Jack Ross OBE

2 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

JR spoke to one man in particular. The same guy who gives abuse on a regular basis, yes he pays his money but does that give him and other similar cretins the right to abuse people just because he's at the football.

The man that Jack Ross is seen talking to "in particular" did not abuse him and has never abused him.The man actually spoke to Jack,calmed him down to a rage and stopped him going further into the crowd to confront the real abuser.

Well done Uncle Joe.

What absolute rubbish, Alloa were down when he took over Sir Alex wouldn't of been able to save them! Ross took them straight back to the top of the league and he's had this team of duds and boys playing much better than Rae with the exception being last two games, not sure why. Give him a chance to bring in a couple of players and see what happens. Even if we go down no one can place all the blame on his door. I think he'll come good and should be given the time to build a squad. If that's at league 1 level next year it'll be unfortunate but it'll be down to a lot of factors he hasn't had control of.

Alloa were 3rd when Ross left them. They are now 2nd. So some would say they are doing better without him.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Looking at that video it doesnt look like Ross was attacking the gent in the bunnet, but there were rumours Jack had a potential signing target as a guest in the main stand. Could that be our new striker in the video getting an instant debrief from the gaffer?

I haven't asked for him to be sacked, the people who appointed him need to look at themselves... ego is a terrible thing.

But hold on a second....you are a board member of the second largest Shareholder and have your boards representative on the Clubs board. It is the Club board that sack and appoint so i dont see how you are working under any form of collective responsibilty which is how boards are supposed to work.

Can you explain the process of consultation you as a director were involved in?

1 minute ago, rea said:

But hold on a second....you are a board member of the second largest Shareholder and have your boards representative on the Clubs board. It is the Club board that sack and appoint so i dont see how you are working under any form of collective responsibilty which is how boards are supposed to work.

Can you explain the process of consultation you as a director were involved in?

No idea what you are hoping to shit stir again amongst saints fans, and if you actuually think smisa were, or should be consulted on what manager the club should sack or hire its a good job yo arent involved with the club.

No idea what you are hoping to shit stir again amongst saints fans, and if you actuually think smisa were, or should be consulted on what manager the club should sack or hire its a good job yo arent involved with the club.

I personally would have thought there should be consultation to the extent of being told what was happening in the sacking and appointment....and certainly that via your rep on the board the ability for the SMISA board to feed into the process the Club board was about to start...though not to be involved directly in the recruitment process

As a note non club board members have been involved before in the process.

Glad to see you are reaching out with your "community" hat on as a board mem of SMISA...really pulling in those willing to sign up to SMISA aims without having been Saints fans all there life. I hope you do appreciate that you dont even need to be a st mirren fan to join smisa.

5 minutes ago, rea said:

I personally would have thought there should be consultation to the extent of being told what was happening in the sacking and appointment....and certainly that via your rep on the board the ability for the SMISA board to feed into the process the Club board was about to start...though not to be involved directly in the recruitment process

As a note non club board members have been involved before in the process.

Glad to see you are reaching out with your "community" hat on as a board mem of SMISA...really pulling in those willing to sign up to SMISA aims without having been Saints fans all there life. I hope you do appreciate that you dont even need to be a st mirren fan to join smisa.

I dont think anyone could ever accuse you of being a st mirren fan.

I dont think anyone could ever accuse you of being a st mirren fan.

Nice deflection but a deflection nonetheless.

I think you would serve the Club as a Director of its largest group shareholder by accepting you are part of the collectively responsible, and act to encourage a team and manager that are struggling rather than being all....i told you so...about it.

14 minutes ago, rea said:

Nice deflection but a deflection nonetheless.

I think you would serve the Club as a Director of its largest group shareholder by accepting you are part of the collectively responsible, and act to encourage a team and manager that are struggling rather than being all....i told you so...about it.

And I think you are a shit stirrer who would be happy to see smisa fail so you could say i told you so. Jealously is a terrible trait.

36 minutes ago, HSS said:

The man that Jack Ross is seen talking to "in particular" did not abuse him and has never abused him.The man actually spoke to Jack,calmed him down to a rage and stopped him going further into the crowd to confront the real abuser.

Well done Uncle Joe.

Apologies for calling that situation wrong and kudos to uncle joe for defusing that situation. 

But my point still stands in regards to those fans who think they can keep up a non stop torrent of abuse at the manager and players.

And I think you are a shit stirrer who would be happy to see smisa fail so you could say i told you so. Jealously is a terrible trait.

Again with the deflection.

SMISA has already succeeded it has 25%plus ownership and a contract for more and did at a cheaper offer than me.

There is nothing to be jealous of.

It has succeded and i am happy to have helped it along the way.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Typical poor journalism.

He didn't "confront" "fans".  "Confront" meaning "come face to face with (someone) with hostile or argumentative intent"

It was a solitary gentleman who believed that he was entitled to a one way conversation with our manager. 

Very poor indeed of the Daily Record.

Typical poor journalism.
He didn't "confront" "fans".  "Confront" meaning "come face to face with (someone) with hostile or argumentative intent"
It was a solitary gentleman who believed that he was entitled to a one way conversation with our manager. 
Very poor indeed of the Daily Record.

Posted the link for people to see who hadn't witnessed it.

Seems much a do about nothing.

However I don't think players/ managers etc should walk into the stands regardless of what's been shouted & in the same vain , I don't think people should shoot 'personal' abuse towards players/managers , but no problem with them moaning about the football/tactics as long as it's not vitriolic abuse.

23 minutes ago, rea said:

Again with the deflection.

SMISA has already succeeded it has 25%plus ownership and a contract for more and did at a cheaper offer than me.

There is nothing to be jealous of.

It has succeded and i am happy to have helped it along the way.

Again with the delusion...

aye I am sure all those ill-conceived, failed bids where you dissapeared for months on end, and attempted to saddle the club with a huge debt must surely have paved the way for smisa and its members. It certainly convinced me we needed to take the club into fan ownership in case another cockamamie attempt succeeded!

Again with the delusion...
aye I am sure all those ill-conceived, failed bids where you dissapeared for months on end, and attempted to saddle the club with a huge debt must surely have paved the way for smisa and its members. It certainly convinced me we needed to take the club into fan ownership in case another cockamamie attempt succeeded!

I dont mind that much that you try to be an online "big man" and that your default setting seems to just to abuse those you disagree with but lies is a different thing as you very well know just like the SMISA bid the Club under any fanownership scheme would be saddled with ZERO debt.

But glad nonetheless that your were finally convince FO is a good idea...though not quite sure you yet grasp some of the finer points of Buliding a Community outwith the lifelong fan

heres a rumsfeld for you two....

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

56 minutes ago, rea said:

I dont mind that much that you try to be an online "big man" and that your default setting seems to just to abuse those you disagree with but lies is a different thing as you very well know just like the SMISA bid the Club under any fanownership scheme would be saddled with ZERO debt.

But glad nonetheless that your were finally convince FO is a good idea...though not quite sure you yet grasp some of the finer points of Buliding a Community outwith the lifelong fan

Sorry you are right, it was the fans you wanted to saddle with the debt. Who would eventually own the club.