NEW: The Sin Bin

div

So Farewell Then StuDick - there won't be many sorry to see him go but let's face it his behaviour was bad since he was barred from P&B and decided to honour us with his presence. The difference over the last month was that he pissed off div and not us plebs and got sent to The Sin Bin. 

Is that just The Shull left in dusty bin?

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

So Farewell Then StuDick - there won't be many sorry to see him go but let's face it his behaviour was bad since he was barred from P&B and decided to honour us with his presence. The difference over the last month was that he pissed off div and not us plebs and got sent to The Sin Bin. 

Is that just The Shull left in dusty bin?

Shull has also now left the building permanently.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

is he taking his aliases with him?

He's harder to block permanently as his ISP address is dynamic rather than fixed so I'm sure he will re-register or login with another alias.

I'll keep blocking, he'll keep registering. Eventually he'll get bored.

Time to shut this area of the forum down.

Bad idea, could easily have done what's been done without the need to allow the trolls to gloat.

It'll be interesting to see what's allowed on the main forum if the need to shove some poor soul in here is still present.

Oh, my tunnels still in place in case this place isn't closed down.

Can sell the plans for a nifty sum if anyone's interested. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can't help but wonder what happened to Shull.
Until he reinvented himself, he was actually quite interesting. Shame really. Deserved on current form tho.

I blame the Crystal Meth that has ravaged Cardonald recently. 

JUST SAY NO.

53 minutes ago, div said:

The Sin Bin has been emptied of members, and I've also started a task to clear all content from in there.

The area remains however. I will move members in there if they are polluting the forum.

wish I'd seen this before I asked where they are. Banished?

Edited by Kombibuddie

This idea of a sin bin is poor. It's like it's ma baw and your no playing unless you play by my rules.

I have to say am disappointed in this. Don't get me wrong there is some severe bell*nds on this forum with opinions that I would never agree with and certain individuals I don't even read their posts but to put them in a sin bin is pretty childish.

Definition of a forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

Div you run this forum am sure for St Mirren fans to openly stat their views and opinions. We are not going to like every post and some people won't like each other but their opinions and views should be aired. Unless their overstepping the mark with their conduct therefore they should be banned they should have the same access as all others.

If the Sin Bin is not abolished in the near future then little old me won't be returning to this once fantastic St Mirren forum out of embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

This idea of a sin bin is poor. It's like it's ma baw and your no playing unless you play by my rules.

I have to say am disappointed in this. Don't get me wrong there is some severe bell*nds on this forum with opinions that I would never agree with and certain individuals I don't even read their posts but to put them in a sin bin is pretty childish.

Definition of a forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

Div you run this forum am sure for St Mirren fans to openly stat their views and opinions. We are not going to like every post and some people won't like each other but their opinions and views should be aired. Unless their overstepping the mark with their conduct therefore they should be banned they should have the same access as all others.

If the Sin Bin is not abolished in the near future then little old me won't be returning to this once fantastic St Mirren forum out of embarrassment.

I'd like this twice if i could.

19 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I don't find it embarrassing at all. What I find embarrassing is that certain individuals so overstepped the 'bellend' label that Div deemed the Wank Tank necessary. How many years has Div been running the forum? He never resorted to a measure like this before. The fact that supposedly grown adults couldn't enjoy a forum without, for example, repeatedly branding a player a 'sex pest', is the embarrassing part. It's not Div that needs to take a look a himself.

I don't find it embarrassing at all. What I find embarrassing is that certain individuals so overstepped the 'bellend' label that Div deemed the Wank Tank necessary. How many years has Div been running the forum? He never resorted to a measure like this before. The fact that supposedly grown adults couldn't enjoy a forum without, for example, repeatedly branding a player a 'sex pest', is the embarrassing part. It's not Div that needs to take a look a himself.

