son/grandson give Naismith stick the whole game because.... he may well be moving at the end if the season. How thick is that?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lennon won promotion, Rae did a job at Dundee and a couple of others had actually had more than six months experience before joining us. The rest I agree were just daft.

Still can be considered as being "rookies" in my opinion. If you compare them to Duffy, Houston, McCall and Johnston

Duffy - Manager for nearly 30 years

Houston - Manager 8 years

McCall - Manager 20 years

Johnston - Manager 5 years

I dont think any have had 5+ years of managerial experience before they joined us. Its maybe selection policy but i personally think it comes down to cost (both appointment and transfer funds).

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

My point is Ross only seems to generate passion when its too late, i was pissed off yesterday hearing a bloke and his five-ish year old son/grandson give Naismith stick the whole game because.... he may well be moving at the end if the season. How thick is that?

It's very difficult for everyone just now, passions are running high as we as fans feel the frustration of our dire situation. I get the fact we all have our opinions on the subject and we all see it in different ways. 

But reality is we can't go sacking another manager. The club needs stability and the fans to back a young manager who will make mistakes along the way, but we can't judge him on another failed managers unbalanced and frankly poor quality squad.

He needs to get a full pre season to work with his own squad and then we can judge his ability to manage, regardless of what division we end up.

On 08/01/2017 at 11:01 AM, 87Bud13 said:

Still can be considered as being "rookies" in my opinion. If you compare them to Duffy, Houston, McCall and Johnston

Duffy - Manager for nearly 30 years

Houston - Manager 8 years

McCall - Manager 20 years

Johnston - Manager 5 years

I dont think any have had 5+ years of managerial experience before they joined us. Its maybe selection policy but i personally think it comes down to cost (both appointment and transfer funds).

My bad!

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, class of 76-77 said:

It's very difficult for everyone just now, passions are running high as we as fans feel the frustration of our dire situation. I get the fact we all have our opinions on the subject and we all see it in different ways. 

But reality is we can't go sacking another manager. The club needs stability and the fans to back a young manager who will make mistakes along the way, but we can't judge him on another failed managers unbalanced and frankly poor quality squad.

He needs to get a full pre season to work with his own squad and then we can judge his ability to manage, regardless of what division we end up.

I haven't asked for him to be sacked, the people who appointed him need to look at themselves... ego is a terrible thing.

52 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No and no,

but Ross apparently sees his rightful place as in the stands! Do i see our first Director of Football there? He could pass on his wealth of relegation experience to up and coming duds like himself.

funny thing about him storming into the stand to have a go at a fan, after HIS side just loss three nil to the only team with a worse run of form than us is he obviously never sees the merit in doing that in the dressing room, where it might actually matter and not make him look so much of a cock!

So you know what is said and what's  not said in the dressing room. A lot of words are being pulled out the hat on the forum right now. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So you know what is said and what's  not said in the dressing room. A lot of words are being pulled out the hat on the forum right now. 

I know when someone has reacted and made a fool of themselves. Beaten 3-0 by the only team with a poorer run of form than us, and the manager thinks its a good idea to dive into the stands and have a go at some old nutter???

whatever happened to inviting the loudmouths to lunch at Ralston, and make them justify their constant berating? Mind you if anyone gets an invite to lunch at Ralston, take up the offer this season!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know when someone has reacted and made a fool of themselves. Beaten 3-0 by the only team with a poorer run of form than us, and the manager thinks its a good idea to dive into the stands and have a go at some old nutter???

whatever happened to inviting the loudmouths to lunch at Ralston, and make them justify their constant berating? Mind you if anyone gets an invite to lunch at Ralston, take up the offer this season!

Passion or for a better word emotions are running high at the moment. Dont say it was the right thing to do but understand why it happened.  We need a leader on the park just now not someone wearing an armband. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I don't get the impression that he made a fool of himself.

The torn-faced auld fart in the bunnet, however.....

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Passion or for a better word emotions are running high at the moment. Dont say it was the right thing to do but understand why it happened.  We need a leader on the park just now not someone wearing an armband. 

Not just on the park. The club is devoid of leadership ANYWHERE in the whole organisation right now. 

What absolute rubbish, Alloa were down when he took over Sir Alex wouldn't of been able to save them! Ross took them straight back to the top of the league and he's had this team of duds and boys playing much better than Rae with the exception being last two games, not sure why. Give him a chance to bring in a couple of players and see what happens. Even if we go down no one can place all the blame on his door. I think he'll come good and should be given the time to build a squad. If that's at league 1 level next year it'll be unfortunate but it'll be down to a lot of factors he hasn't had control of.

38 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Not just on the park. The club is devoid of leadership ANYWHERE in the whole organisation right now. 

Can you come in to the club at some point and divulge your wealth of knowledge on how we can make our club great again.I genuinely think you may have a few good ideas in amongst your rants.

1 minute ago, northendsaint said:

Can you come in to the club at some point and divulge your wealth of knowledge on how we can make our club great again.I genuinely think you may have a few good ideas in amongst your rants.

Ofcourse. 

It might help if I knew who you were though rather than you just being another alias on a football forum. Maybe drop me a PM? 

54 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don't get the impression that he made a fool of himself.

The torn-faced auld fart in the bunnet, however.....

Spot on. He was calm and made himself available to any fan to have a constructive conversation at any time about the things. As such, he has made himself more accountable. 

Plenty making fools of themselves on this forum over the past 18 hours or so. Pathetic stuff in general, behaving like children.

14 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

Has the club reached that level of desperation?

Edited by FTOF

20 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Spot on. He was calm and made himself available to any fan to have a constructive conversation at any time about the things. As such, he has made himself more accountable. 

Plenty making fools of themselves on this forum over the past 18 hours or so. Pathetic stuff in general, behaving like children.

Apart from an obvious couple, who are these fools?