I would never say Div needs to look at himself. He has went over and above for the good of the forum over the years. I am disagreeing with the concept of a sin bin and a find it cringeworthy and again this is my opinion. Surely individuals if they overstep the mark they can be banned or individuals can block other individuals

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I would never say Div needs to look at himself. He has went over and above for the good of the forum over the years. I am disagreeing with the concept of a sin bin and a find it cringeworthy and again this is my opinion. Surely individuals if they overstep the mark they can be banned or individuals can block other individuals

The Sin Bin wasn't created because I disagreed with anything that was being posted. It was created because a tiny miniority of posters were ruining every single thread with masses of repetitive shite, most of which wasn't even related to the topic itself. I've had dozens of people tell me they no longer used the forum because every single thread went the same way, ruined by grown adults who just wanted to scream ME ME ME ME at every opportunity.

I gave them a chance to see the error of their ways, they didn't take it, and they've left the building.

There is nobody left on the forum with Sin Bin only restrictions but if another member starts out with the same behaviour they'll go in there too to cool off before being allowed back in.

14 minutes ago, div said:

The Sin Bin wasn't created because I disagreed with anything that was being posted. It was created because a tiny miniority of posters were ruining every single thread with masses of repetitive shite, most of which wasn't even related to the topic itself. I've had dozens of people tell me they no longer used the forum because every single thread went the same way, ruined by grown adults who just wanted to scream ME ME ME ME at every opportunity.

I gave them a chance to see the error of their ways, they didn't take it, and they've left the building.

There is nobody left on the forum with Sin Bin only restrictions but if another member starts out with the same behaviour they'll go in there too to cool off before being allowed back in.

What about people who have left because the "inner circle" are only happy when it's posts that they like?

There are two sides to this, which you, and may others, don't seem able to grasp.

If I complained about the repetitive shite by others you would be busier than ever.

What I see as repetitive, lets say mentioning a manager is great over and over again, is deemed dull to me. 

I\m not complaining about the 2 people that have 'left the building' as there is an argument they went over the line but the point Dave is trying to make is it's easier to deal with these people rather than sending them to a section where it only serves to give others a smugness and to be honest your decision to make public about Stuart asking for his account to be deleted etc was totally unnecessary. 

PS The amount of "likes" these individuals have received proves that plenty of posts were seen as decent, no? 

Edited by faraway saint

Stu brought debate and loads of disagreement , while Shull and all his aliases brought a fair bit of humour which I for one found funny on many occasions . This is a forum and these things are all part of it and needed to keep it rolling along .

I tend not read posts that I think are there just to wind up or insult , I do it by choice so that if I do get annoyed by them its my own fault for reading it in the first place.

17 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Stu brought debate and loads of disagreement , while Shull and all his aliases brought a fair bit of humour which I for one found funny on many occasions . This is a forum and these things are all part of it and needed to keep it rolling along .

I tend not read posts that I think are there just to wind up or insult , I do it by choice so that if I do get annoyed by them its my own fault for reading it in the first place.

I'll start a "Not Easily Upset" section and you, and quite a few others can go right in there for ever. :wink:

PS The problem with this is I'll be there so watch out, you might have a breakdown after a while. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What about people who have left because the "inner circle" are only happy when it's posts that they like?

There are two sides to this, which you, and may others, don't seem able to grasp.

If I complained about the repetitive shite by others you would be busier than ever.

What I see as repetitive, lets say mentioning a manager is great over and over again, is deemed dull to me. 

I\m not complaining about the 2 people that have 'left the building' as there is an argument they went over the line but the point Dave is trying to make is it's easier to deal with these people rather than sending them to a section where it only serves to give others a smugness and to be honest your decision to make public about Stuart asking for his account to be deleted etc was totally unnecessary. 

PS The amount of "likes" these individuals have received proves that plenty of posts were seen as decent, no? 

If I hadn't explained that Stuart had asked for his account to be blocked then I'd have been slammed for banning his account.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Plenty of posters liked sparring with Stuart in particular, which is why I did not ban him. I moved him out the way so users could decide whether to engage or not.

Stuart for whatever reason, despite all his bravado about how much he was loving the attention, has decided to leave the forum. His choice, not mine.

Shull is a different case entirely. I've no idea what happened to him but the last few days posts were increasingy bizzare and he started openly abusing me. I don't really need to put up with that so I banned him, simple as that. My baw and all that.